Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Advances in the science of abiogenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem of phosphorus in the abiogenesis of life may be resolved. Phosphorus is necessary for abiogenesis, but the problem was how it could naturally avaialble for the beginning of life.

Source: https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2019/12/26/1916109117

A carbonate-rich lake solution to the phosphate problem of the origin of life
    Jonathan D. Toner and View ORCID ProfileDavid C. Catling
    PNAS first published December 30, 2019 https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1916109117

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Back to REAL science.

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02622-4

Lab-made primordial soup yields RNA bases

The chemical feat strengthens theory that the first life on Earth was based on RNA.

Single strand ribonucleic acid, RNA research and therapy.
      RNA has been synthesized in conditions that may have resembled those on the early Earth.

It seems they synthesized the bases for RNA, but not RNA itself, for RNA, you need ribose. This statement claims too much, as does the claim that they can form under one set of conditions, which turns out to be two sets of conditions.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        It seems they synthesized the bases for RNA, but not RNA itself, for RNA, you need ribose. This statement claims too much, as does the claim that they can form under one set of conditions, which turns out to be two sets of conditions.

Blessings,
        Lee
        No, it does not claim too much it claims what it claims read again, but . . .

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/researchers-find-that-ribose-the-r-in-rna-may-form-naturally-in-space

Researchers Find That Ribose, The 'R' in RNA, Could Form Naturally in Space

Comment

No, it does not claim too much it claims what it claims read again...
          So where do they synthesize RNA?

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/researchers-find-that-ribose-the-r-in-rna-may-form-naturally-in-space

Researchers Find That Ribose, The 'R' in RNA, Could Form Naturally in Space

But is it racemic? Probably so, and if so, puts a dent in their claim.

Blessings,
          Lee
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

So where do they synthesize RNA?
            Where do who synthesize RNA? The goal of the research over time to determine various ways RNA can come about naturally.

But is it racemic? Probably so, and if so, puts a dent in their claim.

Blessings,
            Lee
            There are no dents in claims, nor claims as you interpret them. Scientific knowledge builds over time with progressive research and discoveries.

Comment

Where do who synthesize RNA?
              I noted a claim that RNA had been synthesized, "RNA has been synthesized in conditions that may have resembled those on the early Earth." Only they didn't synthesize RNA, so this claim is false.

There are no dents in claims, nor claims as you interpret them. Scientific knowledge builds over time with progressive research and discoveries.
              Well, without homochirality you don't get a biomolecule, in all probability.

Blessings,
              Lee

Comment

I noted a claim that RNA had been synthesized, "RNA has been synthesized in conditions that may have resembled those on the early Earth." Only they didn't synthesize RNA, so this claim is false.
                No it is not. You lack the fundamental knowledge in the biological science to make such a statement.

Well, without homochirality you don't get a biomolecule, in all probability.
                Probability is absolutely meaningless without a falsifiable hypothesis. Besides it is meaningless anyway, because as previously referenced it is a false method to evaluate abiogenesis and evolution, because it is based on the assumptions of a religious agenda, and not legitimate scientific evidence and methods.

Comment

No it is not. You lack the fundamental knowledge in the biological science to make such a statement.
                  This is not complicated, they claimed to have synthesized RNA, but they only synthesized some of RNA's building blocks. Their stated next step was to synthesize ribose, another component of RNA.

Blessings,
                  Lee

Comment

This is not complicated, they claimed to have synthesized RNA, but they only synthesized some of RNA's building blocks. Their stated next step was to synthesize ribose, another component of RNA.

Blessings,
                    Lee
                    You are perpetually arguing from ignorance, and often ignoring the advancements of scientific research and discoveries concerning the origins of RNA/DNA.

Comment