Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Orders Declassification of Some FBI Russia Probe Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This really has liberals spooked. It means Trump is definitely on the right track.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This really has liberals spooked. It means Trump is definitely on the right track.
      Yeah, they'd MUCH rather have the FBI investigate an alleged high school incident decades ago, for which there seems to be little detail.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        So you must also agree that Trump should have the FBI re-open its investigation into Judge Kavanaugh regarding the accussation of rape, right?
        Reopen what investigation? The FBI said no federal crimes were committed, so there's nothing for them to investigate. You do know what the "F" in "FBI" stands for, don't you? Also, the Department of Justice said that it's not the FBI's job to determine if a bald accusation has merit. There has to be compelling evidence that a crime was actually committed.

Comment

Reopen what investigation? The FBI said no federal crimes were committed, so there's nothing for them to investigate. You do know what the "F" in "FBI" stands for, don't you? Also, the Department of Justice said that it's not the FBI's job to determine if a bald accusation has merit. There has to be compelling evidence that a crime was actually committed.
          Besides which, there needs to be a credible accusation of an offense. I think Dr. Ford is going for "murder" -- "I think he would have killed me!" At least, until she went back to not wanting to say anything.

I think the Dems are hoping that the FBI would look into this, and find enough details for them to try to support their claims, since they don't know when, where, how she got there, how she got home...
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The background check, dummy! They can re-open it on Trumps request due to the accusation. What's wrong, you afraid of little transparency when it comes to a lifetime appt. to the SC? I think you are!

Comment

The background check, dummy! They can re-open it on Trumps request due to the accusation. What's wrong, you afraid of little transparency when it comes to a lifetime appt. to the SC? I think you are!
              This is from the official statement issued by the Depart of Justice:

The FBI does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation. The purpose of a background investigation is to determine whether the nominee could pose a risk to the national security of the United States. On the night of September 12, the FBI received a letter dated from July 2018 alleging that the nominee engaged in an incident of misconduct in the 1980s. Consistent with the memorandum of understanding, the FBI forwarded this letter to the White House Counsel’s Office. The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers.

Comment

This is from the official statement issued by the Depart of Justice:

The FBI does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation. The purpose of a background investigation is to determine whether the nominee could pose a risk to the national security of the United States. On the night of September 12, the FBI received a letter dated from July 2018 alleging that the nominee engaged in an incident of misconduct in the 1980s. Consistent with the memorandum of understanding, the FBI forwarded this letter to the White House Counsel’s Office. The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers.
                Right stupid, "to provide information for use of the decision makers". In 91 the same thing occured and Sen Joe Biden sent the request to the White House to investigate the allegations Of Anita Hill against Justice Thomas that were leaked to the press. Guess what happened? The White House had the FBI investigate and the very republicans who now argue that it's not the FBI's responsibility, back then agreed that it was the absolute right thing to do.
                What happens when you read, MM? Does your mind automatically shut off when your eyes scan that which is contrary to your beliefs?

Comment

Right stupid, "to provide information for use of the decision makers".
                  Yes, and the "decision makers" have rightly decided that Ford's sketchy accusation lacks credibility.

Anyway, shouldn't this discussion be happening in this thread?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...gh-s-Good-Name

Comment

The only thing the FBI could investigate is if Ford is lying and in collusion with the democrats to falsely accuse Kavanaugh to tank his nomination. I bet there is a federal crime there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      The only thing the FBI could investigate is if Ford is lying and in collusion with the democrats to falsely accuse Kavanaugh to tank his nomination. I bet there is a federal crime there.
                      Oh, so trying to find out if Kavanaugh is lying has nothing to do with it, eh? Didn't you say you worked for a law office in some capacity? Dr Ford is highly respected individual and documentation of this attack came out 6 years ago in therapy, she didn't just make it up in order to keep Kavanaugh off the bench. That you don't believe her is just a matter of your political bias which is stronger than your powers of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Oh, so trying to find out if Kavanaugh is lying has nothing to do with it, eh? Didn't you say you worked for a law office in some capacity? Dr Ford is highly respected individual and documentation of this attack came out 6 years ago in therapy, she didn't just make it up in order to keep Kavanaugh off the bench. That you don't believe her is just a matter of your political bias which is stronger than your powers of reason.
                        What came out in therapy was that she never mentioned Kavanaugh. That she doesn't even remember when or where it was. And SHE IS a Psychiatrist, so she knows how to game the system. I think she decided that it would be an easy accusation to make, to take some anonymous memory she had from high school and put Kavanaugh in the middle of it. Her agenda is to keep him from being confirmed. Or at least delay it long enough so that maybe democrats can win some extra seats in the election and then the accusation will magically disappear or no longer be relevant once they can just vote him down.

This delaying is so transparently a ploy that nobody is buying it. Not even you. You are just playing along because you also want Kavanaugh defeated so any tactic is fine with you as long as it accomplishes that.

I predicted several days ago that she would delay testifying as long as she could. If forced to, she will refuse claiming that it is too traumatic for her. Then at least the Democrats can claim that there is still doubt and try to push that. Because if she does testify, all she can say is she doesn't remember any details. And then it will go away.

Comment

What came out in therapy was that she never mentioned Kavanaugh. That she doesn't even remember when or where it was. And SHE IS a Psychiatrist, so she knows how to game the system. I think she decided that it would be an easy accusation to make, to take some anonymous memory she had from high school and put Kavanaugh in the middle of it. Her agenda is to keep him from being confirmed. Or at least delay it long enough so that maybe democrats can win some extra seats in the election and then the accusation will magically disappear or no longer be relevant once they can just vote him down.

This delaying is so transparently a ploy that nobody is buying it. Not even you. You are just playing along because you also want Kavanaugh defeated so any tactic is fine with you as long as it accomplishes that.

I predicted several days ago that she would delay testifying as long as she could. If forced to, she will refuse claiming that it is too traumatic for her. Then at least the Democrats can claim that there is still doubt and try to push that. Because if she does testify, all she can say is she doesn't remember any details. And then it will go away.
                          I see you already have it all figured out, Sparko, that no investigation into her allegations are necessary. Are you really going to tell us, that you are so naive or politically biased that you believe that this professional woman just made this whole story up, that she is going to put herself and her family through all this, that she is blatently, willingly, going to lie under oath, just for political reasons? The naivete of the current makeup of the republican constituency is truly amazing to see.

Comment

What came out in therapy was that she never mentioned Kavanaugh.
                            And that was DECADES after the alleged incident.

That she doesn't even remember when or where it was.
                            That's one of the major problems of "repressed memory syndrome", which has been debunked and is laughed at in court.

The Most Dangerous Idea in Mental Health

The belief that hidden memories can be "recovered" in therapy should have been exorcised years ago, when a rash of false memories dominated the airwaves, tore families apart, and put people on the stand for crimes they didn't commit. But the mental health establishment does not always learn from its mistakes—and families are still paying the price.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              I see you already have it all figured out, Sparko, that no investigation into her allegations are necessary. Are you really going to tell us, that you are so naive or politically biased that you believe that this professional woman just made this whole story up, that she is going to put herself and her family through all this, that she is blatently, willingly, going to lie under oath, just for political reasons? The naivete of the current makeup of the republican constituency is truly amazing to see.
                              The irony of this is that you are quite willing to believe that republicans will lie under oath for political reasons.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                The irony of this is that you are quite willing to believe that republicans will lie under oath for political reasons.
                                Anyone can lie under oath, OBP, but not anyone would put themselves in that situation unnecessarily. Why do you think Trump won't speak under oath to Mueller?

Comment