Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Important research the media isn't reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important research the media isn't reporting

While everyone argues about Trump and Kavanaugh, somebody had the fortitude to investigate something much more important.

Kitchen Cabinet Kings made the following conclusions about the chip-to-air ratio in common brands of chips:

Chip-2-Air-Stats-01.jpg
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

This makes me upset.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Of course the reason for chip bags having so much air is to help cushion them and keep them from being reduced to being a bag of crumbs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Of course the reason for chip bags having so much air is to help cushion them and keep them from being reduced to being a bag of crumbs.
        Some air, sure, but I'll still be buying more Fritos after this.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Get out of here with your reason. We're trying to find something we can agree to be upset about.
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
            Get out of here with your reason. We're trying to find something we can agree to be upset about.
            How about, why do we always need to break in a new pair of shoes?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How about, why do we always need to break in a new pair of shoes?
              That's why I wear my hoes until they have holes in the souls.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Uh...

Comment

I tend to be virtually walking out of my shoes before replacing them[1] then a month later I'll see them and wonder how I could keep putting those nasty things on my feet and throw them out.

1. At my last job several employees began talking about starting a collection to buy me some new shoes because they thought I couldn't afford to get them.

Comment

Time for some REAL science....

How Do Potato Chips Stay Fresh In The Bag?

Nitrogen!

Yes, nitrogen. Did you ever notice how a potato chip bag feels a little bit inflated? It’s almost like a little balloon.

Potato chip bags are not full of air, but of nitrogen gas. This is done to prevent the chips from oxidizing, which is part of what makes them go stale. Oxygen is very reactive, and likes to combine with other molecules whenever it can, causing chemical changes to take place. Nitrogen, however, is very stable and unreactive. A so-called “nitrogen atmosphere” is good for storing foods that oxidize quickly, like potato chips and bacon.

You see that last word there? BACON!

Jed's law - case won!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Please! This is a FAMILY thread!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Please! This is a FAMILY thread!
                        Considering the crowd he hung with and ministered to Jesus saved many a ho's soul

Comment

bah humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Some air, sure, but I'll still be buying more Fritos after this.
                            Corn chips are an abomination. What else turns corn into something inedible?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              bah humbug!
                              It was very insensitive of me to bring up the topic of shoes to a man with a peg leg

Comment