Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz forced from restaurant amid Kavanaugh drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    He's a snipe. He has no clue what our country is about.
    B...but he's an expert! He has told us that repeatedly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      B...but he's an expert! He has told us that repeatedly.
      has he even visited the States before?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        has he even visited the States before?
        Why pollute his pristine knowledge with something as sordid as actual experience?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why pollute his pristine knowledge with something as sordid as actual experience?
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Who cares about actual experience as long as what you believe fits within the construct of pre-conceived notions you've built up.

Comment

He has Jaecp and JimL to inform him on American society.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And us pro-life folks will quickly, loudly, and unapologetically denounce those hecklers.

On the other hand, we have a real jewel of the Democratic Party preaching....

Waters finished with a call to action: "If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. You push back on them. Tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere!"

That comes awfully close to inciting a riot, and is exactly what happened to Cruz and his wife.

Not to be outdone, Senator "Spartacus" (Cory Booker, D-NJ) told activists to "get up in the face of some congresspeople."

Comment

Not to be outdone, Senator "Spartacus" (Cory Booker, D-NJ) told activists to "get up in the face of some congresspeople."
                Yuip - this is becoming SOP for the Democratic Party. My Dad - a lifelong Democrat, would be sick to see this were he still on this planet.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He has Jaecp and JimL to inform him on American society.

My thoughts exactly.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

so how would he like it if a bunch of people started following him around chanting, "I am Sparticus!" "No, I am Sparticus!" at him?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/25/politics/ted-cruz-heckled-restaurant-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

Washington (CNN)Sen. Ted Cruz was forced to leave a Washington restaurant Monday after left-wing activists swarmed the senator, heckling him with chants and demanding to know his position on embattled Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

In two videos posted to Twitter, a small group of activists can be seen confronting the Texas Republican and his wife, Heidi, as the couple makes their way to a table at Fiola, an Italian restaurant near the Capitol building.

The first video shows a woman who identities herself as a constituent of the Texas Republican and a survivor of sexual assault questioning him about his vote on the controversial nominee.

"I'd love to talk with you about Brett Kavanaugh tonight," she says. "I'm a constituent. Love to know what your vote is going to be tonight. I know that you're very close friends with Mr. Kavanaugh. And do you believe survivors, sir?"

The group then begins chanting, "We believe survivors!" as Cruz and his wife walk away from them and toward their table.

After receiving a "God bless you" from Cruz, the woman then says to the senator: "There are now three people who have come forward and who have said that Brett Kavanaugh has attacked them. I know that you're close friends with him. Did you talk to him about that? Did you talk to him about his position?"

As the protesters surround Cruz's table begin chanting more vigorously, the senator and his wife gather their belongings and walk out of the restaurant to cheers, according to the second video.
                      On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke, who is currently competing for Cruz's Senate seat, came to his opponent's defense.

"Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters," he said in a tweet. "The Cruz family should be treated with respect."

© Copyright Original Source

If Reps would actually be man enough to do their job, i.e. to actually meet with (town hall meetings) and explain themselves to their constituents, then they probably wouldn't be hunted down at restauraubts and such in protest.

Comment

so how would he like it if a bunch of people started following him around chanting, "I am Sparticus!" "No, I am Sparticus!" at him?
                        Knowing Cory Booker, he'd probably stop and speak with them rather than running away and hiding in the back room like Cruz did.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          If Reps would actually be man enough to do their job, i.e. to actually meet with (town hall meetings) and explain themselves to their constituents, then they probably wouldn't be hunted down at restauraubts and such in protest.
                          Maybe because a Bernie supporter recently tried to murder a bunch of Republican law makers they are a bit hesitant of going to such gathering. Beside the Dems are only going to show up and scream and whine...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Knowing Cory Booker, he'd probably stop and speak with them rather than running away and hiding in the back room like Cruz did.
                            Oh bull!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He would be dumb enough to think they were cheering him instead of mocking him.

Comment

Yes Jimmy because heckling town hall meetings with liberal activist, bent on destroying them, sure shows them! Of course, to the rest of the normal population, you sound like shreaking harpies.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment