Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Power relationships between men and women are unequal and men don’t get half pregnant. The administration of justice in this situation is more complicated than you seem to imagine.
    Says one of our local anarchists.

So, no, it’s not fair enough.
    In your opinion.

Now that Bart O’Kavanaugh is on the KCOTUS, the arguements on both sides will have to be sharpened.
    Ah, so now you're into the juvenile purposeful misspelling of people/things with whom you don't agree. So very mature.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Power relationships between men and women are unequal and men don’t get half pregnant. The administration of justice in this situation is more complicated than you seem to imagine. So, no, it’s not fair enough.

Now that Bart O’Kavanaugh is on the KCOTUS, the arguements on both sides will have to be sharpened.
      Men are still fathers and get saddled with raising children too.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And what have you to say about the men who cause these unwanted pregnancies?
        Do men have any say in the matter? I mean, when a woman wants to kill her unborn child, is the father consulted? No. He's told to mind his own business.

But if the woman decides to let the baby live, suddenly the man is on the hook for two-decades of child support.

Doncha just love liberal hypocrisy?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Do men have any say in the matter? I mean, when a woman wants to kill her unborn child, is the father consulted? No. He's told to mind his own business.

But if the woman decides to let the baby live, suddenly the man is on the hook for two-decades of child support.

Doncha just love liberal hypocrisy?
          The thing about the man being on hook for two-decades seems perfectly fine by me. Its the whole 'having the legal power to kill her fetus' that I'm against.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            The thing about the man being on hook for two-decades seems perfectly fine by me. Its the whole 'having the legal power to kill her fetus' that I'm against.
            You're missing the point. If dad is on the hook to care for the baby after birth then he should certainly have a say in whether or not mom has an abortion. Liberals have erected another double-standard.

Comment

You're missing the point. If dad is on the hook to care for the baby after birth then he should certainly have a say in whether or not mom has an abortion. Liberals have erected another double-standard.
              Only if the couple contracted together to have a baby, otherwise it is hers alone. If the pregnancy is unwanted, the man has committed a criminal fertilization and may be subject to castration, if natural justice had anything to do with it. The woman should be entitled to state sponsored abortion because of the benefit that the state receives by not having unwanted mouths to feed in a world whose resources are limited.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Only if the couple contracted together to have a baby, otherwise it is hers alone. If the pregnancy is unwanted, the man has committed a criminal fertilization and may be subject to castration, if natural justice had anything to do with it. The woman should be entitled to state sponsored abortion because of the benefit that the state receives by not having unwanted mouths to feed in a world whose resources are limited.
                And you would be in favor of eliminating any law that forces a man to pay to support a child that was carried to term without his consent?

Comment

And you would be in favor of eliminating any law that forces a man to pay to support a child that was carried to term without his consent?
                  If a man gives his seed to a woman, that constitutes consent because the risk of pregnancy is always non-zero. The situation you refer to, never arises.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    If a man gives his seed to a woman, that constitutes consent because the risk of pregnancy is always non-zero. The situation you refer to, never arises.
                    Therefore, you promote a double-standard.

Q.E.D.

Comment

This logic could also be and was applied to euthanizing the living as well

00000000000000ar1aaa2d.jpg
                      Translated: "60,000 Reichsmark is what this person suffering from a hereditary defect costs the People's community during his lifetime. Fellow citizen, that is your money too. Read '[A] New People', the monthly magazine of the Bureau for Race Politics of the NSDAP."

It also sounds like you're trying to make a case for post-birth abortions that folks like starlight endorses.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Therefore, you promote a double-standard.

Q.E.D.
                        Why do you think that? It’s about autonomy. You must think that women are property!
                        Last edited by firstfloor; 10-09-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          This logic could also be and was applied to euthanizing the living as well

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31918[/ATTACH]
                          Translated: "60,000 Reichsmark is what this person suffering from a hereditary defect costs the People's community during his lifetime. Fellow citizen, that is your money too. Read '[A] New People', the monthly magazine of the Bureau for Race Politics of the NSDAP."
                          In that case, please don’t tell it to a Christian fascist.

Comment

dang First Floor almost trolled me into engaging him. almost.

sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              dang First Floor almost trolled me into engaging him. almost.

sigh.
                              He's just trying to change the subject from Gosnell's incomprehensible butchery under the guise of 'family planning'.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                He's just trying to change the subject from Gosnell's incomprehensible butchery under the guise of 'family planning'.
                                No pro choice advocate is going to give you an arguement over Gosnell. I think it might be a movie that will only appeal to the pro-life mob who perhaps get a kick out of being disgusted. Could be?

Comment