Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I just saw some meme that made a good point.

She doesn't remember the year but she remembers she was 15.
    Well, maybe she was born in the summer, so it could have been in November, so it could have been either of TWO years. That makes it WAY harder.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

yeah because if they could involve the FBI they know it would be bogged down for months.
      It would be great if the FBI would say "OK, let's get this rolling, let's have you lay out the entire thing under oath, and we'll begin checking...." Or even a deposition! But they want K to testify FIRST!!!!

I can't believe they're THAT stupid, but I believe that THEY believe most people in the US are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Well, maybe she was born in the summer, so it could have been in November, so it could have been either of TWO years. That makes it WAY harder.
        sure. that's the ticket!

Comment

• It's the RESISTANCE, stupid!

Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer Caught On Camera: ‘We Are Going To Resist’

Debra Katz, one of the attorneys representing Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser, attended a resistance rally against the president in 2017 and promised to “fight back.”

Katz is representing Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who claims Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in the 1980s while the two were in high school.

The lawyer has numerous ties to the resistance against Trump, and was caught on camera at a protest in February 2017 after Jeff Sessions was confirmed as the administration’s attorney general.

“We are going to fight back,” she told a reporter. “We are going to resist. We will not be silenced.”

Katz was identified only as a “protester” by ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

The Gargoyle, the alumni magazine for the University of Wisconsin Law School, profiled Katz on August 9, 2018 and found her to be just as committed to fighting the president as she was at the 2017 protest.

“The resistance is not going away, says Katz, and she is committed to being part of it,” the Gargoyle wrote.

This isn't about Kavanaugh - it's about the pinko commie liberal left hating Trump so much that they'll do anything to stop Trump, and the soft-brained left allowing themselves to be whipped up into a frenzy beyond logic or reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It's the RESISTANCE, stupid!

Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer Caught On Camera: ‘We Are Going To Resist’

Debra Katz, one of the attorneys representing Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser, attended a resistance rally against the president in 2017 and promised to “fight back.”

Katz is representing Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who claims Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in the 1980s while the two were in high school.

The lawyer has numerous ties to the resistance against Trump, and was caught on camera at a protest in February 2017 after Jeff Sessions was confirmed as the administration’s attorney general.

“We are going to fight back,” she told a reporter. “We are going to resist. We will not be silenced.”

Katz was identified only as a “protester” by ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

The Gargoyle, the alumni magazine for the University of Wisconsin Law School, profiled Katz on August 9, 2018 and found her to be just as committed to fighting the president as she was at the 2017 protest.

“The resistance is not going away, says Katz, and she is committed to being part of it,” the Gargoyle wrote.

This isn't about Kavanaugh - it's about the pinko commie liberal left hating Trump so much that they'll do anything to stop Trump, and the soft-brained left allowing themselves to be whipped up into a frenzy beyond logic or reason.
            00000000000000arb1aaba.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]31344[/ATTACH]
              That's it, exactly, but she's just as much a part of "the resistance" that she probably doesn't mind being used. (Though, I'm beginning to think she wishes she had kept her mouth shut)

Comment

• Meanwhile, Karen Monahan, abused ex-girlfriend of Keith Ellison, struggles to get even a hundredth of the same level of support from the left as Ford (and Ellison has barely managed to receive even the tiniest fraction of the same level of criticism as Kavanaugh). Quite the contrary, she says she has "been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alsharad View Post
                  Like her yearbook that paints her and her class as rebellious, party-going teenagers that brag about getting so drunk they can't remember the party. .
                  Oh really! "In his first year of college, Kavanaugh joined an organization notorious for disrespecting women: the campus chapter of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity". "But since Kavanaugh’s graduation in 1987, DKE’s reputation for mistreating women at Yale has only grown. Yale banned DKE from campus for five years in 2011 after videos circulated of fraternity recruits chanting “no means yes, yes means anal” in front of the University’s Women’s Center".

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/...s-dke-hijinks/

She would probably want to hide that fact since it destroys the reliability of her testimony
                  I don't believe any woman forgets an episode of sexual assault especially in this instance when, by all accounts, it has left a permanent emotional scar as she discussed with friends and in therapy.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Ford is a psychiatrist. A research psychiatrist so she should know better.
                    Know better than what? She certainly knows better than your amateur diagnostics and attempts to cast doubt upon her reputation. She is trying to do the right thing by alerting the populace of the moral character of the man the conservatives are trying to ram through with unseemly haste.

