Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They investigate CRIMES, for cryin' out loud! What CRIME has been committed, aside from the fact that the statute of limitations for ANY alleged crime would have been over decades ago. They're just trying to run out the clock.
    Except Maryland--which is where the alleged crime took place, I believe--has no statute of limitations for any felony sex crime (well, or so this site tells me). So no statute of limitations would have run out.

From my understanding, the reason the FBI wouldn't do an investigation is that this is an alleged state crime, whereas they investigate federal crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post

Meanwhile Professor Ford's story has received yet more confirmation as another person has reported they heard about something like this happening at the time.
      "Something like this" is hardly specific and could well be someone talking about another incident at another time and place involving totally different people.

Meanwhile

Source: Former classmate of Kavanaugh's denies being at party in sexual assault allegation

In a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, another former classmate of Brett Kavanaugh's denies attending a party like the one described in the allegation made by Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused the Supreme Court nominee of sexually assaulting her three decades ago when they were teenagers.

Patrick J. Smyth attended Georgetown Prep -- an all-boys school in North Bethesda, Maryland -- alongside Kavanaugh. Both men graduated in 1983. Smyth signed a letter this summer, before the allegations against Kavanaugh were made public, testifying that Kavanaugh "is singularly qualified to be an Associate Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court," along with dozen other of the school's alumni.

Eric Bruce, who is representing Smyth, authored a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the committee. CNN has obtained a copy of the letter, which includes a quote from Smyth denying seeing any "improper conduct" from Kavanaugh.

"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth says in his statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

"Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So much for the anonymity part.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        Except Maryland--which is where the alleged crime took place, I believe--has no statute of limitations for any felony sex crime...
        Is a felony sex crime even alleged? So far, it's "he groped me" and "I thought he wanted to kill me".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          "Something like this" is hardly specific and could well be someone talking about another incident at another time and place involving totally different people.

Meanwhile

Source: Former classmate of Kavanaugh's denies being at party in sexual assault allegation

In a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, another former classmate of Brett Kavanaugh's denies attending a party like the one described in the allegation made by Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused the Supreme Court nominee of sexually assaulting her three decades ago when they were teenagers.

Patrick J. Smyth attended Georgetown Prep -- an all-boys school in North Bethesda, Maryland -- alongside Kavanaugh. Both men graduated in 1983. Smyth signed a letter this summer, before the allegations against Kavanaugh were made public, testifying that Kavanaugh "is singularly qualified to be an Associate Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court," along with dozen other of the school's alumni.

Eric Bruce, who is representing Smyth, authored a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the committee. CNN has obtained a copy of the letter, which includes a quote from Smyth denying seeing any "improper conduct" from Kavanaugh.

"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth says in his statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."

"Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have."

Source

So much for the anonymity part.
          DAMNING testimony. DAMNING!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Yeah, but Dimbulb claims that some woman kinda sorta recollects hearing something that maybe vaguely resembled the incident described by Ford, so why haven't we fired up the electric chair yet? He's obviously guilty!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yeah, but Dimbulb claims that some woman kinda sorta recollects hearing something that maybe vaguely resembled the incident described by Ford, so why haven't we fired up the electric chair yet? He's obviously guilty!
              git a rope!

Comment

• Food for thought...

Source: Ford's Accusation against Kavanaugh Is Not Credible

The Dems and the media said Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct, including the rape of Juanita Broaddrick, was irrelevant to Clinton serving as president. They also said Teddy Kennedy's driving his car into the pond drunk at Chappaquiddick, leaving Mary Jo Kopechne to die, while he swam away and waited twelve hours to report to the police, was irrelevant to him serving as senator and running for the presidency.

Now the Dems and the media say any claim of sexual misconduct, no matter how remote and unreliable, is enough to destroy the life of Brett Kavanaugh...

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._credible.html

Comment

Food for thought...

Source: Ford's Accusation against Kavanaugh Is Not Credible

The Dems and the media said Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct, including the rape of Juanita Broaddrick, was irrelevant to Clinton serving as president. They also said Teddy Kennedy's driving his car into the pond drunk at Chappaquiddick, leaving Mary Jo Kopechne to die, while he swam away and waited twelve hours to report to the police, was irrelevant to him serving as senator and running for the presidency.

Now the Dems and the media say any claim of sexual misconduct, no matter how remote and unreliable, is enough to destroy the life of Brett Kavanaugh...

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._credible.html

"Destroy the life of Brett Kavanaugh" seems pretty exaggerated. If he doesn't make it to the Supreme Court, he's still got a lifetime position that has a salary of over $200,000/year.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Having said that, I feel that, on the whole, I am helping the Christian community here to ‘get a grip’.
                    You don't lack for chutzpah, that much is certain.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      "Destroy the life of Brett Kavanaugh" seems pretty exaggerated. If he doesn't make it to the Supreme Court, he's still got a lifetime position that has a salary of over $200,000/year.
                      They are trying to destroy his reputation and career.

Comment

They are trying to destroy his reputation and career.
                        You may be right about the reputation, but having someone stay in a position where they make $220,600 per year with lifetime tenure is hardly destroying their career. Moving to the Supreme Court would only increase the pay by about 16%.
                        Last edited by Terraceth; 09-19-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Is this who Dimbulb said could corroborate Ford's story? If it is, she's now denying any firsthand knowledge of the incident and is refusing any more interview requests from the media.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KrisFeldm...27869048639489

Comment

• This is interesting.... someone had the foresight to save scans of Ford's highschool yearbooks before they were scrubbed from the internet, and let's just say they're eye-opening and cast Ford's and her school's reputation in a very poor light. It's hard to believe that Ford was afraid to tell her parents about the assault because she didn't want them to know she was at an under-age drinking party when the school's own faculty-approved yearbook openly celebrated the students' partying in words and pictures.

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/20...ol_19.html?m=1

Now we know why Ford spent the weekend before going public sanitizing her social media.

Comment

Yeah, but Dimbulb claims that some woman kinda sorta recollects hearing something that maybe vaguely resembled the incident described by Ford, so why haven't we fired up the electric chair yet? He's obviously guilty!
                              In the best tradition of "blame the victim" as per Trump, 'quelle surprise'.

Why would Professor Ford, who has so much to lose by way of privacy invasion, death threats etc...to the extent that her family has had to go into hiding...make such an accusation against Kavanaugh if it wasn’t true?

By all accounts, Ford is an honest, calm, rigorous academic and “a woman of great integrity.” Obviously, something happened that traumatised her and she claims it was perpetrated by the man seeking a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. Furthermore, this isn’t a recent accusation; her allegations were documented by her therapist in notes from sessions in 2012 and 2013, in which Ford talked about the “rape attempt”.

So, what’s the hurry? Such a serious allegation warrants proper consideration otherwise Kavanaugh will have a permanent cloud hanging over him which will taint every decision he makes.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                In the best tradition of "blame the victim" as per Trump, 'quelle surprise'.

Why would Professor Ford, who has so much to lose by way of privacy invasion, death threats etc...to the extent that her family has had to go into hiding...make such an accusation against Kavanaugh if it wasn’t true?

By all accounts, Ford is an honest, calm, rigorous academic and “a woman of great integrity.” Obviously, something happened that traumatised her and she claims it was perpetrated by the man seeking a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. Furthermore, this isn’t a recent accusation; her allegations were documented by her therapist in notes from sessions in 2012 and 2013, in which Ford talked about the “rape attempt”.
                                That is still very "recent" compared to the time at which it allegedly occurred -- that time (i.e. YEAR) being one of the many details she does not recall. Call it ca. mid-'80s.

During those therapy sessions, did she at that time NAME the alleged assailant? Or any of the alleged witnesses?

So, what’s the hurry? Such a serious allegation warrants proper consideration otherwise Kavanaugh will have a permanent cloud hanging over him which will taint every decision he makes.
                                What's to consider? Ford has already said she has no additional info to proffer. She has provided no contemporaneous corroborating witnesses. She has provided no contemporaneous legal, medical, or personal documents supporting her claims. The only person she has named in addition to Kavanaugh explicitly denies her claims. There is no pattern of behavior on the part of Kavanaugh in succeeding decades to suggest avenues of inquiry, let alone guilt. There is no way to move it beyond "He said, She said."

No matter how much time is given, it is already a fait accompli that both Ford and Kavanaugh will each forevermore be Joe Btfsplk.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment