Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A New Name Written Down in Glory - and a Baby Not Murdered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Name Written Down in Glory - and a Baby Not Murdered

A friend of mine - a lady in our Church - works for the pregnancy center where a number of us volunteer our time and help out where we can.

On Monday, a lady came into the pregnancy center because somebody told her she could talk to a doctor and get a sonogram there. (We have actual qualified doctors who volunteer their time and a pretty up-to-date sonogram machine that was donated)

Carol, my friend, was there that morning preparing for a talk she would be giving to a group of high school seniors. She was introduced to this young lady (we'll call her Mia) and they began to talk. Mia had come in with her mother, seeking information on an abortion. She had already decided that was her only option.

Carol and Mia sat and talked for about 30 minutes. Before you know it, Mia was praying to receive Christ as her Savior. By that time, the nurse was ready to do the sonogram. As happens in probably 95% of the cases, when Mia saw her sonogram, she decided there was no way she could terminate the pregnancy.

So, a new name is written down in glory, and a newborn baby will be arriving in the spring! The pregnancy center will be there to support them both, including baby furniture, clothes, diapers, formula....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

As I noted in the other thread where this was mentioned
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It was ultrasound technology which caused one of the most strident abortion supporters, Bernard Nathanson co-founder of National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL), to reverse course and become staunchly pro-life and converted to Christianity.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31318[/ATTACH]

Sorry ma'am but that's just an invasive clump of tissue.
    Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I love these types of stories CP!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I love these types of stories CP!

And Carol is REALLY loving her job because, just about the times she starts getting bummed out (long hours, low pay), something like this happens, and she remembers, "in's a ministry, not a job".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

So, Friday, Mia came back to the office and met with Carol. Mia confirmed that she was happy that she had accepted Christ as Savior, and wanted materials to learn more about what that means. Carol, of course, was prepared. Mia also confirmed her decision to keep the baby, and it looks like this will happen early next year, not "the spring". I think Mia was farther along than anybody had thought.

Carol gave a testimony in Church on Sunday Morning, and one of our older couples volunteered to "adopt" Mia and her baby. That simply means that they'll be praying for them, and will be helping to round up clothes and supplies for Mia and the baby.

So, yes, we're NOT just "stop abortion and don't care about children" -- we're in it for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, Friday, Mia came back to the office and met with Carol. Mia confirmed that she was happy that she had accepted Christ as Savior, and wanted materials to learn more about what that means. Carol, of course, was prepared. Mia also confirmed her decision to keep the baby, and it looks like this will happen early next year, not "the spring". I think Mia was farther along than anybody had thought.

Carol gave a testimony in Church on Sunday Morning, and one of our older couples volunteered to "adopt" Mia and her baby. That simply means that they'll be praying for them, and will be helping to round up clothes and supplies for Mia and the baby.

So, yes, we're NOT just "stop abortion and don't care about children" -- we're in it for the long haul.
              Do they get to be honorary grandparents and spoil the new baby and mom?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

As it should be.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Do they get to be honorary grandparents and spoil the new baby and mom?
                  If Mia consents, yes.

Comment