Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Young People Really This Ignorant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    OK, what is the evidence supporting his accusers? Exactly? I'm not talking about unsupported assertions.
    Seer - eye-witness testimony is considered "evidence." So we Have Ford's testimony. We have four affidavits and the letter to the Senate affirming that Ford identified Kavanaugh as her attackers BEFORE Kavanaugh was nominated, we have several people who have offered their experience of Kavanaugh as a violent/boisterous drunk, we have the police report of the attack in the bar, and we have the yearbook with a lot of comments indicating a drunken, sexually active Kavanaugh (Devil's triangles, boofing, etc.)

Actually that is not true, no one was as strong on immigration or trade or the need for reforming business taxes or regulations. And even though I originally supported Walker then Cruz Trump really is the one who is getting it done, who knows with the others.
    And before the election happened, everyone was an unknown with regard to policy. However, Trump was a "known" with regard to schoolyard name-calling, bullying, getting even, lying, and rallying people behind hatred. I would say that the right has made it's choice.

And I think politicians who support abortion are more evil than all of the above... Now what?
    Trump was not the only Republican who opposed abortion....indeed - most did. Yet Trump was the selection of the Republican party.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and say YES!!! without even reading anything beyond the Subject line.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        Seer - eye-witness testimony is considered "evidence." So we Have Ford's testimony. We have four affidavits and the letter to the Senate affirming that Ford identified Kavanaugh as her attackers BEFORE Kavanaugh was nominated, we have several people who have offered their experience of Kavanaugh as a violent/boisterous drunk, we have the police report of the attack in the bar, and we have the yearbook with a lot of comments indicating a drunken, sexually active Kavanaugh (Devil's triangles, boofing, etc.)
        We have her word alone for the actual event, one that her best friend did not confirm. And she only mentioned Kavanaugh after he was suggested for the court by Romney. And Devil's triangles and boofing nonsense or throwing ice on someone do not lead to sexual assault.

And before the election happened, everyone was an unknown with regard to policy. However, Trump was a "known" with regard to schoolyard name-calling, bullying, getting even, lying, and rallying people behind hatred. I would say that the right has made it's choice.
        And I would say I made the right choice.

Trump was not the only Republican who opposed abortion....indeed - most did. Yet Trump was the selection of the Republican party.
        Yep, they voted for a non-politician. And it is working out great.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

We have her word alone for the actual event, one that her best friend did not confirm. And she only mentioned Kavanaugh after he was suggested for the court by Romney. And Devil's triangles and boofing nonsense or throwing ice on someone do not lead to sexual assault.
          She also claimed she became concerned about Kavanaugh possibly going to the SCOTUS right after Trump was elected because he was listed on Trump's list as possible nominees. There is only one little problem with that claim. Trump did not put Kavanaugh on his list until November 2017 -- a full year after he was elected.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Unfortunately, yes.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              The test is here:
              https://my.uscis.gov/en/prep/test/civics/view

I got 20/20

very easy.
              20/20... nice to know my History degree is good for something!
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

We have her word alone for the actual event, one that her best friend did not confirm.
                Correct. That is not unusual for a sexual assault. They are often not witnessed, for obvious reasons.

And she only mentioned Kavanaugh after he was suggested for the court by Romney.
                We have four affidavits that she named him years ago, which is also considered evidence.

And Devil's triangles and boofing nonsense or throwing ice on someone do not lead to sexual assault.
                Those incidents had nothing directly to do with the sexual assault. They were things raised by people who knew Kavanaugh in high school and college. They go to his character then; they were not presented as evidence of "sexual assault." They were simply presented as evidence that he drank excessively, and was known to engage in various types of "interesting" sexual encounters.

I will add just one observation. We still do not know "what happened." Ford may have been sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh - or it is possible she was not. I'm not going to take a position one way or the other. I do think that the treatment Ford received at the hands of Republicans and right-leaning news outlets will ultimately be something I think the right will be sorry for. Ford could have been listened to, people could have treated her with respect, and then said, "what you are saying is horrible - but please understand that we cannot make a decision in this case on the basis of he said/she said. Our nation functions on the presumption of innocence, and there is not enough evidence here to convict anyone. We must proceed on the assumption of innocence until (and if) there is proof."

Instead, she was treated harshly, mocked, and taken through the ringer by the right in right-leaning media outlets, in fora like this one, by Trump, and by several Republican Senators. As a result, there is the potential for a significant backlash from women. November is coming. I suspect this will be remembered in the voting booth.

And I would say I made the right choice.
                That does not surprise me. Trump is widely supported by evangelicals, as has been noted before. IMO, evangelicals are compromising their moral framework to do so.

Yep, they voted for a non-politician. And it is working out great.
                Apparently you think so. I think otherwise and will be very happy when he is shown the door in 2020, and that prospect increasingly looks pretty good.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Of US history?
                  Yes.
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                    Yes.
                    I like your Amazon author page!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here is a solid conclusion, there is no evidence supporting Kavanaugh's accusers. Therefore there is no good reason to keep him off the court.
                      This argument is not sound, for the simple reason that there IS a good reason to keep him off the court. Namely, his position on the fourth amendment.
                      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post

I will add just one observation. We still do not know "what happened." Ford may have been sexually assaulted by Kavanaugh - or it is possible she was not. I'm not going to take a position one way or the other. I do think that the treatment Ford received at the hands of Republicans and right-leaning news outlets will ultimately be something I think the right will be sorry for. Ford could have been listened to, people could have treated her with respect, and then said, "what you are saying is horrible - but please understand that we cannot make a decision in this case on the basis of he said/she said. Our nation functions on the presumption of innocence, and there is not enough evidence here to convict anyone. We must proceed on the assumption of innocence until (and if) there is proof."
                        But the treatment that Kavanaugh repeatedly received from Democrats and the MSM which was by many magnitudes far worse was perfectly acceptable, right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          But the treatment that Kavanaugh repeatedly received from Democrats and the MSM which was by many magnitudes far worse was perfectly acceptable, right?
                          destroy Kav life.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]31887[/ATTACH]
                            That says it all...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That says it all...
                              Every once in a while, a liberal screws up and tells the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]31887[/ATTACH]
                                Well, was this meant sarcastically or seriously?

Comment