Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Remember the recent news about a guy kicking a prolife woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the recent news about a guy kicking a prolife woman?

remember this:
    https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/pro-ch...an-we-thought/

Well here is a story from a former friend of his...

Jordan Hunt Was My Friend – Before I Had My Daughter From Rape, by Shalyn McGuin

I am a mom of two. The beautiful girl who made me a mom is almost 6 years old. That same beautiful girl was conceived in a rape. As soon as I saw the positive pregnancy test, I thought abortion was the answer. Abortion is “always the answer” when a woman is raped, isn’t it? In fact, I was working as a nanny and my employer told me I would have to abort if I wanted to keep my job because she didn’t want her children to see me “like that.”

I went to the pregnancy resource centre here in Ontario and asked the woman whether I should abort or not. She told me that although she couldn’t tell me what to do, she would offer support regardless. If I kept the baby, they would help me with furniture, prenatal class, counseling — the whole nine yards, and she assured me that I was capable of raising my baby.

So I kept the baby, and that’s when it hit me: women don’t abort because they CAN’T carry the baby. They abort because they are scared to carry the baby and nobody is telling them otherwise.

This is myself with an old friend, Jordan — Jordan Hunt. He was always quirky.
    We eventually grew apart, as many young friendships do. Then I saw his face in my Facebook newsfeed: Pro-life protest turns violent. I watched the video in horror. Before the violence even started, my heart shattered when Jordan Hunt insinuated that babies like my daughter should be aborted. Like it’s the obvious choice — mocking with thumbs up, thumbs down whether a rape victim “should keep the baby?”

Then he kicked her — a young pro-life activist named Marie-Claire Bissonnette. You can hear Jordan yelling, “I only meant to kick her phone,” and I wholeheartedly believe he only meant to kick her phone out of her hand — but even that was such an unnecessary act of violence and the hatred he had was easy to see. And all because Marie-Claire suggested it wasn’t okay to kill a baby conceived in rape. All because she suggested it wasn’t okay to kill MY baby.

Since watching this video I have caught myself grieving. The Jordan I knew died when I saw that video. But it hurts more when I realize he is still here — but he cares so little about my child’s life that he would kick a woman for suggesting we do anything other than abort children like mine.

This incident has damaged so many people, including him. I pray this is a lesson learned, I pray this opens his eyes, I pray he opens his heart, and I pray that the Jordan I knew comes back some day. I also pray for his victim as she recovers from the trauma of this incident. And I pray for my daughter. I pray that some day, people will see her worth.

more at...
    http://www.savethe1.com/2018/10/05/j...shalyn-mcguin/

[reminder: this is prolife activism, it is not a place to debate abortion]

Wow. Thank you for sharing.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I'm glad they caught and charged him...now I hope he gets jail time. Disgusting behavior.

I'm surprised no one tackled him and held him for the police. I know I would have...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

That guy was rude.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          That guy was rude.
          You have a talent for understatement.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            remember this:
            https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/pro-ch...an-we-thought/

Well here is a story from a former friend of his...

Jordan Hunt Was My Friend – Before I Had My Daughter From Rape, by Shalyn McGuin

I am a mom of two. The beautiful girl who made me a mom is almost 6 years old. That same beautiful girl was conceived in a rape. As soon as I saw the positive pregnancy test, I thought abortion was the answer. Abortion is “always the answer” when a woman is raped, isn’t it? In fact, I was working as a nanny and my employer told me I would have to abort if I wanted to keep my job because she didn’t want her children to see me “like that.”

I went to the pregnancy resource centre here in Ontario and asked the woman whether I should abort or not. She told me that although she couldn’t tell me what to do, she would offer support regardless. If I kept the baby, they would help me with furniture, prenatal class, counseling — the whole nine yards, and she assured me that I was capable of raising my baby.

So I kept the baby, and that’s when it hit me: women don’t abort because they CAN’T carry the baby. They abort because they are scared to carry the baby and nobody is telling them otherwise.

This is myself with an old friend, Jordan — Jordan Hunt. He was always quirky.
            We eventually grew apart, as many young friendships do. Then I saw his face in my Facebook newsfeed: Pro-life protest turns violent. I watched the video in horror. Before the violence even started, my heart shattered when Jordan Hunt insinuated that babies like my daughter should be aborted. Like it’s the obvious choice — mocking with thumbs up, thumbs down whether a rape victim “should keep the baby?”

Then he kicked her — a young pro-life activist named Marie-Claire Bissonnette. You can hear Jordan yelling, “I only meant to kick her phone,” and I wholeheartedly believe he only meant to kick her phone out of her hand — but even that was such an unnecessary act of violence and the hatred he had was easy to see. And all because Marie-Claire suggested it wasn’t okay to kill a baby conceived in rape. All because she suggested it wasn’t okay to kill MY baby.

Since watching this video I have caught myself grieving. The Jordan I knew died when I saw that video. But it hurts more when I realize he is still here — but he cares so little about my child’s life that he would kick a woman for suggesting we do anything other than abort children like mine.

This incident has damaged so many people, including him. I pray this is a lesson learned, I pray this opens his eyes, I pray he opens his heart, and I pray that the Jordan I knew comes back some day. I also pray for his victim as she recovers from the trauma of this incident. And I pray for my daughter. I pray that some day, people will see her worth.

more at...
            http://www.savethe1.com/2018/10/05/j...shalyn-mcguin/

[reminder: this is prolife activism, it is not a place to debate abortion]
            I hope he understood that doing such a move, when it goes south, is not excused by an "I only meant to." You are still responsible for the action.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Stories like this hurt my heart. The "excuse" about the phone... so he didn't mean to assault her, only assault her property - while she's holding it, with a good chance she'd be in the way. Horrible man.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                You have a talent for understatement.
                I would prefer understatement to saying something i might regret.
                sigpic

Comment

From what I've heard, the part about him trying to kick the phone out of her hand but missing may have been from a fake Twitter account (I've heard people on both sides of the abortion debate acknowledge that). Based on the earlier incident, it appears he's just a violent person who wouldn't want to downplay what he did.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    From what I've heard, the part about him trying to kick the phone out of her hand but missing may have been from a fake Twitter account (I've heard people on both sides of the abortion debate acknowledge that). Based on the earlier incident, it appears he's just a violent person who wouldn't want to downplay what he did.
                    It's literally in the video. You can hear him yelling "I meant to kick your phone!" The fake Twitter account was spouting off about not regretting it and not actually meaning to kick the phone.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

It's easy enough to say, "I meant to kick your phone" when you know you have been recorded. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt for one second.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am just glad this woman decided to keep her baby even though it was from a rape. Something good can still come from an evil act. This new person is not responsible for the rape that created her and deserves a loving life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          That guy was rude.
                          more then rude he was evil.

Comment

I guess he listened to Eric “kick them” Holder.

Comment

Looks like justice is getting served.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X