I applied for a job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied for a job.

Applied to work at chic fil a. I even shaved my goatee and made a resume. I hope I get the job. It would allow me to do something productive.
    sigpic

Good for you! I've heard they're a very good company to work for.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Good for you! I've heard they're a very good company to work for.
      My cousin worked there. My aunt works there. Lots of folks I knew in high school work there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        My cousin worked there. My aunt works there. Lots of folks I knew in high school work there.
        If you get an interview, don't forget to do what 9 out of 10 people forget to do in an interview.... ASK FOR THE JOB!!!!

You might consider something like, when the interview is wrapping up, smile and say, "so, when can I start?"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          If you get an interview, don't forget to do what 9 out of 10 people forget to do in an interview.... ASK FOR THE JOB!!!!

You might consider something like, when the interview is wrapping up, smile and say, "so, when can I start?"
          Always demonstrate that you want to get THIS job not just merely get a job.

Oh, and show interest in wanting to advance in the company even if you really don't plan on being there that long.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Oh, and show interest in wanting to advance in the company even if you really don't plan on being there that long.
            Many years ago, I was applying for a job with a newspaper as circulation manager. When the interviewer (my potential boss) asked me "where do you want to be 5 years from now?", I pointed to his chair, and said, "I want to be sitting in THAT chair". He smiled real big, and said, "OK, when can you start work?"

Again, a lot of employers know that people apply for jobs for various reasons - some, particularly younger folks - apply for jobs because parents are making them. In the old days, you had to apply for a certain number of jobs per week if you were on unemployment.

Rogue is not entirely 100% wrong that it's important for the interviewer to know that you're not just "applying", but that you really want to work for that particular company.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, and LEAVE YOUR COTTON PICKIN' CELL PHONE IN THE CAR!!!!

My wife interviews "student workers" at Texas A&M, and is amazed at the number of students who, during the interview, can't resist peeking at their phone for their text messages or snap chats. A few have even gotten phone calls (one with a not-so-nice ring tone) during the interview, and two have gone ahead and answered their phones!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Oh, and LEAVE YOUR COTTON PICKIN' CELL PHONE IN THE CAR!!!!

My wife interviews "student workers" at Texas A&M, and is amazed at the number of students who, during the interview, can't resist peeking at their phone for their text messages or snap chats. A few have even gotten phone calls (one with a not-so-nice ring tone) during the interview, and two have gone ahead and answered their phones!!!!
                The moment they were finished I would end the interview with "I think we're done here."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The moment they were finished I would end the interview with "I think we're done here."
                  Yeah, she told me she WANTED to say, "Well, thank you for coming in, and I apologize for interfering with your personal life, but you'll have plenty of time for that...", but she has to attend multicultural sensitivity training twice a year, and they wouldn't approve. These are millennials, and they need to be treated with kindness and understanding.

She used to interview in her office, but now she meets then in a small conference room so she can leave when the interview is over and not have to sit there handing them tissues as they cry because they weren't getting the job.

Comment

Now i just wait for them to go through my application and such.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      Now i just wait for them to go through my application and such.
                      Did you already have an interview?

One more idea - be prepared to have a hand-written thank-you card ready to mail immediately after the interview, thanking them for talking to you, and expressing hopes of getting the job. You'd be amazed how well that's received. Especially by the type of person who would be a franchisee of a Chick-Fil-A.

ETA: Assuming, of course, they don't hire you on the spot.

Comment

Even if you have no interest now you may see things differently at a later date.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

UPDATE!!!! Please?

Comment

The guy who did the interview is in new york right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment