Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McRaven resigned from Pentagon board days after criticizing Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Would that you could bring yourself to put that fine a microscope on what Trump should be doing ...

Jim
    For one, Trump should Tweet far less.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      No, because he is an honorable, honest highly respected veteran with the integrity that tRump totally lacks.
      And he knows how to capitalize proper nouns!

Seriously, if he was that unhappy with Trump, the honorable thing is to resign. Check!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        For one, Trump should Tweet far less.

Everyone should tweet far less.

But yeah, Trump is an egregious example.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Everyone should tweet far less.

But yeah, Trump is an egregious example.
          My goal is to go to my grave (in due time) never having Tweeted at all.

Comment

As I understand it, his resignation is mostly protest against Trump's treatment of Clapper. He didn't do anything wrong.

Based on the facts surrounding the so called 'release of classified info', the accusation against Clapper is as 'Trumped up' as what appears to be happening the Kavanaugh.

IIRC Clapper made a vague statement and another person familiar with goings on made a lucky guess as to what it might mean and was stupid enough to declare his guess in a news interview.

JIm
            And again, why does a former director get to keep his TS?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Talk about using a shotgun approach to avoid addressing the topic of the thread. Stop throwing 'Red Herring' manure bombs and address the topic of the thread.
              It was addressed quite well, nobody has a sacred right to have a TS. Let alone a former director that currently isn’t working a job that requires one. What makes him so special?

I have seen many accusations that John Brennan released National Security State secrets, but no documentation. McRaven does not think this is the case.

Can you please be specific what National Security State secrets John Brennan released to the press?

Again and again, please be specific.
              I’m not the president, so how do I know? Now I ask again, why does a former director need a TS?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The issue is not me.

No, because he is an honorable, honest highly respected veteran with the integrity that tRump totally lacks.

Fixed. Please do not misrepresent my posts. It is unethical. What I stated concerning McRavan reflects his reputation in the Military and the intelligence community.

Still waiting . . .

Is there any error here in this? Can you cite anyone in the professional intelligence community and the military that disagrees.
                Plenty of honorable, highly respected veterans disagree. Your point? Now again, why does a former director need a TS?
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Plenty of honorable, highly respected veterans disagree. Your point? Now again, why does a former director need a TS?
                  Who? References.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

It was addressed quite well, nobody has a sacred right to have a TS. Let alone a former director that currently isn’t working a job that requires one. What makes him so special?
                    Nothing special either way. Many ex officials still have security clearances, and only those that disagree with tRump have had them removed.

I’m not the president, so how do I know? Now I ask again, why does a former director need a TS?
                    The issue is not who is president. The issue is whether any National Security secrets were leaked by those who were accused, and had their Security Clearance removed.

This has a long history that former high ranking officials maintain a TS for reasons of consulting with the existing government officials when needed especially in crisis situations and many still do, but tRump has selectively removed TS from officials that disagree with him.

It still remains that there are no documented National Security leaks from those that have had their TS revoked, despite the mud slinging accusations.

To add no National Security secrets were revealed in Woodward's book, nor the OP ED.

Still waiting . . .
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-15-2018, 10:14 AM.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Fixed. Please do not misrepresent my posts. It is unethical. What I stated concerning McRavan reflects his reputation in the Military and the intelligence community.

Still waiting . . .

Oh please, give the drama queenery a break. As long as the reply links back to the post so people can go and check what the original actually said there is nothing "unethical" about taking a little jab at someone. Especially if it's clearly signaled that an alteration has taken please ("Fixed that for you").

Comment

Who? References.
                        Do you read consertive sources too or only liberal rags? There’s no sacred right to have a clearance after your job is done. Normal Americans only get and keep clearances as needed, what makes them so special to hold onto theirs?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nothing special either way. Many ex officials still have security clearances, and only those that disagree with tRump have had them removed.
                          And again, what sacred right says former director get to keep their clearance after they leave government service?

The issue is not who is president. The issue is whether any National Security secrets were leaked by those who were accused, and had their Security Clearance removed.
                          And again, I don’t get to keep mine after I leave government service, why are they so special they get to keep theirs?

This has a long history that former high ranking officials maintain a TS for reasons of consulting with the existing government officials when needed especially in crisis situations and many still do, but tRump has selectively removed TS from officials that disagree with him.
                          AKA it’s a curtsey extended by the federal government that can be revoked anytime. There’s no sacred right to have one after government service.

It still remains that there are no documented National Security leaks from those that have had their TS revoked, despite the mud slinging accusations.

To add no National Security secrets were revealed in Woodward's book, nor the OP ED.

Still waiting . . .
                          Still waiting for why it is a sacred right to keep ones clearance after government service.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Would that you could bring yourself to put that fine a microscope on what Trump should be doing ...

Jim
                            He should be pretending he doesn't have a Twitter account, grow a thicker skin and be acting far more presidential. I agree with the revocation of Brennan's TS clearance; the man should never have had one in the first place.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              He should be pretending he doesn't have a Twitter account, grow a thicker skin and be acting far more presidential. I agree with the revocation of Brennan's TS clearance; the man should never have had one in the first place.
                              Honestly, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And again, why does a former director get to keep his TS?
                                Because people with that much experience with a top level clearance are rare, the we, the United States of America, can and do benefit greatly by having access to that experience. It's that simple. Cutting them off over partisan politics and even less valid - personal revenge and an over-inflated ego - is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment