Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voter ID Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    What would you expect Kemp and republican officials to say: "Aw shucks, you caught us."
    Caught them doing what, idiot? Enforcing the law?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Caught them doing what, idiot? Enforcing the law?
      No dopey, legislating voter registration laws meant to suppress the oppositions vote, and then enforcing them. You guys really have to stop acting as if you are morons and can't understand anything or people are going start believing it's true.

Comment

No dopey, legislating voter registration laws meant to suppress the oppositions vote, and then enforcing them. You guys really have to stop acting as if you are morons and can't understand anything or people are going start believing it's true.
        Voter suppression - any law Democrats disapprove of that makes sure actual US citizens are the only ones voting because minorities, women, and the poor are too stupid to get ID’s and know the law.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Voter suppression - any law Democrats disapprove of that makes sure actual US citizens are the only ones voting because minorities, women, and the poor are too stupid to get ID’s and know the law.
          It's somewhere between your extreme here and JimL's. It is a fact that Republicans try to take advantage of the uneducated and poor by pushing new 'validation' laws or, in some cases, out and out intimidation campaigns like 'reminders' of the potential consequences of voting illegally targeting predominantly black or other minority/poorer areas. OTOH, it is silly to resist any and all attempts to validate the citizenship of a voter based on the assumption poor or uneducated voters are unable to secure proper ID.

Both sides have made this a problem in the cycle of events. But the truth is, it started a long time ago with attempts to keep blacks (and women) out of the voting booths. Once the dishonest tactics began, however, a cycle has ensued with some trying to suppress black, minority and women vote inciting a response which tries to magnify the same, sometimes at the expense of legitimacy (though most studies show the number if illegitimate voters is far smaller than the number disenfranchised by the former efforts), which energizes attempts to validate the voters ad infinitum.

The way this stops is when and if both sides stop playing stupid games and people like yourself stop trying to paint the other side as demons. There are legitimate complaints on both sides of the isle, but if one is honest one has to recognize and accept that the majority push historically has been to disenfranchise the black and female vote. And if one doesn't accept and acknowledge that fact on the side pushing for more reliable methods of identification, the problem can't be solved.

Jim
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-23-2018, 07:59 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Voter suppression - any law Democrats disapprove of that makes sure actual US citizens are the only ones voting because minorities, women, and the poor are too stupid to get IDÂ’s and know the law.
            Like sending out mailers, fake mailers, to democrat voters telling them to remember to go and vote on Nov. 8th. Like closing polling stations in democratic districts, like eliminating Sunday voting because black democrat voters get on buses together to go and vote, "souls to the polls. Closing registration offices, making it as difficult as possible to even register. Like making college students return to their home state in order to vote. Like deleting names from the registration rolls for no good reason without informing those they deleted, and now this bs from Georgia of puting on hold registrations that are not exact matches such as a hyphon or comma is missing on the form and doesn't match the voters ID exactly, an error by the way made by the republican registrar. It goes on and on, something new every election cycle. I mean, I know you people aren't really that dumb to not know what is really going on here, but what does that make you though? Liars, for one thing, which I guess explains why you are supporters of Trump, the liar and chief. But then again, that would mean you really are that dumb!
            Last edited by JimL; 10-23-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Like sending out mailers, fake mailers, to democrat voters telling them to remember to go and vote on Nov. 8th. Like closing polling stations in democratic districts, like eliminating Sunday voting because black democrat voters get on buses together to go and vote, "souls to the polls. Closing registration offices, making it as difficult as possible to even register. Like making college students return to their home state in order to vote. Like deleting names from the registration rolls for no good reason without informing those they deleted, and now this bs from Georgia of puting on hold registrations that are not exact matches such as a hyphon or comma is missing on the form and doesn't match the voters ID exactly, an error by the way made by the republican registrar. I mean, I know you people aren't really that dumb to not know what is really going on here, but what does that make you though? Liars, for one thing, which I guess explains why you are supporters of Trump, the liar and chief. But then again, that would mean you really are that dumb!
              It is my experience that most Republicans are not aware of the blatant tactics used by Republican leaders in their states to try to suppress black or minority votes. And that often they react to such accusations with such disbelief as to be unable to believe that such reports are not fabrications.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-23-2018, 08:19 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                It is my experience that most Republicans are not aware of the blatant tactics used by Republican leaders in their states to try to suppress black or minority votes.

Jim
                You may be right, but the republicans here on tweb have certainly been informed of it time and time again and yet they still deny it, excuse it as necessary, rather than denouncing it. I'm sure there may be a few, but I have yet to hear a republican anywhere who tells it like it is and denounces these tactics for what they are.

Comment

That the "opposition" hired illiterate morons to collect registration data and can't as much as spell correctly isn't Republican fault. And in this specific instance, Kemp has done MUCH to encourage voting. And made it pretty easy to fix these registrations that are in error. But, hey... facts again...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Like sending out mailers, fake mailers, to democrat voters telling them to remember to go and vote on Nov. 8th.
                    Linky?

Dems did the same thing in Georgia. In Missouri, the Repubs even mistakenly sent out 10K to REPUBLICAN voters with the wrong day.

Like closing polling stations in democratic districts,
                    Which can be easily overcome by absentee ballot, which already is a majority of minority voters.

like eliminating Sunday voting because black democrat voters get on buses together to go and vote, "souls to the polls.
                    Organized by... tada... the New Georgia Project... and also voted DOWN by the Republican-controlled Senate of Georgia.

Closing registration offices, making it as difficult as possible to even register.
                    There's a phone app for that.

Like making college students return to their home state in order to vote.
                    As it should be! They should not be allowed to absentee ballot in their home state and also vote in person in the state they go to school! You are not a resident of that state.

Like deleting names from the registration rolls for no good reason without informing those they deleted,
                    Riiiiggghhhtttt....

and now this bs from Georgia of puting on hold registrations that are not exact matches such as a hyphon or comma is missing on the form and doesn't match the voters ID exactly,
                    Absolutely wrong. The SSN or driver's license numbers are different. And clearing that up happens right there at the polls as they sign in to vote, so holding the registrations is procedural at best with absolutely ZERO effective ability to hinder a vote for legitimate residents.

an error by the way made by the republican registrar.
                    Wrong again. The errors were made by the New Georgia Project

It goes on and on, something new every election cycle.
                    The excuses from the left do keep on and on, don't they? Voting is easy. Absentee ballots are simple to get. Registrations are easy on a cell phone or at a registration location, like a post office.

I mean, I know you people aren't really that dumb to not know what is really going on here, but what does that make you though? Liars, for one thing, which I guess explains why you are supporters of Trump, the liar and chief. But then again, that would mean you really are that dumb!
                    And I can see how you are uber paranoid and gullible and can't handle the fact that any effort to secure voting will immediately be (typically wrongly) construed by the left as "suppression"... It's no wonder you are a leftist. Victim mentality and hatred for the rule of law...
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Linky?

Dems did the same thing in Georgia. In Missouri, the Repubs even mistakenly sent out 10K to REPUBLICAN voters with the wrong day.

Which can be easily overcome by absentee ballot, which already is a majority of minority voters.

Organized by... tada... the New Georgia Project... and also voted DOWN by the Republican-controlled Senate of Georgia.

There's a phone app for that.

As it should be! They should not be allowed to absentee ballot in their home state and also vote in person in the state they go to school! You are not a resident of that state.

Riiiiggghhhtttt....

Absolutely wrong. The SSN or driver's license numbers are different. And clearing that up happens right there at the polls as they sign in to vote, so holding the registrations is procedural at best with absolutely ZERO effective ability to hinder a vote for legitimate residents.

Wrong again. The errors were made by the New Georgia Project

The excuses from the left do keep on and on, don't they? Voting is easy. Absentee ballots are simple to get. Registrations are easy on a cell phone or at a registration location, like a post office.

And I can see how you are uber paranoid and gullible and can't handle the fact that any effort to secure voting will immediately be (typically wrongly) construed by the left as "suppression"... It's no wonder you are a leftist. Victim mentality and hatred for the rule of law...
                      Yes, we are all aware of the excuses that you unprincipled defenders make for your unprincipled leaders, unfortunately for you they themselves have been caught admitting that suppressing the democratic vote was their intent all along. A congressman in Pa. admitted to it a few years back, got caught on tape, and Kemp, as if it wasn't obvious, was just caught on tape basically admitting the same thing. "I fear losing, it continues to concern us if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote."

