Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Native American POTUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...ployment-rate/

And that's with job creation rates lower than expected (which still dwarfs Obama's numbers.)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And that's with job creation rates lower than expected (which still dwarfs Obama's numbers.)
      Most American's weren't alive when we had unemployment numbers this good (you have to go back to when man first landed on the moon). Meanwhile liberal economic experts like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (she has a bachelor's degree in economics from Boston U.) has proclaimed that the numbers are so good because Americans are forced to have two jobs ("Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.")

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Hispanic and African-American unemployment?

The Democrat Masters are going to have a more difficult time holding them on "the plantation".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (she has a bachelor's degree in economics from Boston U.) has proclaimed that the numbers are so good because Americans are forced to have two jobs ("Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.")
          The average is 40.8 hours per week for people between the age of 25-40, which makes sense. There's probably some outliers though who have to work 80 hours inEdited by a Moderatorjobs. But the average is the average.

She's wrong on this one.

Moderated By: rogue06

Come on now Leo, you know better

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            The average is 40.8 hours per week for people between the age of 25-40, which makes sense. There's probably some outliers though who have to work 80 hours inEdited by a Moderatorjobs. But the average is the average.

She's wrong on this one.

Moderated By: rogue06

Come on now Leo, you know better

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The point is that someone with a degree oughta know better than to say it's because people are forced to have two jobs that has caused the unemployment rate to drop the way it has.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The point is that someone with a degree oughta know better than to say it's because people are forced to have two jobs that has caused the unemployment rate to drop the way it has.
              Oh yes definitely, I wasn't disagreeing with you.

Comment

Most American's weren't alive when we had unemployment numbers this good (you have to go back to when man first landed on the moon). Meanwhile liberal economic experts like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (she has a bachelor's degree in economics from Boston U.) has proclaimed that the numbers are so good because Americans are forced to have two jobs ("Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.")
                Is that what she's saying now? First time she tackled the unemployment issue, she said it was impossible to calculate, that it was essentially just a made up number.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Is that what she's saying now? First time she tackled the unemployment issue, she said it was impossible to calculate, that it was essentially just a made up number.
                  I think you're confusing the above for your own argument when Obama was the president, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Speaking of identity politics:

The race for Representative in my home district is really interesting. The Democratic candidate is a lesbian Native American former MMA fighter running in a very red state... and she's actually ahead in the polls.
                    A local Republican precinct committee just had to resign after sending an unprovoked Facebook message to a local Democratic operative saying that this candidate would be "sent back to the reservation". Talk about an unforced error

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...219809850.html

(Absolutely nobody on the Republican side is supporting the person who said this, to their credit.)

Meanwhile, the national Republican Party decided last week to pull a million dollars in funding from the incumbent because they don't think he can win. This may actually be happening.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment