Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McRaven resigned from Pentagon board days after criticizing Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Honestly, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Your opinion is duly noted, and increasingly disregarded.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Your opinion is duly noted, and increasingly disregarded.
      Do you know what the requirements of a top level clearance are OBP? Do you have any way of realistically determining that Clapper didn't meet them (he did or he would have never held the position he had). And have you ever been in a position to determine if a person legitimately deserved (based on real criteria well defined) to have their clearance revoked.

Without that knowledge, you don't know what you are talking about.

And even if you do - you are not using that to evaluate Clapper. You're just spouting off because you don't like what he said about Trump. And for the most part, those sorts of political opinions have very, very little to do with granting or revoking a clearance (Well, at least prior to Trump they had very little to do with granting or revoking a clearance).

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-15-2018, 12:50 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Do you read consertive sources too or only liberal rags? There’s no sacred right to have a clearance after your job is done. Normal Americans only get and keep clearances as needed, what makes them so special to hold onto theirs?
        Again failed to respond. I am still waiting for actual evidence as to the involvement of the leaking of National Security secrets that those who have had there security clearance revoked as the reason to declare them a 'security risk.'

Like others who are retired from service there advice is consider a valuable asset. The question has not been responded; Why the only ones that have there Security status revoked are those that have disagreed with tRump?
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Do you know what the requirements of a top level clearance are OBP? Do you have any way of realistically determining that Clapper didn't meet them (he did or he would have never held the position he had). And have you ever been in a position to determine if a person legitimately deserved (based on real criteria well defined) to have their clearance revoked.

Without that knowledge, you don't know what you are talking about.

And even if you do - you are not using that to evaluate Clapper. You're just spouting off because you don't like what he said about Trump. And for the most part, those sorts of political opinions have very, very little to do with granting or revoking a clearance (Well, at least prior to Trump they had very little to do with granting or revoking a clearance).

Jim
          Who's talking about Clapper? The article was about Brennan, whom I didn't like when Obama picked, and still don't like.

Go on, keep telling me what I think.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Because people with that much experience with a top level clearance are rare, the we, the United States of America, can and do benefit greatly by having access to that experience. It's that simple. Cutting them off over partisan politics and even less valid - personal revenge and an over-inflated ego - is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Jim
            Plenty of people, at all levels, have things to offer after their service, so why can’t they keep them too? Yet again there’s no sacred right for anyone to have a clearance.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Again failed to respond. I am still waiting for actual evidence as to the involvement of the leaking of National Security secrets that those who have had there security clearance revoked as the reason to declare them a 'security risk.'
              Awww yes consulting, a great way to earn cash without doing much of anything. I love the excuses you guys come up with for why our betters get to keep clearances that the rest of us don’t get to hold onto. Yet again, what law was broken? What sacred right does anyone have to have a clearance?

Like others who are retired from service there advice is consider a valuable asset. The question has not been responded; Why the only ones that have there Security status revoked are those that have disagreed with tRump?
              And again, what sacred right do they have to keep theirs?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Plenty of people, at all levels, have things to offer after their service, so why can’t they keep them too? Yet again there’s no sacred right for anyone to have a clearance.
                I'm coming to believe you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And I’m coming to believe you can’t really give a good reason why our betters have a sacred right to have a clearance.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You sound like my momma.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I’m coming to believe you can’t really give a good reason why our betters have a sacred right to have a clearance.
                      If the reason I gave wasn't a good enough one then there is something seriously wrong with you pix. Do you suppose that people with the sorts of experience and expertise in these areas as the folks that we are talking about are easy to find or create? We need that expertise. We need their insights and lessons learned.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        You sound like my momma.
                        you should listen to her then

Comment

Who's talking about Clapper? The article was about Brennan, whom I didn't like when Obama picked, and still don't like.

Brennan and Clapper both have been disparaged here, both have been critical of Trump: just a 'slip of the tongue' so to speak. I'm sure there will be no excuses allowed, but that is simply the reality of where that came from.

Jim

Comment

Likes and dislikes are not the issue. Of course, you will dislike Brennan. The issue is: Where is the evidence of those whose National Security clearance have been revoked revealed or leaked National Security secrets that they are accused of?

It is apparently tRump's likes and dislikes that determine who has security clearance. For example: Michael Flynn still has his security clearance. Why?!?!?!
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-16-2018, 03:11 PM.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Brennan and Clapper both have been disparaged here, both have been critical of Trump: just a 'slip of the tongue' so to speak. I'm sure there will be no excuses allowed, but that is simply the reality of where that came from.

Jim
                              Accepted.

sigpic

Comment