In 2017 Kemp cut a half a million people off the rolls, 107,000 of them, simply because they didn't vote in the last election and of course he did this without informing them. Now this year, he put on hold 53,000 registered voters without informing them that they were on hold, that there was a problem that needed fixing, and 70% of those put on hold just happen to be black, even though Georgia itself is only 30% black. Don't be an ignorant dupe!

Btw, Kemp was also asked at the debate last night if the election went to a recount would he recuse himself of being in charge of that recount as secretary of state. He said no, of course.

So, you guys can continue to play dumb, if indeed you are just playing, but it is obvious to all honest and intelligent people that the Republican legislatures intent is in finding different ways thoughout the country to suppress the democrat vote. It's sort of like the healthcare debate going on now in which Republicans running for office are all of a sudden yapping about how they are all for insurance companies being forced to cover preconditions even though they all, each and every one of them, voted against that and are actually suing the government in order to end that law. And of course, you idiots will vote agaist your own best interests in that case as well.
                      Last edited by JimL; 10-24-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Yes, we are all aware of the excuses that you unprincipled defenders make for your unprincipled leaders,
                        Pot... kettle.

unfortunately for you they themselves have been caught admitting that suppressing the democratic vote was their intent all along. A congressman in Pa. admitted to it a few years back, got caught on tape, and Kemp, as if it wasn't obvious, was just caught on tape basically admitting the same thing. "I fear losing, it continues to concern us if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote."
                        Then that PERSON needs to be held accountable. It's not a Republican platform item to suppress votes. So quit acting like it is. Unlike you, we welcome cleaning out those that break the law.

In 2017 Kemp cut a half a million people off the rolls, 107,000 of them, simply because they didn't vote in the last election and of course he did this without informing them.
                        That's not true at all. If they were still residents of Georgia, they received notices. In fact, my best friend was removed because he now lives in Texas. His dad got the notice.

Now this year, he put on hold 53,000 registered voters without informing them that they were on hold,
                        Lies. Notifications were sent out. And being on hold is merely procedural and does not in ANY way stop anyone from voting.

that there was a problem that needed fixing, and 70% of those put on hold just happen to be black,
                        Because they were predominantly black people who got registered. Simple math, stupid. If you register 100 people and 90 are black, and you put 10 on hold, what do you think predominantly will be the race of those registrations on hold?

even though Georgia itself is only 30% black.
                        Which has nothing to do with nothing. But if you want to flip that around, Georgia is only 30% black, but the registrations were 80% black.

tumblr_nn49fkyFgi1rnzz12o1_400.gif

Btw, Kemp was also asked at the debate last night if the election went to a recount would he recuse himself of being in charge of that recount as secretary of state. He said no, of course.
                        So what? It's his job to oversee recounts. you DO know what a job is, right??

So, you guys can continue to play dumb, if indeed you are just playing, but it is obvious to all honest and intelligent people that the Republican legislatures intent is in finding different ways thoughout the country to suppress the democrat vote.
                        Lies. IF these isolated incidents were planned, they should be handled appropriately.

It's sort of like the healthcare debate going on now in which Republicans running for office are all of a sudden yapping about how they are all for insurance companies being forced to cover preconditions even though they all, each and every one of them, voted against that and are actually suing the government in order to end that law.
                        Lies.

Source: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3388/text

“SEC. 197. Prohibiting discrimination against individual participants and beneficiaries based on health status.

“(a) In general.—A group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish rules for eligibility (including continued eligibility) of any individual to enroll under the terms of the plan or coverage based on any of the following health status-related factors in relation to the individual or a dependent of the individual:
                        “(1) Health status.
                        “(2) Medical condition (including both physical and mental illnesses).
                        “(3) Claims experience.
                        “(4) Receipt of health care.
                        “(5) Medical history.
                        “(6) Genetic information.
                        “(7) Evidence of insurability (including conditions arising out of acts of domestic violence).
                        “(8) Disability.
                        “(9) Any other health status-related factor determined appropriate by the Secretary.

