Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Deep State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    That they found any is troubling to me.
    You're bound to find bad actors in large organizations.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Assuming facts not in evidence.
      This is well established history at this point. I'm not listing things for you. Start with Arpaio and the lawsuits that were leveled against him, and the ultimate finding of being in contempt. Or don't. Not going to change history.
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        You're bound to find bad actors in large organizations.
        So you are saying the deep state is real and everywhere?

Comment

So you are saying the deep state is real and everywhere?
          In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, not only are you part of the deep state, you are simultaneously it's mascot and party planner.
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Are you arguing that the three on the videos were in acting in concert with Strzok, Page, et. al.? To do what now? Actively resist Trump by extending people's food stamps and sending emails on their own time? I get it that there were some senior officials who were resisting/sabotaging Trump. I imagine that there were senior officials sabotaging Obama and flaunting the law, too. That was why I cited Arpaio, for example. During George W. Bush's tenure, there were intelligence officials who spoke off the record and leaked information regarding the administration. I imagine if we were to go back through each presidential administration, we'd find malcontents, uh...rogue elements, if you will, who do not support the administration and who actively seek to thwart administration goals.

I am genuinely confused as to why people think Trump is special in this regard, other than to rally people to his defense.
            You seem to be grasping at straws, here. Arpaio is a wholly inapt comparison, and the only evidence you can cite (as opposed to pure speculation) just happens to have been under another Republican administration. Go on, keep making our points for us.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

A good number? Three does not a "deep state" make. And like I said, I'd like another source other than Project Veritas dredging up people who give extensions on food stamps or who send email during their personal times.
              What is from the evidence is disgruntled fearful professionals deal and trying to constrain an incompetent, impulsive, arrogant, dictatorial, dishonest mentally unstable liar as President. They are all conservative Republicans.

'Deep State' conspiracy? A good plot for X-Files.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                You seem to be grasping at straws, here. Arpaio is a wholly inapt comparison, and the only evidence you can cite (as opposed to pure speculation) just happens to have been under another Republican administration. Go on, keep making our points for us.
                Why do you think that Arpaio was an inapt comparison?

Additionally, are you talking specifically about administrations specifically fighting leaks?
                Save me, save me"

Comment

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, not only are you part of the deep state, you are simultaneously it's mascot and party planner.
                  How come I don't know about it? Am I a sleeper agent who had his mind wiped? oh no.

Comment

for the record. I don't think there is any sort of coordinated Deep State conspiracy in the government. This isn't the Xfiles. But I think there are a lot of liberal sabotagers (is that even a word?) who hate Trump and will (MIS)use their positions to fight against him. There are some "groups" involved and some linking up of individuals, but not one big giant secret Deep State Cabal.

Comment

for the record. I don't think there is any sort of coordinated Deep State conspiracy in the government. This isn't the Xfiles. But I think there are a lot of liberal sabotagers (is that even a word?) who hate Trump and will (MIS)use their positions to fight against him. There are some "groups" involved and some linking up of individuals, but not one big giant secret Deep State Cabal.
                      Pretty much.

Guac, Arpaio is inapt because his was open rebellion, which the "deep state" is pretty much by definition hidden.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

... sabotagers (is that even a word?) ...
                        It should be. We don't need silly constructions like "saboteurs" goobering up good ol' Americanese.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          It should be. We don't need silly constructions like "saboteurs" goobering up good ol' Americanese.
                          Yeah! dang Frenchies! Always trying to stick words into our language! With them thar extra vowels and such.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Pretty much.

Guac, Arpaio is inapt because his was open rebellion, which the "deep state" is pretty much by definition hidden.
                            Arpaio was merely a county sheriff as compared to folks like a Deputy Director of the FBI and a Deputy Attorney General (who, IIRC, was in effect, like Sally Yates was, essentially acting Attorney General for awhile) And speaking of Yates, I would not include her in the Deep State as she was openly rebelling (though she could be considered part of the Resist Movement)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

All the evidence from WH leaks and books such as Woodward’s on the Trump WH, indicate that the “saboteurs” are not liberals who “hate Trump”, but Trump’s own staff and personal appointments to the FBI etc trying to protect the country (and ultimately the free world) from an incompetent, impulsive, (“deranged” is the word sometimes used) president.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                All the evidence....
                                In other words, "everything I see, in my own ignorant twisted and biased way....."
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment