Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It says "when they both were in high school"

They act like nobody ever messed up in high school or did stupid things back then. Unless this was something major like sexual assault or rape, which means there would be a record of it, I can't see anyone being held account for something they did in high school some 40 or 50 years later.
    If you have to dig back that far to find alleged dirt, you've lost.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And always will, but imagine your grandchildren running across some of your antics posted for everyone to see.

"Grandpa! I did NOT need to see that!"
    I was a devout little fundamentalist growing up, and extremely shy. I'm pretty sure any antics which would elicit that response were done when only God was watching.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    God was still watching.
    Wait? I thought nothing counted until you were 30?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I was a devout little fundamentalist growing up, and extremely shy. I'm pretty sure any antics which would elicit that response were done when only God was watching.
    Unfortunately if I had grown up in the era of cell phone cameras and the like I likely would have been a reluctant YouTube star with entire sites dedicated to "what will rogue do next?"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When I was in high school government class, we ran for president within our class. We got into groups and set up five campaigns. Traditionally, for that project, people would just put up posters around the school touting themselves. But my friend went one step further for his campaign. This was in 2005, when Photoshop was around but not as common. They went and took pictures of all their opponents at prom, and went to work with their own smear posters.

I was photoshopped into a KKK Grand Wizard costume. One of my friends got photoshopped into a picture of a man being arrested for DUI. Another classmate got photoshopped into an image of somebody photoshopping images. And the running mate of the guy actually behind all these got cropped into taking a bullet for the Pope.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

6. Amen Zymologist amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    When I was in high school government class, we ran for president within our class. We got into groups and set up five campaigns. Traditionally, for that project, people would just put up posters around the school touting themselves. But my friend went one step further for his campaign. This was in 2005, when Photoshop was around but not as common. They went and took pictures of all their opponents at prom, and went to work with their own smear posters.

I was photoshopped into a KKK Grand Wizard costume. One of my friends got photoshopped into a picture of a man being arrested for DUI. Another classmate got photoshopped into an image of somebody photoshopping images. And the running mate of the guy actually behind all these got cropped into taking a bullet for the Pope.
    I wasn't allowed to go to my high school reunions because the terms of my probation prohibited me from associating with known criminals. I wasn't even allowed to hang with my brudder, Rogue.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    At this point I guess we should all just take it as read that all Republican politicians and political operatives have either had affairs or raped somebody or are pedophiles. They really do seem to be the party of crime and sexual misconduct.
    And you say this based on... what? The "proof" of this appears to be an unseen letter that is speculated to give an account of sexual misconduct when he was in high school (I do not believe Feinstein has actually made a statement on what it contains, making any online accounts of what it contains just speculation). And when that letter was forwarded to the FBI, the FBI said it wasn't worth investigating, whatever it was.

It's sort of staggering the lack of proof for the claim he committed some kind of sexual misconduct (and even if he had, it would've been in high school so unless it was something super major, at this point it's largely irrelevant), yet you seem to be buying into it right away. I find that rather odd.

The mistake the Dems make is thinking that Republican law-makers will care that Kavanaugh might be guilty of the sort of sex-crimes and misconduct they themselves are guilty of. They didn't care when it came to Clarence Thomas and they won't care for Kavanaugh.
    Whether or not the accusation against Clarence Thomas had merit is something debated to this day, but at least in that case there was an actual person making a public accusation. In this case, it's not clear if there even is an accusation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    And you say this based on... what? The "proof" of this appears to be an unseen letter that is speculated to give an account of sexual misconduct when he was in high school (I do not believe Feinstein has actually made a statement on what it contains, making any online accounts of what it contains just speculation). And when that letter was forwarded to the FBI, the FBI said it wasn't worth investigating, whatever it was...
    Apparently, that's the best they could do?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And you say this based on... what? The "proof" of this appears to be an unseen letter that is speculated to give an account of sexual misconduct when he was in high school (I do not believe Feinstein has actually made a statement on what it contains, making any online accounts of what it contains just speculation). And when that letter was forwarded to the FBI, the FBI said it wasn't worth investigating, whatever it was.
    So, about as well-verified as the Steele dossier.
    It's sort of staggering the lack of proof for the claim he committed some kind of sexual misconduct (and even if he had, it would've been in high school so unless it was something super major, at this point it's largely irrelevant), yet you seem to be buying into it right away. I find that rather odd.
    I don't find it odd at all. Desperate is as desperate does.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...And when that letter was forwarded to the FBI, the FBI said it wasn't worth investigating, whatever it was....
    cite please?