© Copyright Original Source

And of course, you idiots will vote against your own best interests in that case as well.
                        I work for a living and pay my medical insurance. I will be eligible for Tricare because I am a retiree when I hit 58, so I'm covered there too. My "best interests" are covered.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Pot... kettle.

Then that PERSON needs to be held accountable. It's not a Republican platform item to suppress votes. So quit acting like it is. Unlike you, we welcome cleaning out those that break the law.

That's not true at all. If they were still residents of Georgia, they received notices. In fact, my best friend was removed because he now lives in Texas. His dad got the notice.

Lies. Notifications were sent out. And being on hold is merely procedural and does not in ANY way stop anyone from voting.

Because they were predominantly black people who got registered. Simple math, stupid. If you register 100 people and 90 are black, and you put 10 on hold, what do you think predominantly will be the race of those registrations on hold?

Which has nothing to do with nothing. But if you want to flip that around, Georgia is only 30% black, but the registrations were 80% black.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32472[/ATTACH]

So what? It's his job to oversee recounts. you DO know what a job is, right??

Lies. IF these isolated incidents were planned, they should be handled appropriately.

Lies.

Source: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3388/text

“SEC. 197. Prohibiting discrimination against individual participants and beneficiaries based on health status.

“(a) In general.—A group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish rules for eligibility (including continued eligibility) of any individual to enroll under the terms of the plan or coverage based on any of the following health status-related factors in relation to the individual or a dependent of the individual:
                          “(1) Health status.
                          “(2) Medical condition (including both physical and mental illnesses).
                          “(3) Claims experience.
                          “(4) Receipt of health care.
                          “(5) Medical history.
                          “(6) Genetic information.
                          “(7) Evidence of insurability (including conditions arising out of acts of domestic violence).
                          “(8) Disability.
                          “(9) Any other health status-related factor determined appropriate by the Secretary.

© Copyright Original Source

I work for a living and pay my medical insurance. I will be eligible for Tricare because I am a retiree when I hit 58, so I'm covered there too. My "best interests" are covered.
                          That's not a law you dope and they all campaigned on and voted to repeal the ACC, which is the law, the law in which preexisting conditions are covered. Republicans have no such framework, and obviously have no intention to create one in which pre-existing conditions are covered. The fact is that you have a whole slew of republican candidates right now who voted to repeal the ACC, the preexisting conditions, as well as supporting their states ongoing law suits against the ACC, signing their names to it, who are out there blatantly lying to the voters about how much they love and support the law that forbids insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. They are lying hypocrites, and you are an idiot if you believe them the same way you believe their leader, our liar and chief.
                          Last edited by JimL; 10-24-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

That's not a law you dope and they all campaigned on and voted to repeal the ACC, which is the law, the law in which preexisting conditions are covered.
                            That's not why they campaigned against it, you idiot!! They campaigned against the individual mandate and the mandatory coverages that people didn't need. The need to forbid denial because of pre-existing conditions was never disputed.

Republicans have no such framework, and obviously have no intention to create one in which pre-existing conditions are covered.
                            The bill I cited above begs to differ.

The fact is that you have a whole slew of republican candidates right now who voted to repeal the ACC, the preexisting conditions, as well as supporting their states ongoing law suits against the ACC, signing their names to it, who are out there blatantly lying to the voters about how much they love and support the law that forbids insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. They are lying hypocrites, and you are an idiot if you believe them the same way you believe their leader, our liar and chief.
                            Sorry, stupid... that's not why the ACA was such a disaster and why it was campaigned against. But facts never visit your neck of the woods, do they? Republicans bad! Democrats good!
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sorry, stupid... that's not why the ACA was such a disaster and why it was campaigned against. But facts never visit your neck of the woods, do they? Republicans bad! Democrats good!
                              I note JimL didn't even bother attempting to respond to the material which was on-topic for the thread.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                I note JimL didn't even bother attempting to respond to the material which was on-topic for the thread.
                                And you noted this without the least bit of shock or surprise, no doubt.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment