Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jobless claims fall again to reach new 49-year low of 201,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Seriously, Sparko, Mountain Man, Cow Poke and One Bad Pig, you guys believe that the drop from 2010 is explained in terms of Trump? You believe that the spike in joblessness was a result of Obama and not the housing bubble bursting?

I mean you guys are trolling now right?
    No, I don't believe that. How about doing me the favor of not ascribing to me a belief so obviously wrong? You're better than that.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Seriously, Sparko, Mountain Man, Cow Poke and One Bad Pig, you guys believe that the drop from 2010 is explained in terms of Trump? You believe that the spike in joblessness was a result of Obama and not the housing bubble bursting?

I mean you guys are trolling now right?
      no the drop was due to the housing market. Which Obama fixed by letting the banks who caused it off the hook with bailouts while he let the rest of the country flounder in unemployment. The economy slowly recovered no thanks to Obama. But living here, I can tell you we saw a real change after Trump was elected, no matter how your chart looks. There was a definite rise in employment, wages, and the economy when Trump took over. The stock market reflected that. You can't just go by one statistic that is pretty much skewed anyway by the fact that they don't even count people who stop looking for work. So a lot of that decline in unemployment was not people getting jobs but because people just stopped looking or took retirement early.

Comment