A distressing number of conservatives are defending the right of a Supreme Court Justice to have previously attempted rape, without any serious investigation of the accusations made about him by the victim. The victim is a credible figure, despite the attempts by the religious right to blacken her name. She warrants being taken seriously. I would have thought Kavanaugh would think the same given that, if appointed to the bench without proper investigation, his name will be forever tainted. And so will any Supreme Court decisions in which Kavanaugh cast the deciding vote.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

I don't believe any woman forgets an episode of sexual assault especially in this instance when, by all accounts, it has left a permanent emotional scar as she discussed with friends and in therapy.
                      No they just forget all the pertinent details such as
                      • where it took place
                      • when it took place
                      • how you got to this place
                      • if you went to this place with others
                      • if the alleged assailants followed you upstairs or were already waiting
                      • the number of the alleged assailants
                      • how you got home

And you never, ever tell a single soul. Not the authorities, not a school counselor, not a classmate, not your bff, not a sibling or other relative.

This has all the ear marks of a false memory.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        No they just forget all the pertinent details such as
                        • where it took place
                        • when it took place
                        • how you got to this place
                        • if you went to this place with others
                        • if the alleged assailants followed you upstairs or were already waiting
                        • the number of the alleged assailants
                        • how you got home
                        All the more reason for an FBI background investigation to ascertain whatever facts are available...at the very least from Mark Judge, who was named as the third person in the room. He himself has a dubious reputation regarding women and both he and Kavanaugh were members of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity", notorious for disrespecting women.

And you never, ever tell a single soul. Not the authorities, not a school counselor, not a classmate, not your bff, not a sibling or other relative.

This has all the ear marks of a false memory
                        Oh really Mr Psychiatrist, you're an authority on such matters are you? Are you familiar with the cluster of symptoms and reactions common to victims of rape or attempted rape? There is a significant disorder known as 'rape trauma syndrome',which Professor Ford appears to be exhibiting. She was sufficiently disturbed to seek professional therapy and discuss the issue with several of her friends. All of which predates Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court.

Comment

• First of all, I really appreciate how you didn't respond to all my points. Thank you for that. I assume that you agree with everything else that I said?

Also, I am responding to something you said to Rogue as well.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Oh really! "In his first year of college, Kavanaugh joined an organization notorious for disrespecting women: the campus chapter of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity".
                          Interesting. Was it notorious in the mid-80s or is it notorious now for things that happened after he left?

"But since Kavanaugh’s graduation in 1987, DKE’s reputation for mistreating women at Yale has only grown. Yale banned DKE from campus for five years in 2011 after videos circulated of fraternity recruits chanting “no means yes, yes means anal” in front of the University’s Women’s Center".

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/...s-dke-hijinks/
                          Irrelevant. What they did 24 years after he left has nothing to do with Kavanaugh. If they had done it in 1988, then you would have something. But... you don't.

And all this aside, all you have is Kavanaugh's membership. Dr. Ford's yearbook has a photo of her at a party with a caption admitting to getting black-out drunk.

Except she forgot all the other details. The only thing that she "remembers" is that it was Kavanaugh. She has nothing else.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          All the more reason for an FBI background investigation to ascertain whatever facts are available...at the very least from Mark Judge, who was named as the third person in the room. He himself has a dubious reputation regarding women and both he and Kavanaugh were members of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity", notorious for disrespecting women.
                          The FBI already did a background check and they were aware of these allegations. But the background check won't reveal anything else. The FBI has been given the testimony. There is NOTHING for them to investigate! Why? Because the FBI is not the state police. They only get involved when it is a federal crime. Nothing about her testimony indicates that it was a federal crime. This is something for the local authorities to investigate. Unfortunately, they have nothing to go on. As I said, this is nothing more than he-said-she-said.

A distressing number of conservatives are defending the right of a Supreme Court Justice to have previously attempted rape, without any serious investigation of the accusations made about him by the victim. The victim is a credible figure, despite the attempts by the religious right to blacken her name. She warrants being taken seriously. I would have thought Kavanaugh would think the same given that, if appointed to the bench without proper investigation, his name will be forever tainted. And so will any Supreme Court decisions in which Kavanaugh cast the deciding vote.
                          Oh Lord.

Look, there is no evidence that he attempted rape, just an accusation. You cannot say that she is a victim because there is no evidence of a crime. You don't get to be a victim just because you believe you are a victim. She IS being taken seriously. She has been asked to testify before Congress! And the damage has already been done. Clarence Thomas WAS investigated by the FBI because he was accused of a federal crime. They found insufficient evidence to support the claim. People still, to this day, believe that he was guilty. An investigation is unlikely to change anyone's mind at this point.

Look, I am not saying that nothing happened. What I am saying is this:

It cannot be verified. There is no reasonable way to know what happened.
                          Her memory is specious on all the events and she was drunk. How can we trust her memory that it was Kavanaugh when all other details are gone?
                          Kavanaugh isn't the same person that he was at 17 (and neither is Dr. Ford). There is nothing here that disqualifies him as being a Supreme Court justice.

Consider this equally compelling story that fits in line with the facts:
                          Chrissy (her name in high school) gets drunk at a party, she goes upstairs and is assaulted. She doesn't remember all the details, but knows that something awful happened. The next school day she gets asked "How was Kavanaugh? We saw him head up the stairs after you." Thus the rumor starts and she imprints in her mind that it was Kavanaugh.

It is just as likely, given what Dr. Ford says she remembers.

Oh and that reminds me...

Dr. Ford told me that it was all a hoax and that she was a total fraud. I don't remember when she told me or where I was. Also, I was drunk at the time to the point that I didn't remember getting home. I have no other evidence to support my claim, but I am sure that it was her that told me she was a fraud. I am a credible person, so I should be believed and she should be investigated, right Tassman?

Comment

Oh really Mr Psychiatrist, you're an authority on such matters are you? Are you familiar with the cluster of symptoms and reactions common to victims of rape or attempted rape? There is a significant disorder known as 'rape trauma syndrome',which Professor Ford appears to be exhibiting. She was sufficiently disturbed to seek professional therapy and discuss the issue with several of her friends. All of which predates Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court.
                            The fact she sought help for it prior to Kavanaugh becoming a public figure is one of the most significant facts which lends credence to her claim.

Kavanaugh's DKE membership and judge's writings about their school life and parties also make it likely Kavanaugh has a period in his life, specifically the period in question, where he would have been capable of doing what she describes.

Sadly that is what it boils down to at this point. Those elements of the story point couple with testimony from so many upholding Kavanaugh's current character paint a not a typical story of a crazy party animal high school and college period followed by a significant change in his life's direction as could be expected in a person choosing Christ and repenting and following a new path.

Such a person is no longer what they were. People can and do come out of that sort of life to become good people.

The problem is if he's lying abut his past or the event.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              The fact she sought help for it prior to Kavanaugh becoming a public figure is one of the most significant facts which lends credence to her claim.

Kavanaugh's DKE membership and judge's writings about their school life and parties also make it likely Kavanaugh has a period in his life, specifically the period in question, where he would have been capable of doing what she describes.

Sadly that is what it boils down to at this point. Those elements of the story point couple with testimony from so many upholding Kavanaugh's current character paint a not a typical story of a crazy party animal high school and college period followed by a significant change in his life's direction as could be expected in a person choosing Christ and repenting and following a new path.

Such a person is no longer what they were. People can and do come out of that sort of life to become good people.

The problem is if he's lying abut his past or the event.

Jim
                              It's also possible that something did happen, but she's not as innocent as she paints herself to be. In any investigation of such an event, there will be two different perspectives from the two different persons involved. She quite obviously has an axe to grind with Trump, and so does her lawyer.

But we're in agreement that IF something of this sort happened in High School many years ago (and thus far there is no suggestion of "pattern") then this is may be youthful indiscretion on both their parts. If it was a "wild party", why was she there? (And, no, liberals (not you, Jim) DON'T go down that road that "CP said she ASKED for it" - nothing of the sort)

In one of her testimonies she was wearing a bathing suit "under her clothes". Was it a pool party? Was it an overall drunken orgy? We don't even know when or where it was.

Comment

I don't believe any woman forgets an episode of sexual assault....
                                Except, of course, all the pertinent details.

Comment