Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why are so many Christians adopting flat earthism?

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    especially on facebook. I can't believe the obvious scams and lies my own friends spread on facebook. I basically tell them not to send me anything that has "please share" on it. I am the internet's black hole, anything they want to share or pass on dies with me. I won't share that missing child post, or the one about getting good luck, or the one about the poison in our water, or how vaccines or aliens are killing our children, or even grandma's favorite cookie recipe. And if they continue to send me stuff like that, I will block them.
    Every so often, I post something like this: nothowitworks.jpg

Sometimes I accompany it with something gracious and loving such as, "If you're the sort of person who frequently sends those 'Share and be blessed' or 'Reply Amen if you agree' posts, I think you're an idiot, and would prefer to have nothing to do with you."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

2. Amen Jedidiah, Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
    A Fundamentalism of the works of the Fathers is no better than a Fundamentalism of the Bible.
    With either, context has to be considered, and it may be more difficult with the former because there is a lot more scholarship on the Bible than on any individual non-canonical writing.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Every so often, I post something like this: nothowitworks.jpg

Sometimes I accompany it with something gracious and loving such as, "If you're the sort of person who frequently sends those 'Share and be blessed' or 'Reply Amen if you agree' posts, I think you're an idiot, and would prefer to have nothing to do with you."
    I sure agree with the distaste for such tripe, but not necessarily the attitude towards the senders.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?