Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kanye West the Token Negro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Ok, I think it is fair to conclude that you have got no arguments or at least you are unwilling to share them and go for personal attacks instead. You could not show an instance of you discussing what is right and wrong in and of itself. Quite telling. Personal attacks wont help your case.
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post583215

and then:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post583666

the fact that you haven't addressed his documented arguments means you are unwilling to discuss the issue raised in the OP.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Ok, I think it is fair to conclude that you have got no arguments or at least you are unwilling to share them and go for personal attacks instead. You could not show an instance of you discussing what is right and wrong in and of itself. Quite telling. Personal attacks wont help your case.
      Translation: I don't have an answer to the arguments you make so I need to derail this thread in hopes that people won't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        Translation: I don't have an answer to the arguments you make so I need to derail this thread in hopes that people won't notice.
        Nah. Charles isn't here to provide answers. He's here to nag the right. Yes, Charles, I know. You're minded to accuse me of name-calling here. Will you go ahead and prove my prediction right, even after you've seen this?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Nah. Charles isn't here to provide answers. He's here to nag the right. Yes, Charles, I know. You're minded to accuse me of name-calling here. Will you go ahead and prove my prediction right, even after you've seen this?
          In otherwords he is here to hold the water for the likes of Starlight, Tass, and JimL so they don't have to admit they can't reply to the facts and arguments Rogue made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            And you don't even realize how racist your statement is, do you?
            I'm not racist, whereas Trump has a long history of making racially controversial remarks and taking racist actions. I referred to some, there are many other well documented examples.

In otherwords he is here to hold the water for the likes of Starlight, Tass, and JimL so they don't have to admit they can't reply to the facts and arguments Rogue made.
            Rogue didn't make an argument. He did his usual filibuster of selected statements to support his case on his usual false notion that' lots and lots of words make him right.
            Last edited by Tassman; 10-15-2018, 08:28 PM.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Rogue didn't make an argument. He did his usual filibuster of selected statements to support his case on his usual false notion that' lots and lots of words make him right.
              This is spectacularly off base. I notice you didn't bother to refute his statements or introduce contrary mitigating facts, but went straight to misrepresentation and fallacious accusation.

I'll wait patiently for Charles to nanny you regarding that.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, he's not here for that.

sigpic

Comment

Rogue didn't make an argument, he just provided a bunch of statements trying to make his case.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

This is spectacularly off base. I notice you didn't bother to refute his statements or introduce contrary mitigating facts, but went straight to misrepresentation and fallacious accusation.

I'll wait patiently for Charles to nanny you regarding that.
                    Might as well wait for the hot place to have a snow storm.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is up to rogue to summarise his cherry-picked 30+ paragraph diatribe. If this was a university thesis or essay he would be failed, because he's not even pretending to provide a balanced argument. He's attempting, as he so often does, to beat the rest of us into submission.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Rogue didn't make an argument, he just provided a bunch of statements trying to make his case.
                        Which they won't even try to refute or counter simply because they know that they can't. So instead they whine that I provide way too much evidence to support my case or like chuckles, flail about desperately trying to change the subject.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not racist,
                          That's what all you racists say. Next you will tell us that some of your best friends are black.

Comment

You are making it worse by engaging him and talking about him. Just ignore him or move the nanny posts to Chuck's Car.

Comment

It is up to rogue to summarise his cherry-picked 30+ paragraph diatribe. If this was a university thesis or essay he would be failed, because he's not even pretending to provide a balanced argument. He's attempting, as he so often does, to beat the rest of us into submission.
                              So, in your opinion, rogue's presentation is both too long AND too short!

I'm beginning to question your intelligence, Tassman, because you complain something that fits into a single post here is so long you need a summary and can't even seem to understand what rogue is doing with his presentation. The irony of your parting accusation is rich, given your penchant for repeating the same thing in post after post in quite emphatic terms.

sigpic

Comment

So, in your opinion, rogue's presentation is both too long AND too short!

I'm beginning to question your intelligence, Tassman, because you complain something that fits into a single post here is so long you need a summary and can't even seem to understand what rogue is doing with his presentation. The irony of your parting accusation is rich, given your penchant for repeating the same thing in post after post in quite emphatic terms.
                                really. This is a debate thread not an essay. It is up to Tassman to argue the other point of view if he doesn't like what rogue said.

But we all know he can't do that, so whine, whine, whine. Ad hominem rather than cogent response to the points.

Comment