Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kanye West the Token Negro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West the Token Negro

Just ask CNN...

CNN Panel Mocks Kanye West as Trump’s ‘Token Negro'

A CNN panel hosted by anchor Don Lemon took turns lacing into Kanye West on Tuesday evening, joking that his embrace of President Donald Trump has caused him to be tokenized. Several referred to him using the term “negro.”

“He’s an attention whore, like the president. He’s all of a sudden now the model spokesperson. He’s the token negro of the Trump administration,” said CNN contributor Tara Setmeyer.

“This is ridiculous and no one should be taking Kanye West seriously. He clearly has issues. He’s already been hospitalized,” she continued. “Not to trivialize mental health issues, [but] obviously Kanye has taken a turn in a very strange way.”
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just ask CNN...

CNN Panel Mocks Kanye West as Trump’s ‘Token Negro'

A CNN panel hosted by anchor Don Lemon took turns lacing into Kanye West on Tuesday evening, joking that his embrace of President Donald Trump has caused him to be tokenized. Several referred to him using the term “negro.”

“He’s an attention whore, like the president. He’s all of a sudden now the model spokesperson. He’s the token negro of the Trump administration,” said CNN contributor Tara Setmeyer.

“This is ridiculous and no one should be taking Kanye West seriously. He clearly has issues. He’s already been hospitalized,” she continued. “Not to trivialize mental health issues, [but] obviously Kanye has taken a turn in a very strange way.”
    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Remember, kids... Racism is Bad, mmmkay? The Left doesn't Endorse Racism*

*Unless they're a minority person who disagrees with us on the Left... then fire all known relevant racial slurs towards them

Last edited by Chaotic Void; 10-11-2018, 12:13 AM. Reason: Needed Sarcasm Tags
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Remember, kids... Racism is Bad, mmmkay? The Left doesn't Endorse Racism*

*Unless they're a minority person who disagrees with us on the Left... then fire all known relevant racial slurs towards them

Condoleezza Rice, Michael Steele and others can testify to that. If you dare leave the plantation that the nice Democrats established for you then racial slurs are not only acceptable but seemingly required.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think Kanye is a complete idiot for a lot of reasons, but this is going too far. Apparently it's ok to be racist as long as the black person is conservative.

Comment

Why is any of this a surprise?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            It isn't, at least in my case. Having talked with a friend of mine, this has been status quo for quite some time.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              That part isn't the surprise. What surprised me was how long it took for them to go there...
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

That's rich coming from Don Lemon, a being more marionette than man
                "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                  That's rich coming from Don Lemon, a being more marionette than man
                  It's really good to have you back and posting here hamster. I've missed your short and witty comments. I'd post a emote, but my toxic masculinity won't allow it.

Comment

thanks. Not to derail the thread, I've been popping in here and there. Lots of trials in the last eight years but I'm trying to keep at least a tenuous grasp on contact with the outside world
                    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                      thanks. Not to derail the thread, I've been popping in here and there. Lots of trials in the last eight years but I'm trying to keep at least a tenuous grasp on contact with the outside world
                      I'm SO pleased to see you, hammy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        The Kanye West-Jim Brown lunch with Trump today was a disaster. If you weren't embarrassed by it then you are beyond embarrassment.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/11/65656...he-oval-office
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          The Kanye West-Jim Brown lunch with Trump today was a disaster.
                          Because you're a racist.

If you weren't embarrassed by it then you are beyond embarrassment.
                          The foul language offended your poor little sensibilities? Need a safe place? A hug?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            The Kanye West-Jim Brown lunch with Trump today was a disaster.
                            Why?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Why?
                              Because black men are escaping the plantation?

Comment