Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The TRANSLATION process

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctrine Matters View Post
    My take on it is this - Smith never translated anything. Sidney Rigdon modified "Manuscript Found" by Spalding, reworked it to be compatible with Campbellism, had Cowdery give Joe the finished product, and Joe and Oliver wrote the Book of Mormon. Meanwhile, in the process, John the Baptist appeared, ordained these two unbaptized men to the Aaronic priesthood and had them baptize each other and then RE-ordain one another. Somewhere along the line Joe began getting "revelations," became a prophet (false), and organized the Mormon Church.
    Welcome to Tweb, DM... have you been here before?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Welcome to Tweb, DM... have you been here before?
    Yes, actually I posted here for several years. I've worked in the apologetic field since the 70's - which dates me. I directed a ministry dedicated to cult apologetics back in NJ. Since moving West, I've taken a particular interest in Mormonism. My Bible teacher was Walter Bjorck who worked with Dr. Martin - he is the one who interested me in the subject. I'm an evangelical Anglican (left the Episcopalians after they were overrun by John Spong and his friends), attend a United Episcopal Church and Calvary Chapel.

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.