Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz forced from restaurant amid Kavanaugh drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Oh, and btw, the House republican majority also represents a minority which they accomplish by both illegal gerrymandering as well as their voter suppression tactics.
    sorry JimL here in California it is the Democrats guilty of what your lying leftist handlers tell you the Republican are doing.

Comment

If you ever get around to answering my actual post, rather than throwing your usual idiocy against the wall to see if it sticks, or to avoid the points I made, then maybe I'll respond to you in kind. Otherwise you are not worth the time Lilpix.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Senate, not the House determines the electoral college as well as the confirmation of Judges. The current 51 Republican Senators represent only 143 million people while the 49 Democrat Senators represent 183 million people. In other words Democrats Represent, in the Senate, 40 million more people than do republicans and yet that republican minority gets to determine the makeup of the Supreme Court. That is ridiculous. The EC is also way out of whack when it comes to fairness. For instance, in comparison with their populations, the voters in small states like Wyoming get a 3.6 to 1 advantage over voters in California when it comes to electoral college representation.

And btw, the EC was far from a happy compromise by the Founding Fathers. Madison hated it and it just barely passed. When the minority vote keeps winning Presidential elections, and when the minority gets to determine the makeup of the courts, particularly the SC, then there is something wrong with the system whether you want to call it a democracy or a republic.

Oh, and btw, the House republican majority also represents a minority which they accomplish by both illegal gerrymandering as well as their voter suppression tactics.
        Since Jimmy wants to whine about the fact that democrats changing the rules about 10 years ago is responsible for their issues today, maybe I should deal with his other rants...

Democrats Gerrymander too and gerrymandering only seems to work for a few years anyway because people move around all the time and throw off attempts at gerrymandering. It might work for a few elections, but not so well after a few years. The second issue is Jimmy whining about ‘voter suppression’ funny how democrats failed to dig up hard examples of this going on and reading actual text of the laws rarely support their opinions. On his issue of whining about total population, this of course assumes everyone in these states agrees with democrats, well they don’t. Do you know what state is in second for the most republicans in Congress? California, so the idea that everyone in a liberal state walks in lock step is absurd. So what we got is another misinformed Jimmy rant, where he shows that he’s programmed to accept usual dogma without any evidence to back it up.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment