Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Orders Declassification of Some FBI Russia Probe Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Anyone can lie under oath, OBP, but not anyone would put themselves in that situation unnecessarily. Why do you think Trump won't speak under oath to Mueller?
    Why do you think that Ford wouldn't be doing this "unnecessarily"? Kavanaugh's nomination was looking unstoppable, Ford is an ardent progressive, and an accusation had the potential to derail it. Sure, a lie in this case is a gamble, but if it works she's a progressive heroine.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Why do you think that Ford wouldn't be doing this "unnecessarily"? Kavanaugh's nomination was looking unstoppable, Ford is an ardent progressive, and an accusation had the potential to derail it. Sure, a lie in this case is a gamble, but if it works she's a progressive heroine.
      Even if it doesn't.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I see you already have it all figured out, Sparko, that no investigation into her allegations are necessary.
        Oh I am fine with investigating her ALLEGATIONS to find out if she is lying. But the FBI says there is nothing criminal to investigate and not enough details to even check it out.

Are you really going to tell us, that you are so naive or politically biased that you believe that this professional woman just made this whole story up, that she is going to put herself and her family through all this, that she is blatently, willingly, going to lie under oath, just for political reasons? The naivete of the current makeup of the republican constituency is truly amazing to see.
        I believe exactly that. Except she didn't expect all the pushback. She probably thought it would be a slam dunk and nobody would insist she testify. Basically her plan was to delay the hearing as long as possible. When called on to testify, delay some more, then most likely disappear claiming the publicity is too much.

Funny how this seems to happen EVERY time a republican is nominated for something, huh?

Comment

The Democrats have already had their hearing and reached their verdict

Source: DEMOCRATS: WE ALREADY KNOW KNOW KAVANAUGH IS GUILTY

Tough he's yet to be afforded an opportunity to present a defense before the American people, many Democrats have already tried and convicted Judge Brett Kavanaugh on charges of sexual assault.

Christine Blasey Ford is accusing Brett Kavanaugh of forcing himself on her at 1982 party somewhere in Montgomery County, Md. Kavanaugh has released statements denying the allegation. Neither party has yet to provide full testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

No matter.

Kavanaugh, many Democrats say, is clearly guilty.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said Thursday: "I believe her because she is telling the truth and you know it by her story."

"Judge Kavanaugh has not asked to have the FBI review the claims," Gillibrand added. "Is that the reaction of an innocent person? It is not."

When Sen. Duckworth (D-Ill.) was asked about Kavanaugh denying the accusation, the senator responded, "Well, I have heard, you know, many, many predators say and refute allegations against them."

Former spokesman for Bernie Sanders and CNN contributor, Symone Sanders, said she didn't even need to wait for more information: "For me there is no debate. I believe Professor Ford. Judge Kavanaugh has lied multiple times under oath."

And here are other select quotes from Democratic lawmakers:

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said: "I believe Dr. Ford as I refer to her because she makes a very credible case. It is really difficult for someone to come forward in this way. Why should she destroy her life? Already there are efforts to cast aspersions on her credibility, to look into her family, all of that. This is really very much like what happened with Anita Hill where she was vilified, she was called names. This cannot happen to Dr. Ford.”

Sen. Blumenthal (D-Conn.): "Let me just say right at the outset I believe. Dr Ford, I believe the survivor here, there’s every reason to believe her. She has come forward courageously and bravely knowing that she would face a nightmare of hostile and vicious scrutiny and challenge. And there are plenty of reasons to disbelieve Judge Kavanaugh after his evasive and seemingly misleading testimony before the Judiciary Committee."

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.); “I hope that she does [testify], because I’m afraid that what the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee really want is they want her to go away. They don’t want the country to hear from her, and they certainly don’t want the country to hear from her live and on television. She’s absolutely right, the FBI should do a thorough vetting of these allegations. The Senate shouldn’t simply rely on hearing two conflicting accounts and decide, ‘Well, we’re OK with not knowing. We’re OK with the fact we might be putting a — someone who committed attempted rape on the Supreme Court of the United States.’ They should get to the bottom of this. And it wouldn’t take that long to do. This is the same crowd that waited a year to fill the last vacancy during the Obama administration on the Supreme Court, so why this rush? And I think they realize they have a very imperfect candidate, in fact they may have a candidate who has committed attempted rape.”

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.): “Listen, it comes down to credibility to your point. It’s going to be about listening to what each party has to say, but I believe her. Listen, first of all, anybody who comes forward at this point to — to be prepared to testify in the United States Senate against someone who’s being nominated to one of the most powerful positions in the United States government, that takes an extraordinary amount of courage. And frankly, you know, I have personally prosecuted sexual assault cases, and my concern is— and she knows this — she is putting herself out there knowing that they’re going to try and excoriate her. She’s doing it, I believe, because she knows that this is an important matter. It’s a serious matter, who serves on that court. And she has the courage to come forward? She has nothing to gain. What does she have to gain?”

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.): “Well I can tell you it really does have a ring of truth to it. The fact that she can refer to therapist notes so that she did bring it up before. I am skeptical of polygraphs, but those who believe them, she has passed a polygraph test."

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.): "I believe Professor Ford. I think she’s credible and I think when the investigation is finished and when she testifies and Judge Kavanaugh testifies, I think a majority of senators will find her credible."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The Democrats have already had their hearing and reached their verdict

Source: DEMOCRATS: WE ALREADY KNOW KNOW KAVANAUGH IS GUILTY

Tough he's yet to be afforded an opportunity to present a defense before the American people, many Democrats have already tried and convicted Judge Brett Kavanaugh on charges of sexual assault.

Christine Blasey Ford is accusing Brett Kavanaugh of forcing himself on her at 1982 party somewhere in Montgomery County, Md. Kavanaugh has released statements denying the allegation. Neither party has yet to provide full testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

No matter.

Kavanaugh, many Democrats say, is clearly guilty.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said Thursday: "I believe her because she is telling the truth and you know it by her story."

"Judge Kavanaugh has not asked to have the FBI review the claims," Gillibrand added. "Is that the reaction of an innocent person? It is not."

When Sen. Duckworth (D-Ill.) was asked about Kavanaugh denying the accusation, the senator responded, "Well, I have heard, you know, many, many predators say and refute allegations against them."

Former spokesman for Bernie Sanders and CNN contributor, Symone Sanders, said she didn't even need to wait for more information: "For me there is no debate. I believe Professor Ford. Judge Kavanaugh has lied multiple times under oath."

And here are other select quotes from Democratic lawmakers:

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said: "I believe Dr. Ford as I refer to her because she makes a very credible case. It is really difficult for someone to come forward in this way. Why should she destroy her life? Already there are efforts to cast aspersions on her credibility, to look into her family, all of that. This is really very much like what happened with Anita Hill where she was vilified, she was called names. This cannot happen to Dr. Ford.”

Sen. Blumenthal (D-Conn.): "Let me just say right at the outset I believe. Dr Ford, I believe the survivor here, there’s every reason to believe her. She has come forward courageously and bravely knowing that she would face a nightmare of hostile and vicious scrutiny and challenge. And there are plenty of reasons to disbelieve Judge Kavanaugh after his evasive and seemingly misleading testimony before the Judiciary Committee."

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.); “I hope that she does [testify], because I’m afraid that what the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee really want is they want her to go away. They don’t want the country to hear from her, and they certainly don’t want the country to hear from her live and on television. She’s absolutely right, the FBI should do a thorough vetting of these allegations. The Senate shouldn’t simply rely on hearing two conflicting accounts and decide, ‘Well, we’re OK with not knowing. We’re OK with the fact we might be putting a — someone who committed attempted rape on the Supreme Court of the United States.’ They should get to the bottom of this. And it wouldn’t take that long to do. This is the same crowd that waited a year to fill the last vacancy during the Obama administration on the Supreme Court, so why this rush? And I think they realize they have a very imperfect candidate, in fact they may have a candidate who has committed attempted rape.”

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.): “Listen, it comes down to credibility to your point. It’s going to be about listening to what each party has to say, but I believe her. Listen, first of all, anybody who comes forward at this point to — to be prepared to testify in the United States Senate against someone who’s being nominated to one of the most powerful positions in the United States government, that takes an extraordinary amount of courage. And frankly, you know, I have personally prosecuted sexual assault cases, and my concern is— and she knows this — she is putting herself out there knowing that they’re going to try and excoriate her. She’s doing it, I believe, because she knows that this is an important matter. It’s a serious matter, who serves on that court. And she has the courage to come forward? She has nothing to gain. What does she have to gain?”

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.): “Well I can tell you it really does have a ring of truth to it. The fact that she can refer to therapist notes so that she did bring it up before. I am skeptical of polygraphs, but those who believe them, she has passed a polygraph test."

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.): "I believe Professor Ford. I think she’s credible and I think when the investigation is finished and when she testifies and Judge Kavanaugh testifies, I think a majority of senators will find her credible."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

believe it or not.jpg
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I wonder if this is true?

Trump walks back plan to declassify top secret Russia probe documents and texts from Comey and other FBI officials as he admits key foreign allies don't want them released – and tosses controversy to inspector general

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-object.html
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Trump walks back plan to declassify top secret Russia probe documents and texts from Comey and other FBI officials as he admits key foreign allies don't want them released – and tosses controversy to inspector general

IT is best to take tRump and the politics out of it and let the professionals do their job.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  IT is best to take tRump and the politics out of it and let the professionals do their job.
                  If the "politics" had been taken out of this from the git go, we wouldn't even be here.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It's quite possible. Trump sometimes floats an idea just to see what the reaction is.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      If the "politics" had been taken out of this from the git go, we wouldn't even be here.
                      Right, it's the deep state CP, they've been out to git you republicans for decades now. General Flynn isn't actually guilty, even though he pled guilty, Manafort, Gates, Papodopolous, and the Dutch banker married to the daughter of a Russian Oligarch are all innocent, even though they all either pled or were found guilty. Neither is Trump guilty, even though he admitted to his guilt to the Russians in the oval office about why he fired Comey. And if you ask Trump, even Russian intelligence is innocent of attacking our electoral process ("I don't see why it would be the Russians"). Maria Butina, in jail, and Roger Stone are next in line. And then of course we have "If it's what you say it is I love it" D. Trump jr and Jarod Kushner, along with Manafort, meeting with Russian operatives in Trump Tower for quid pro quo deal regarding dirt on Hillary.
                      You could argue that Trump is just extremely stupid, the Sgt Schultz of Presidents, and has no idea what is going on, except for the fact that he's already implicated himself by opening his big mouth concerning Comey's firing to the Russians in the oval office, by going on the news and telling us he intended to fire Comey anyway, regardless of the phoney recommendation by Rosenstein, as well as his dictating the lie concerning the reason for the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians. Take off the tin foil hat there CP, you et. al. have been taken and haven't the character to admit to it. Apparently winning is more important to you people than either democracy or your country.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        It's quite possible. Trump sometimes floats an idea just to see what the reaction is.
                        And I think it's also possible he floats an idea just because he knows it drives the liberals absolutely stark raving mad.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I think it's also possible he floats an idea just because he knows it drives the liberals absolutely stark raving mad.
                          That's because he has you trained to make excuses for whatever idiotic or criminal thing he does. He's counting on you when Mueller reports his findings, bigly!

Comment

There is that. He's got JimL immolating strawmen left and right!

sigpic

Comment

Massive population birth control????
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Massive population birth control????
                                How's your homestead, Frank? Any damage? Friends and relatives OK?

Comment