Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Native American POTUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Native American POTUS?

Elizabeth Warren: I’ll ‘Take a Hard Look’ at Running for President After Midterms

warren.jpg

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), one of the most high-profile progressives on the U.S. Senate, said Saturday that she will seriously consider a presidential run after November’s midterm elections.

“Let’s face it, Donald Trump is taking this country in the wrong direction,” Warren told an audience member at a town hall in Holyoke, Massachusetts, according to remarks sent to The Daily Beast by a spokesperson.

“Working people have taken one punch to the gut after another,” she continued. “And I am worried down to my bones about what Donald Trump is doing to our democracy.”
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

"Let’s face it, Donald Trump is taking this country in the wrong direction..."

It'll be interesting to see any Democrat try to support that point in a substantive way. I keep imagining them saying, "Do you hate economic prosperity, low unemployment, and peaceful international relations? Then vote for me, and I'll change all of that!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      First Native American POTUS?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yeah, you're right not entirely 100% incorrect.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It'll be interesting to see any Democrat try to support that point in a substantive way. I keep imagining them saying, "Do you hate economic prosperity, low unemployment, and peaceful international relations? Then vote for me, and I'll change all of that!"
          Will they dare speak the truth like Walter Mondale did in 1984 when he promised to raise taxes if elected?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Great. And she should choose Maxine Waters as her running mate.

Comment

Is there a prominent Democrat whose last name is Peace?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Wage stagnation is the best point of attack. Wages just haven't caught up with all the economic gains made.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Speaking of identity politics:

The race for Representative in my home district is really interesting. The Democratic candidate is a lesbian Native American former MMA fighter running in a very red state... and she's actually ahead in the polls.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The race for Representative in my home district is really interesting. The Democratic candidate is a lesbian Native American former MMA fighter running in a very red state... and she's actually ahead in the polls.
                    Come Lord Jesus.

Comment

But Article II requires that only native American citizens (or those who were citizens when the Constitution was adopted and are at least 229 years old) qualify for president.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

Wage stagnation is the best point of attack. Wages just haven't caught up with all the economic gains made.
                        While historically wages have been the last thing to improve as the economy improves the fact that we now are seeing more jobs available (both skilled and unskilled) than applicants has finally begun to force competition and therefore higher wages. Another sign of this: Employers Eager to Hire Try a New Policy: ‘No Experience Necessary’ noting how "Employers say they are abandoning preferences for college degrees and specific skill sets to speed-up hiring and broaden the pool of job candidates."

For example, The Miami Herald reported that employers are offering between $55,000-75,000 a year with full benefits and a pension for construction workers (well above the average) but still can not find enough people to do the jobs.

This is not an isolated occurrence. Chick-fil-A in Sacramento are offering employees wage increases that would boost their pay from $12-13/hr. to $17-18/hr. trying to attract quality workers.

Also the lowering of the corporate tax rate has resulted in a major stimulus to the economy with companies investing and expanding. The upshot of this is many of them aren't telling their employees they'll need to cut hours for a month or so during certain times of the year as we've seen for most of the last decade but rather asking who wants overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Come Lord Jesus.

Comment

So was Hillary. Ahead in the polls that is, not... that other stuff.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

To her credit, she's running a no-nonsense campaign primarily focused on health care/prescription drug costs. It's the media that's playing up all the other angles, understandably given how weird her background is. She actually beat one of Bernie Sanders' handpicked guys in the Democratic primary (Alexandria O was in town campaigning for him too).

I don't think she's going to win. The incumbent hasn't really run anything yet; that's not going to last.

Comment