Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Kavanaugh doesn't make it, I hope Trump puts up Amy Barrett, that would serve the leftists right...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      If Kavanaugh doesn't make it, I hope Trump puts up Amy Barrett, that would serve the leftists right...
      Are you thinking he's not?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I find it very hard to believe anyone in their right mind is going to come forward with something like this and name names that can be asked and queried over the issue if they don't believe it was a real event. And if she believes it was a real event and all the people she expected to be able to help confirm her story are denying it, then coupled with the death threats and other hostilities, she's in a very difficult place right now - regardless of what the truth is.
        Given the lack of corroborating evidence, the fuzzy memories of the supposed "victims" who conveniently seem to have forgotten every critical detail but miraculously have crystal clear recall of Kavanaugh's name and face, and that every named witness has denied the allegations, I think there are only two reasonable possibilities:

1) The accusers are lying.
        2) The accusers are not in their right minds.

Either way, it's almost certain that Kavanaugh is innocent.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Jim, I'm not as concerned about HER delay as I am in the Democrats bringing this to the fore AFTER the legitimate hearings had already happened, and it looked like he was on the road to confirmation.
          Yep - there is ALSO a lot of politics mixed in here. No doubt about it. Ford doesn't want a man like Kavanaugh on the SC. But assuming this is a real event in her memory it may well be a significant part of the reason she believes he is not qualified, and only something like his nomination would be something she would feel could justify facing the personal attacks she would have to endure bringing it forward. And of course, I did make it personal by saying to mountain man his cynical, hostile attitude to that element of the story is right there in your face evidence of why her delay bringing the story forward is credible, and in general why many women don't come forward at all in cases like this.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            If Kavanaugh doesn't make it, I hope Trump puts up Amy Barrett, that would serve the leftists right...
            You really think the Democrats won't use every dirty trick in the book to smear a conservative nominee, regardless of their gender?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              You really think the Democrats won't use every dirty trick in the book to smear a conservative nominee, regardless of their gender?
              Of course they will. The only thing wrong with your statement here is the implication this is somehow only in the wheelhouse of the Democratic party. The simple reality is that the dirty tricks playbook is well worn on both sides of the isle. It's called "Politics 101".

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                It is standard procedure for the FBI to do background checks on potential candidates for the judiciary. Kavanaugh has already had six prior to his various appointments over the years. All that's required it a further background check in the light of the additional information being provided by professor Ford. Given the seriousness of the allegations and the importance of and the life-time tenure of the SCOTUS justices is is a reasonable ask. Kavanaugh himself should welcome it in order to clear his name.

Oh say not so...you mean like Merrick Garland?

An FBI background check is just a look through records databases and maybe interviewing friends and family members if something shows up. They are checking for criminal records or associations with hostile groups or anything that could compromise his loyalty. They don't actually investigate crimes at a state level and can't legally do so unless it involves a federal crime. This was not even a crime, it was some drunk kids at a party which was apparently not broken up by the police and went totally unnoticed for 35 years. There is nothing to investigate. No records, no clues. The people who were there have submitted their statements and there is no way to check them out.

I had a background check by the FBI when I went to get my global entry/TSA Precheck card. They didn't call anyone about me. They just did an online background check and found nothing so they gave the goahead for me to get the card from Customs.

You keep trying to assert how it should work doesn't make it so. Repeating it doesn't make it true. You don't know what you are talking about and are just repeating liberal talking points.
                Last edited by Sparko; 09-24-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  An FBI background check is just a loot through records databases...
                  How DARE you disparage hard-working FBI personnel like that!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    An FBI background check is just a loot through records databases and maybe interviewing friends and family members if something shows up. They are checking for criminal records or associations with hostile groups or anything that could compromise his loyalty. They don't actually investigate crimes at a state level and can't legally do so unless it involves a federal crime. This was not even a crime, it was some drunk kids at a party which was apparently not broken up by the police and went totally unnoticed for 35 years. There is nothing to investigate. No records, no clues. The people who were there have submitted their statements and there is no way to check them out.
                    Considering she can't remember what date, what house, or anything, and those she says were there say there was no such instance at any party they attended that summer, It's nothing more than slander at this point.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      This is buried a dozen paragraphs below the headline:

One of the male classmates who Ramirez said egged on Kavanaugh denied any memory of the party. “I don’t think Brett would flash himself to Debbie, or anyone, for that matter,” he said. Asked why he thought Ramirez was making the allegation, he responded, “I have no idea.” The other male classmate who Ramirez said was involved in the incident commented, “I have zero recollection.”

In a statement, two of those male classmates who Ramirez alleged were involved in the incident, the wife of a third male student she said was involved, and three other classmates, Dino Ewing, Louisa Garry, and Dan Murphy, disputed Ramirez’s account of events: “We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale. He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place. Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale. We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not. The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett. In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett’s Supreme Court nomination was pending. Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.”

The former friend who was married to the male classmate alleged to be involved, and who signed the statement, said of Ramirez, “This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.” She said she hadn’t spoken with Ramirez for about ten years, but that the two women had been close all through college, and Kavanaugh had remained part of what she called their “larger social circle.” In an initial conversation with The New Yorker, she suggested that Ramirez may have been politically motivated. Later, she said that she did not know if this was the case.

So the pattern continues: a woman has vivid memories of being sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh, yet the people named as witnesses have no memory of it.
                      This is the pile on anything we can to delay the hearing part of the process. Hurl everything at the wall and hope something sticks long enough to delay the confirmation until they have enough votes to defeat him. It is such a transparent con game.

Comment

Not at all. We "self-righteous liberals" have become quite accustomed to hypocritical Evangelicals supporting and defending sexual aggression against women by self-entitled, sexist men.
                        **cough** Harvey Weinstein / John Conyers / Al Franken / **cough**

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          So lets get this straight, all you conservative Kavanaugh backers actually believe that this woman is making up this entire story and putting herself and her family through this misery for personal political reasons? Just goes to show why you are so easily manipulated. It's no wonder Trump can continuously lie to you without fear of losing your support. Trump knows you well!
                          Nope. I think something probably happened to her in school that she can't remember but is now using against Kavanaugh because it is a convenient way to delay the hearings and she figured she would be a hero to the liberals (which she is) and doesn't care what the conservatives say about her because they are all misogynist bigoted Nazis, right?

Misery ha! She is the hero of the liberals right now basking in glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            How DARE you disparage hard-working FBI personnel like that!
                            dang pirate slang got the better of me! i fixed it!

Comment

Not at all. We "self-righteous liberals" have become quite accustomed to hypocritical Evangelicals supporting and defending sexual aggression against women by self-entitled, sexist men.
                              Feinstein, other Dems largely silent on abuse claims against Keith Ellison

keith.jpg

Comment

• Oh lookie, more piling on:

-----
                                Michael Avenatti said he has 'significant evidence' that Brett Kavanaugh participated in sexual misconduct in high school

The attorney Michael Avenatti added to the sexual-misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh on Sunday, claiming he has "significant evidence" that the Supreme Court nominee participated in sexual misconduct in high school.

In an email to Mike Davis, the chief counsel for nominations for the Senate Judiciary Committee, Avenatti said he had evidence that at house parties in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh, his friend Mark Judge, and others would target women using alcohol and drugs "in order to allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them."

Avenatti did not identify any witnesses or disclose more details about the allegations. He tweeted a screenshot of the email on Sunday evening after announcing he was representing "a woman with credible information" about Kavanaugh and Judge.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...vanaugh-2018-9

Comment