Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, once again, we have a psych student consulting with lawyers - this time for 6 days - "assessing her memories". Sounds like another "repressed memory" debacle.
    In neither case have I seen explicit evidence of either of them undergoing repressed memory therapy. Though if they did I'd agree with you on it, that the results would be very fishy.

After 6 days of "assessing her memories"?
    Yeah I noticed that too, I think it would be fair for these witnesses to clarify whether they had repressed memory therapy or anything of the like done. Perhaps they could offer their notes up to suitable disinterested third party psychologist, to see if there's something in their therapy that would cast doubt on the memories being genuine, or being a result of the therapy itself.

Though I think that the therapy notes should remain sealed from the public.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 09-24-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      Not at all. We "self-righteous liberals" have become quite accustomed to hypocritical Evangelicals supporting and defending sexual aggression against women by self-entitled, sexist men.
      Nobody is "supporting and defending sexual aggression against women", you prig. We are supporting and defending a man who is almost certainly innocent against sketchy accusations that are refuted by other witnesses that the accusers themselves have named.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        It is eyewitnesses to the claimed act itself we don't have.
        Most likely because the act never happened. In both cases, the accusations have been emphatically denied by witnesses that the accusers themselves have named. So it's not that we lack other witnesses, it's that the witnesses who have been named by the supposed victim say that the incident never happened.

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        And considering how conservatives are currently treating these two witnesses, I don't fault them for not risking life, home and income by coming forward.
        Right.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• So lets get this straight, all you conservative Kavanaugh backers actually believe that this woman is making up this entire story and putting herself and her family through this misery for personal political reasons? Just goes to show why you are so easily manipulated. It's no wonder Trump can continuously lie to you without fear of losing your support. Trump knows you well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Not at all. We "self-righteous liberals" have become quite accustomed to hypocritical Evangelicals supporting and defending sexual aggression against women by self-entitled, sexist men.
            What a typical pile of steaming horsie poo. Tassman, I'm beginning to think you're some kind of pervert with all kinds of secret sex fantasies and hangups.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What a typical pile of steaming horsie poo. Tassman, I'm beginning to think you're some kind of pervert with all kinds of secret sex fantasies and hangups.
              Can't handle the truth eh, CP?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                So lets get this straight, all you conservative Kavanaugh backers actually believe that this woman is making up this entire story and putting herself and her family through this misery for personal political reasons? Just goes to show why you are so easily manipulated. It's no wonder Trump can continuously lie to you without fear of losing your support. Trump knows you well!
                I've repeatedly stated that I think this is an example of a false memory which means by now she is entirely convinced she is telling the truth. So no, you are not "getting it straight" but as usual twisting it like a pretzel.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I've repeatedly stated that I think this is an example of a false memory which means by now she is entirely convinced she is telling the truth. So no, you are not "getting it straight" but as usual twisting it like a pretzel.
                  Jim manufactures his own "truth", and you can always tell when he starts out with something like "So let's get this straight...."
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Can't handle the truth eh, CP?
                    As much as I believe that its more likely to be the case that there's something to this, than not, it doesn't mean I think strength of the evidence is strong enough to overcome reasonable doubt. I'm honestly not sure why you believe there's a truth to confront anyone with here.

Odds of around 2/3 for Kavanaugh having done it, is not something I'd hang a man up on. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In order to give someone the benefit of the doubt its not required that the chance of them being guilty is less than 50%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      As much as I believe that its more likely to be the case that there's something to this, than not, it doesn't mean I think strength of the evidence is strong enough to overcome reasonable doubt. I'm honestly not sure why you believe there's a truth to confront anyone with here.

Odds of around 2/3 for Kavanaugh having done it, is not something I'd hang a man up on. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In order to give someone the benefit of the doubt its not required that the chance of them being guilty is less than 50%.
                      And I agree that it's entirely possible that K was a "wild child" in high school, many of us were. There are just so many things surrounding the story, the way it was presented, the timeline, the political activism involved.... and why did DiFi "know this" during the entire process of the hearings, and never say a word til AFTER it became obvious that K was on the path to SCOTUS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Right.
                        And by not acknowledging the very real stress and anxiety anyone would face dealing with death threats and the absolute ridicule coming from the likes of you, you have made the case.

Women who have experienced assault who can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it occurred tend not to talk about it because of people like you MM. You need only look in the mirror to understand why she would have kept it to herself until the stakes were high enough for her to feel the cost of coming forward would be worth it. That doesn't make her allegations true. But you and those like you make her reticence to talk about them more than credible.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-24-2018, 07:46 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          And by not acknowledging the very real stress and anxiety anyone would face dealing with death threats and the absolute ridicule coming from the likes of you, the have made the case.
                          You mean like how Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) mockingly sneered at Senator Susan Collins ("Boo hoo hoo") when she has recounted the numerous death threats she has received since Kavanaugh was nominated trying to intimidate her into voting to oppose him?

Compare that behavior from a prominent politician to what some anonymous poster on a small website said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            And by not acknowledging the very real stress and anxiety anyone would face dealing with death threats and the absolute ridicule coming from the likes of you, you have made the case.

Women who have experienced assault who can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it occurred tend not to talk about it because of people like you MM. You need only look in the mirror to understand why she would have kept it to herself until the stakes were high enough for her to feel the cost of coming forward would be worth it. That doesn't make her allegations true. But you and those like you make her reticence to talk about them more than credible.

Jim
                            Personally, I don't think it's necessary to smear Ford to protect K. But, neither do I think it's prudent to just accept what she says without question. I think that she believes something happened, but so many details are missing, and that's problematic. It's also a bit puzzling that the other 4 parties who were supposedly present all deny anything happened.

Comment

It's also a bit puzzling that the other 4 parties who were supposedly present all deny anything happened.
                              MRDA x
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                MRDA x
                                MRDA?
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment