Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Roman Church response to the atrocious scandals; "The Devil made me do it!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    I think I present my views in a courteous way.

On the other hand, this is probably sad, because he probably BELIEVES this.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't say you were "harassing and mocking gays", they're your words not mine.
      Let me splain this to you, Lucy*.

It was not an accusation that you were accusing us of "harassing and mocking gays" - it was a COMPARISON. Like a hypothetical.

YOU are here, IMOHBAO, to "harass and mock" Christians. You are not here for fellowship, or to share recipes or fashion tips.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I do not go to any LGBTXGSBKLN discussion sites to "harass and mock gays".

Now, if you were to bash Christians on those LBGT+++ sites who were there to attack you, I'd never know it, because I wouldn't even be there!

*this is a reference to the comedy show where Ricky and Lucy regularly have misunderstandings and Ricky says "you gots a lot of splanin to do, Lucy" (just in case this is taken as 'harassing and mocking gays' by using a feminine name)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tassman, why ARE you here at theologyweb?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It was not an accusation that you were accusing us of "harassing and mocking gays"
          They are your words: "harassing and mocking gays".

- it was a COMPARISON. Like a hypothetical.
          Yeah right, Donald.

YOU are here, IMOHBAO, to "harass and mock" Christians.
          “IMOHBAO”??

Stop judging others by your own standards. I am here for discussion and rational argumentation.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I do not go to any LGBTXGSBKLN discussion sites to "harass and mock gays".
          “LGBTXGSBKLN”???

Why would you when you can just as easily do it here, plus get lots of support from the gang for your schoolyard antics.

Now, if you were to bash Christians on those LBGT+++ sites who were there to attack you, I'd never know it, because I wouldn't even be there!
          Not that we’re mocking “LBGT+++ sites”, are we? Would you make a wedding cake for a gay couple, or issue a marriage license?
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            We're all sinners, Tassman,
            You are entitled to your beliefs.

and nobody outside of perhaps a small minority of fundamentalists thinks homosexuals are possessed by evil spirits.
            Not just a "small minority of Evangelicals! The Catholic Church in many cases believes in demonic possession re homosexuals.

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...orrifying.html

Regardless, whether by demon possession or straight out accusations of "sinning", neither position is appropriate for LGBT people. As I said, the most reasonable position, and the one adopted by law, is to provide professional counseling for those experiencing difficulty with their sexual orientation. So-called reparative therapy or unwanted exorcisms can be harmful to the victims of it and is grounded in the false notion that homosexuality is unnatural and bad.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You are entitled to your beliefs.
              You were purportedly attempting to describe normative Christian beliefs. I was correcting you.
              Not just a "small minority of Evangelicals! The Catholic Church in many cases believes in demonic possession re homosexuals.

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...orrifying.html
              Slate! Even that emotionally laden screed admits this is pretty rare. If you were trying to prove that the belief is normative, you failed.

<further attempt to derail topic snipped>

Keep digging, Tassman. You'll come out in Kansas eventually.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Tassman, why ARE you here at theologyweb?
                To make atheists look like pig-headed obscurantists?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They are your words: "harassing and mocking gays".
                  Yes - I apologize for using a general comparison that would confuse and upset somebody incapable of logical thought - which is why I explained the comparison.

Yeah right, Donald.
                  Tassman - Just because you are becoming more and more like your version of Trump doesn't mean you should see everybody else that way.

“IMOHBAO”??
                  Yes.

Stop judging others by your own standards. I am here for discussion and rational argumentation.

You're like the dude who claims to read Playboy for the articles.

“LGBTXGSBKLN”???
                  Yes, I am mocking the ever-expanding grouping. And, as I said, I don't go to LGBTXGSBKLN to mock and attack gays like you come here to mock and attack Christians and Christianity.

Why would you when you can just as easily do it here, plus get lots of support from the gang for your schoolyard antics.
                  You don't have to be here, you dolt. You come here like a little bully yourself, but when somebody stands up to you, you show what a prissy little Drama Queen you really are.

Not that we’re mocking “LBGT+++ sites”, are we?
                  No, "we" aren't doing anything such thing. I, however, am mocking the ever-expanding grouping. It won't be long before NAMBLA is back in the fold.

Would you make a wedding cake for a gay couple, or issue a marriage license?
                  Absolutely not. Nor would I go to their house, place of business, or discussion board to harass and mock them. YOU, however, are here exactly for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You were purportedly attempting to describe normative Christian beliefs. I was correcting you.
                    You might as well try teaching a pig to sing. (sorry OBP)

Slate! Even that emotionally laden screed admits this is pretty rare. If you were trying to prove that the belief is normative, you failed.

<further attempt to derail topic snipped>

Keep digging, Tassman. You'll come out in Kansas eventually.
                    He is only here to harass and mock and distort the truth.

Comment