Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kanye West the Token Negro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    "Kayne West the Token Negro."

The problem here is that the left won't condemn this rampant behavior likely because they see it as a valuable tool for keeping what they essentially regard as their property in line and obedient.
    Oh please, rampant behavior. We all know to which party the blatant white racist belong, and so do the targets of their racism know. Blacks don't vote 90 some odd percent democrat because they are stupid like you seem to think, they vote democrat because they aren't fooled by your rhetorical BS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Oh please, rampant behavior. We all know to which party the blatant white racist belong, and so do the targets of their racism know. Blacks don't vote 90 some odd percent democrat because they are stupid like you seem to think, they vote democrat because they aren't fooled by your rhetorical BS.
      Trump has a history of making controversial racial remarks and taking actions widely seen as playing upon racial anxieties: Charlottesville, the Central Park five, birtherism, housing discrimination against black renters etc. He has a long history of racism as did his father.

Now he needs the black vote and Kanye West is invited to the WH. So yes, he IS the token negro.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Your faux moral clucking is an empty noise void of significance yet full of wanton, willful ignorance. I have told you this many times and in many ways but you continue to ignore it.
        If only you were able to provide some moral thinking that was not relativistic I would consider your claims. But it is relativism each and every time. Must be frustrating to have to rely on that.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Their "moral reality" is whatever they say it is, because god is on their side.
          It reminded me of Bob Dylan's lyrics on the track called "With God on our side":

Through many a dark hour
          I've been thinkin' about this
          That Jesus Christ was
          Betrayed by a kiss
          But I can't think for you
          You'll have to decide
          Whether Judas Iscariot
          Had God on his side.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            It reminded me of Bob Dylan's lyrics on the track called "With God on our side":
            One of my favourite songs, by one of my favourite artists and the complete lyrics reinforce the point being made.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              One of my favourite songs, by one of my favourite artists and the complete lyrics reinforce the point being made.
              Yes, it is a very interesting song with well thought out lyrics:

One push of the button
              And a shot the world wide
              And you never ask questions
              When God's on your side

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Calling out Kanye for his being a bit of a nut case is no more racist than when we call you out for being an empty headed big mouthed. That conservatives always want to make a non racial discussion out to be a racial one makes me thinks "they dost protest to much."
                Sorry, Jimmy, but the left laid the ground rules during Obama's time in office that any criticism of him could only be rooted in racism. We're just throwing that standard back in your face.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Sorry, Jimmy, but the left laid the ground rules during Obama's time in office that any criticism of him could only be rooted in racism. We're just throwing that standard back in your face.
                  Well it's too bad that your party is infested with racists and the only way you know how to deal with it is to reach back into childhood and falsely accuse your accusers of the same. "I know you are but what am I." African Americans aren't stupid, they know who the racists are MM, which is why they vote democrat, and it is also why the leaders of the racist republican are scrambling every election cycle in an effort to stop African Americans from voting.

Comment

Well it's too bad that your party is infested with racists and the only way you know how to deal with it is to reach back into childhood and falsely accuse your accusers of the same. "I know you are but what am I." African Americans aren't stupid, they know who the racists are MM, which is why they vote democrat, and it is also why the leaders of the racist republican are scrambling every election cycle in an effort to stop African Americans from voting.
                    Racist - anyone who is not a democrat.

That’s the true definition of racism or sexism for that matter. Try being one of the groups that Democrats consider theirs that is not on their side and watch the racist and sexist comments roll in from the party of ‘tolerence,’
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Based on this meeting, Kanye West reminds me a lot of Bono. They are both earnest musicians without clear partisan loyalties who want to express many opinions. George W. Bush famously had to pound his hand on the table just to get a word in edgewise over him when they met in the White House. And both West and Bono are egotistical, of course.

I believe Mr. West is 100% correct to be opposed to stop and frisk. I don't see how that policy is constitutional.
                      Last edited by KingsGambit; 10-14-2018, 10:21 AM.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Based on this meeting, Kanye West reminds me a lot of Bono. They are both earnest musicians without clear partisan loyalties who want to express many opinions. George W. Bush famously had to pound his hand on the table just to get a word in edgewise over him when they met in the White House. And both West and Bono are egotistical, of course.

I believe Mr. West is 100% correct to be opposed to stop and frisk. I don't see how that policy is constitutional.
                        On Blue Bloods, Commissioner Reagan always corrects the phrase as "Stop, QUESTION and Frisk".

(I'm assuming that's to establish probable cause)
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I also believe that Mr. West is 100% correct when he says that blacks who think that voting Democrat is always in their best interests are naive.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            If only you were able to provide some moral thinking that was not relativistic I would consider your claims. But it is relativism each and every time. Must be frustrating to have to rely on that.
                            This has nothing whatsoever to do with relativism of any sort but like a small child who learned a polysyllabic word and is eager to impress the grown ups with how smart they are you incessantly keep using it even when its not appropriate revealing that you have no concept what the word you keep slinging about means.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I mentioned only three people but you have Tass whining up a storm about how long the post was. That ought to give an indication about just how rampant it is.

And when you keep offering free stuff to folks it is no surprise that they'll vote for more. A shame maybe, but not a surprise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This has nothing whatsoever to do with relativism of any sort but like a small child who learned a polysyllabic word and is eager to impress the grown ups with how smart they are you incessantly keep using it even when its not appropriate revealing that you have no concept what the word you keep slinging about means.
                                And when relativism will not work you can always attack the person.

I'd be interested if you could provide an example of you discussing what is right or wrong about Trump's actions instead of you discussing what others did that was worse. I am asking you to provide a line of reasoning that discusses what is right or wrong in and of itself, not what Hillary, Obame, the liberals or whomever did that was worse. Or it could be any other example of you discussing what is right or wrong in and of itself, not what some particular group that you disagree with did wrong. Looking forward.
                                Last edited by Charles; 10-14-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment