Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So the Democrats fought dirty in the Kavanaugh nomination battle, and lost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Or vote them out of office!

I think Waters should be charged with inciting riots and violence.

There was a call to censure her and for her to resign. Wonder what happened to that?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...all-censure-r/
    At the very LEAST, she should be censured by the house.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      At the very LEAST, she should be censured by the house.
      That's racist talk.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Their takeaway? "We need to fight even dirtier next time."

Source: Marc Theissen

As Politico recently tweeted, "After failing to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation, Democrats wonder if it's time to be more ruthless."

More ruthless? There are a lot of reasons the effort to stop Kavanaugh failed, but a lack of ruthlessness is not one of them. Kavanaugh's opponents just tried to destroy a man without a shred of corroborating evidence. No tactic, no unfounded accusation, was too extreme.

Democrats demanded that the FBI investigate not just Christine Blasey Ford's uncorroborated accusations, but also the charge in the New Yorker's hit piece that Kavanaugh had exposed himself to a college classmate, Deborah Ramirez, as well as the scurrilous accusation by Michael Avenatti client Julie Swetnick that Kavanaugh participated in gang rapes at high school parties. How can you get any more ruthless than unfounded accusations of gang rape?

Democrats did not lose the Kavanaugh fight because they were not ruthless enough. They lost because, as always, the left overreached. Their increasingly brazen and unsupported charges against Kavanaugh backfired, strengthening the GOP's case that Kavanaugh was the victim of a political hit job, and actually helping to secure his confirmation.

They also lost because of their disastrous decision last year to filibuster the nomination of Neil Gorsuch, a justice of impeccable qualification and temperament. If Democrats had kept their powder dry then, they would still have had the filibuster in place when Kavanaugh was nominated. As it stands, Republicans were barely able to confirm Kavanaugh; they likely would never have been able muster the votes to invoke the nuclear option to get him onto the court.

...Democrats have no one but themselves to blame for Kavanaugh's confirmation. Their strategic miscalculations, and embrace of what they once decried as the "politics of personal destruction," backfired. And the reverberations may not yet be over. Since Kavanaugh's hearings, the number of Republicans who say the November elections are "very important" has grown by 12 points to 80 percent -- closing the enthusiasm gap with Democrats. The attacks on Kavanaugh have awoken a sleeping giant.

It may not be enough to save the House, where Republicans are defending 25 seats in districts Hillary Clinton won. But the Kavanaugh fiasco may cost Democrats their chance to retake the Senate -- and with it the power to block future Trump judicial nominations. If so, it means their search-and-destroy mission against Kavanaugh may end up handing Trump the ability to get even more Supreme Court justices confirmed.

Democrats have also given Republicans reason to look past their frustrations with Trump's erratic behavior in office. Millions of Republicans put aside their misgivings and voted for Trump in 2016 for one reason: the Supreme Court. Now he has delivered. It has not escaped notice that he never once backed down in his support for Kavanaugh. Even at the lowest moments, there were no signs of wavering, no leaks from the White House that the president was quietly looking at potential replacements just in case Kavanaugh's nomination failed.

© Copyright Original Source

source
        And we just had Hillary proclaiming there is no need for Democrats to be civil to those they politically disagree with until after they've regained power.

ETA: I see that RTT has already mentioned this
        Last edited by rogue06; 10-10-2018, 01:41 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And we just had Hillary proclaiming there is no need for Democrats to be civil to those they politically disagree with until after they've regained power.
          Then we can bow and grovel and be her loyal subjects.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            That's racist talk.
            Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              The smear campaign against Kavanaugh has entrenched people on both sides of the debate, making compromise and cooperation a thing of the past. It is going to make politics in general an even worse thing than it already was. I've talked to several "fence setters" w/regard to Trump who now say they are pro-Trump because of the vitriol being spewed by many on the left. I think it has backfired big time for the Democrats.
              By every measure it has definitely energized the right which was not the case prior.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They are doing exactly what she told them to do. pretty clear circumstantial evidence. and just get one of the protestors to say they were only doing what she said as a defense when they get arrested...
                The interesting question is if the blue wave turns into a ripple and they don't get control of the House, how do they respond? With even more lunacy and outrage or do they start questioning the wisdom of catering to the unbalanced portion of their party (every party has them) and tone down the level of vitriol and furor? So far it looks like the former although a cold splash of rejection can have a remarkably sobering effect.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The interesting question is if the blue wave turns into a ripple and they don't get control of the House, how do they respond? With even more lunacy and outrage or do they start questioning the wisdom of catering to the unbalanced portion of their party (every party has them) and tone down the level of vitriol and furor? So far it looks like the former although a cold splash of rejection can have a remarkably sobering effect.
                  They seem to have an inability to question "what did we do wrong", and simply turn it to blaming everybody else. Who, for instance, has Hillary NOT blamed but her own self?

Comment

So this happened....

Minnesota teacher who tweeted call to 'kill Kavanaugh' resigns

A Minnesota special education teacher has resigned after she posted a message on Twitter exhorting her followers to kill Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The teacher, identified by multiple social media users and local outlets as Samantha Ness, had been placed on paid administrative leave after the message was widely shared online.

Mark Zuzek, the superintendent of Independent School District 917 in Rosemount, confirmed that an employee whom he did not identify had voluntarily resigned and is no longer employed by the district.

"The actions of the employee did not occur at school, and there were no school devices, equipment, or other school staff involved in the actions," Zuzek added. "At no time were students or staff in danger."

The tweet, which read: "So whose [sic] gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?" was posted from the account @lookitsSamm on Saturday, hours after the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh, 50-48. The judge was sworn in that same day as the high court's 114th justice after a bruising confirmation fight highlighted by allegations of sexual misconduct dating back to his high school and college days in the 1980s.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota...anaugh-resigns

Comment

well the good news is Trump can relax. Nobody is complaining about him and Russia right now.

Trump: The liberals hate me and won't leave me alone with their rants and ravings.

Kavanaugh: Mr. President, Hold my beer.

Comment

They are doing exactly what she told them to do. pretty clear circumstantial evidence. and just get one of the protestors to say they were only doing what she said as a defense when they get arrested...
                        Mad Maxine and her ilk are revealing a remarkable ignorance of history. Every time when a group starts promoting physical confrontation it has never ended well. Either for the group that did it (the French Revolution) or the rioters and street mobs they instigated (the Brown Shirts/SA in 1930s Germany).

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          The smear campaign against Kavanaugh has entrenched people on both sides of the debate, making compromise and cooperation a thing of the past. It is going to make politics in general an even worse thing than it already was. I've talked to several "fence setters" w/regard to Trump who now say they are pro-Trump because of the vitriol being spewed by many on the left. I think it has backfired big time for the Democrats.
                          Their dishonest tactics are too much for even some liberals. Of course the really entrenched do not seem to care about honesty any longer.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

And now we can add to the list along with Mad Maxine Waters, Cory "Spartacus" Booker and Hillary "My Turn" Clinton, Obama's former attorney general Eric Holder who told a cheering crowd last night here in Georgia forget about political civility, kick your opponent instead. Scoffing at and rejecting Michelle Obama's line about "When they go low, we go high" he instead declared "When they go low we kick them."

Comment

The fascists (the above posters) sound like they are ready for a permanent take over.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                The fascists (the above posters) sound like they are ready for a permanent take over.
                                Much mo betterer less worsererer than letting the loony left permanently take over.

Comment