Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voter ID Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think many Dems actually do want to help people - but they're generally the rank and file, not the movers and shakers.
    Yeah, I'll buy that - I work with quite a few Dems at the local food pantry, etc.... point taken and adopted!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Kemp is the republican secretary of state and is in control of voter registration at the same time he is running for Govenor. The "exact match" scheme is an obvious scam meant to suppress the democrat, partucularly the African American vote, which of course enhances his own chances of winning in this otherwise neck and neck race. He is now being asked to resign as secretary of state and the case is going to court. Just one more instance of the many ways republicans go about suppressing the vote of their opposition.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/politi...emp/index.html
      Kemp wants voter roles scrutinized after his opponent Stacey Abrams called on non-citizens to vote, saying in a recent speech that the "blue wave" will include "those who are documented and undocumented." Jim Sciutto, co-host of CNN Newsroom and Kaylee Hartung, for some odd reason, left that part out while they discussed the new voter registrations that have been put on hold because of problems with how the forms were filled out. At least Hartung did mention this can be easily corrected by simply showing up to vote on Election Day with a photo ID -- which is already required anyway.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

4 Indicted in ‘Voter Fraud Ring’ Allegedly Targeting Elderly Texans

Four North Texas women, allegedly members of an organized “voter fraud ring,” were indicted on 30 felony counts of voter fraud following an investigation by the Texas Attorney General.

The defendants were paid to target elderly voters in select northern Fort Worth precincts in a scheme to generate a large number of mail-in ballots and harvest them for specific candidates in 2016, according to a press release from the AG’s office.

The AG’s Election Fraud Unit said the women carried out their scheme by “seeding” or proliferating mail ballots to the targeted precincts through forged signatures, altering historical applications, and resubmitting them without the voter’s knowledge. The AG’s office did not state which candidate races this involved or how the fraudsters were compensated.

However, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the fraud largely affected the 2016 March Democratic Party primary election, according to the indictments.

Leticia Sanchez, 57, faces 17 counts of voter fraud, including marking one voter’s ballot without his consent and providing forged signatures for three people on March 2016 ballot applications, according to the Star-Telegram. Purportedly, she altered and submitted mail ballot applications for 13 people in Democratic Party primary races. None of these Tarrant County voters reportedly requested absentee ballots.

Leticia Sanchez Tepichin, 39, faces nine counts of voter fraud. She allegedly provided forged signatures on two mail-in ballot applications. Seven other charges alleged Tepichin solicited, encouraged, directed, aided, or attempted to aid others in altering and submitting false information on mail ballot applications in the 2016 March Democratic Party primary election. Again, voters did not apply for absentee ballots.

Maria Rosa Solis, 40, was charged on two counts for forged signatures on two early voting ballot applications in January 2016. Laura Parra, 24, faces one count for forging a signature on an early voting ballot application, say authorities.

“Ballots by mail are intended to make it easier for Texas seniors to vote. The unfortunate downside is their extreme vulnerability to fraud,” said Paxton. “My office is committed to ensuring that paid vote harvesters who fraudulently generate mail ballots, stealing votes from seniors, are held accountable for their despicable actions and for the damage they inflict on the electoral process.”

Paxton’s office explained, “When ballots are mailed out by the election offices, harvesters attempt to either intercept the ballots outright, or to ‘assist’ elderly voters in voting their ballots while ensuring that the votes are cast for the candidates of the harvesters’ choice. In most cases, the voters do not even know their votes have been stolen.”

Many of the defrauded seniors had to cancel their mail ballots and vote in person. The AG’s office noted “some were forced into receiving primary ballots for the party supported by the harvesters,” although this did not reflect the voters’ party of choice.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF), a national election integrity law firm, applauded Paxton for “excellent work” to prosecute an “organized voter fraud ring in North Texas.” The Foundation also advised: “Texas must build voter ID elements into the mail voting system to cut down on illegal ballot harvesting and assistance.”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...lderly-texans/

alternate sources for carp/jiml/et al:
        https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...219920740.html
        https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...ing-north-fort
        https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/4-...497239441.html

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Kemp wants voter roles scrutinized after his opponent Stacey Abrams called on non-citizens to vote, saying in a recent speech that the "blue wave" will include "those who are documented and undocumented." Jim Sciutto, co-host of CNN Newsroom and Kaylee Hartung, for some odd reason, left that part out while they discussed the new voter registrations that have been put on hold because of problems with how the forms were filled out. At least Hartung did mention this can be easily corrected by simply showing up to vote on Election Day with a photo ID -- which is already required anyway.
          No, Kemp wants to steal the election by suppressing the democratic vote just as he did in the past when the court struck his law down. Republicans are very devious in their operations, they establish these rules shortly before the election when they know the courts don't want to get involved. The registrations, a reported 53 thousand of them, that Kemp, who should have nothing to do with anyway, has put on hold, have been put on hold for simple errors committed by the registrars themselves when registering voters. Simple things such as a missing period or comma, and these simple errors, committed by the registrars on 53,000 registrations, just happen to be 70% African American. You can play dumb if you want, but the facts show you to be either playing dumb, or in reality, dumb.

