Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Deep State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Three examples, please, of conservatives doing similar things (and similar in magnitude) in government.
    So we can pick it apart and split semantic hairs? . Davis and Arpaio are the two that spring immediately to mind. But as a more general question, do you think only liberals in government act like scurrilous rascals?
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      So we can pick it apart and split semantic hairs? . Davis and Arpaio are the two that spring immediately to mind. But as a more general question, do you think only liberals in government act like scurrilous rascals?
      I find it fascinating that you're attempting to label Davis and Arpaio as "deep state" - and that you can split semantic hairs while accusing someone else of doing the same.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I find it fascinating that you're attempting to label Davis and Arpaio as "deep state" - and that you can split semantic hairs while accusing someone else of doing the same.
        Yeah, to be completely honest, I find the term "deep state" (liberal career bureaucrats orchestrating some kind of massive white collar conspiracy against Trump?) to be as well defined as "alt-right." Feel free to clarify for me, if you'd like. Thus, I didn't intend to label Arpaio and Davis as "Deep State," only to point out that there are examples of conservatives in government resisting "liberals."

fwiw,
        guacamole
        Save me, save me"

Comment

I think this is a whole new intensification beyond anything I've seen. This isn't just a few isolated cases - it's "resistance".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            A county clerk, and a tiny county at that (population 23,300), compared to scores of high level federal officials. Yeah, that's an apt comparison. [ATTACH=CONFIG]31334[/ATTACH]
            EGGzackly.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              yeah i haven't watched them yet but wanted to put out the warning just in case. In the case of news we can allow incidental profanity with a warning. I think.
              I"Ve watched them all and the last one is scary because the guy that is fessing up talks about a friend in the DoD with Top Secret clearance who is also apart of the DSA

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                I"Ve watched them all and the last one is scary because the guy that is fessing up talks about a friend in the DoD with Top Secret clearance who is also apart of the DSA
                I wonder how much of the stuff they said was true and how much was just bragging and exaggerating to make themselves seem more effective and important.

Comment

I wonder how much of the stuff they said was true and how much was just bragging and exaggerating to make themselves seem more effective and important.
                  we shall see.

Comment

Yeah, to be completely honest, I find the term "deep state" (liberal career bureaucrats orchestrating some kind of massive white collar conspiracy against Trump?) to be as well defined as "alt-right." Feel free to clarify for me, if you'd like. Thus, I didn't intend to label Arpaio and Davis as "Deep State," only to point out that there are examples of conservatives in government resisting "liberals."

fwiw,
                    guacamole
                    FWIW, my idea of "deep state" was more individual resistance than some nefarious coordinated plot. This is sorta forcing me to rethink that.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where's senator McCarthy when he is REALLY needed?

Also, how stupid do these people have to be to admit this sort of stuff to strangers?
                      Conspiracy theory par excellence. I guess you 'dig up' and resurrect McCarthy, than prop him in the corner of the Senate chambers.

I liked the plot of the 'Deep Throat' better.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

It kinda stops becoming a conspiracy theory when participants start openly boasting about their role in it.

Just sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It kinda stops becoming a conspiracy theory when participants start openly boasting about their role in it.

Just sayin'
                          That's how these conspiracies work, Rogue. The fact that people are bragging about their role is proof that it's a conspiracy!

Comment

I wonder how many people the Project Veritas people had to record before they found the whack jobs.
                            Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              FWIW, my idea of "deep state" was more individual resistance than some nefarious coordinated plot. This is sorta forcing me to rethink that.
                              If there is a coordinated plot, then I will find it disturbing. I suppose I'll wait until I see further evidence of this "deep state" being a coordinated plot. For various famous reasons, I don't count Project Veritas as good representatives of truth.

As for the Rosenstein thing, it sounds very much like a joke, but we'll see if an investigation goes anywhere.

fwiw,
                              guacamole
                              Save me, save me"

Comment

I wonder how many people the Project Veritas people had to record before they found the whack jobs.
                                I wonder how many "whack jobs" they would need to find before you considered this disturbing.

Comment