Comment

No, Kemp wants to steal the election by suppressing the democratic vote just as he did in the past when the court struck his law down. Republicans are very devious in their operations, they establish these rules shortly before the election when they know the courts don't want to get involved. The registrations, a reported 53 thousand of them, that Kemp, who should have nothing to do with anyway, has put on hold, have been put on hold for simple errors committed by the registrars themselves when registering voters. Simple things such as a missing period or comma, and these simple errors, committed by the registrars on 53,000 registrations, just happen to be 70% African American. You can play dumb if you want, but the facts show you to be either playing dumb, or in reality, dumb.
            Wrong. The discrepancies were on driver's license numbers or social security numbers. Not commas or periods. Again, you lot show just how despicable of frauds you really are...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It was Republicans in Georgia who were responsible for establishing a voter ID system that eliminated all the excuses that the left had for opposing them.

If you claim you can't afford an ID, then one will be provided free of charge.

If you claim it is too inconvenient to go out and get one then they'll send folks to your residence and provide one -- again free of charge.

This way nobody can accurately claim that asking for an ID somehow equates to voter suppression, but some on the left still do. Of course their claims are baseless and pretty much demonstrate that the only "voter suppression" they are really concerned about is trying to stop attempts to reduce fraud.

Btw, the errors are not anything like what you pretend. It has nothing to do with missing commas and the like but Social Security and Driver's Licence numbers that don't match. They may very well be simple mistakes but these can easily be remedied by simply showing up to vote on Election Day with a photo ID -- which is already required anyway.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It was Republicans in Georgia who were responsible for establishing a voter ID system that eliminated all the excuses that the left had for opposing them.

If you claim you can't afford an ID, then one will be provided free of charge.

If you claim it is too inconvenient to go out and get one then they'll send folks to your residence and provide one -- again free of charge.

This way nobody can accurately claim that asking for an ID somehow equates to voter suppression, but some on the left still do. Of course their claims are baseless and pretty much demonstrate that the only "voter suppression" they are really concerned about is trying to stop attempts to reduce fraud.

Btw, the errors are not anything like what you pretend. It has nothing to do with missing commas and the like but Social Security and Driver's Licence numbers that don't match. They may very well be simple mistakes but these can easily be remedied by simply showing up to vote on Election Day with a photo ID -- which is already required anyway.
                Nope, I know that's what they tell you now, but "exact match" means "exact match" with everything, not just with ss and drivers licence numbers. That's why it's called the "exact match law," duh! It's also a fact that the majority of these withheld registrations are African American registrations and had it not been found out completely by accident, none of those whose registrations were put on hold would have known they needed to remedy the problem. They weren't informed. How dumb can you get!

Comment

They may very well be simple mistakes but these can easily be remedied by simply showing up to vote on Election Day with a photo ID -- which is already required anyway.
                  But that makes it harder to cheat disenfranchises voters!
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nope, I know that's what they tell you now, but "exact match" means "exact match" with everything, not just with ss and drivers licence numbers. That's why it's called the "exact match law," duh! It's also a fact that the majority of these withheld registrations are African American registrations and had it not been found out completely by accident, none of those whose registrations were put on hold would have known they needed to remedy the problem. They weren't informed. How dumb can you get!
                    Then blame the illiterate registrars who went door to door SPECIFICALLY in black-heavy neighborhoods.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Then blame the illiterate registrars who went door to door SPECIFICALLY in black-heavy neighborhoods.
                      No, I'll blame the person in charge, and that of course is Kemp who approved the whole thing. Could you people please start using your heads and stop acting like complete and utter morons, its making me ill just thinking of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        No, I'll blame the person in charge, and that of course is Kemp who approved the whole thing. Could you people please start using your heads and stop acting like complete and utter morons, its making me ill just thinking of it.
                        So, what, he's just supposed to turn a blind eye to registrations with significant errors?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Could you people please start using your heads and stop acting like complete and utter morons, its making me ill just thinking of it.
                          CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg

You've been knocking it out of the ballpark today, Jim.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, I'll blame the person in charge, and that of course is Kemp who approved the whole thing.
                            The Attorney General following the law? I'm sure that's a foreign concept to you clowns, but...

Could you people please start using your heads and stop acting like complete and utter morons, its making me ill just thinking of it.
                            These voter registration efforts are racist at their core. They target only minorities, and they unashamedly admit it. They intentionally eliminated any whites from their registration effort and targeted minorities with the sole intention of getting the Dem elected. it isn't about getting everyone to vote - it's about getting everyone to vote for the Democrat.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Simple things such as a missing period or comma, and these simple errors, committed by the registrars on 53,000 registrations, just happen to be 70% African American. You can play dumb if you want, but the facts show you to be either playing dumb, or in reality, dumb.
                              So basically you are calling blacks illiterate?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]32201[/ATTACH]

You've been knocking it out of the ballpark today, Jim.
                                and another 10 irony meter factories if not more just got destroyed by JimL today.

Comment