Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Prophecy - The Jewish, Assyrian, and Egyptian people will persist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prophecy - The Jewish, Assyrian, and Egyptian people will persist

"In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing j on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, 'Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.' " (Isaiah 19:24–25)

So there will be Egyptian, Assyrian, and Jewish people until the time this statement comes true.

"Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it;
    Yes, let him recount it to Me in order,
    From the time that I established the ancient nation.
    And let them declare to them the things that are coming
    And the events that are going to take place.
    Do not tremble and do not be afraid;
    Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?
    And you are My witnesses.
    Is there any God besides Me,
    Or is there any other Rock?
    I know of none." (Isaiah 44:7-8)

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Most Egyptians are ethnically ancient Egyptians! I didn't know that, I thought they were mostly Arabic.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

The Chinese, Japanese, Celts, African tribes, Mongols, and many of the Native American Tribes have persisted. Native American tribes have persisted under unbelievably difficult circumstances. In Spain Catalans, Galicians and Basques have survived since before any recorded history.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

All right, so let's say one of these nations surviving for thousands of years is somewhat improbable, say 10%. So then the probability of all these three nations surviving is .1%, which would be remarkable. Especially since the Assyrians don't have a homeland, and the Jewish nation went without a homeland for about 2000 years, and groups tried time and again to eradicate the Jewish people.

With cunning they conspire against your people;
        they plot against those you cherish.
        “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation,
        so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.” Ps 83:3–4

Blessings,
        Lee

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
          All right, so let's say one of these nations surviving for thousands of years is somewhat improbable, say 10%. So then the probability of all these three nations surviving is .1%, which would be remarkable. Especially since the Assyrians don't have a homeland, and the Jewish nation went without a homeland for about 2000 years, and groups tried time and again to eradicate the Jewish people.

With cunning they conspire against your people;
          they plot against those you cherish.
          “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation,
          so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.” Ps 83:3–4

Blessings,
          Lee
          The chances of survival are much much greater than you describe.

China, Mongols, Koreans and Japan at least has survived for more than 2,500 years continuously. There have been efforts to eradicate the Korans by China and Japan ging back to ancient history. The Native American tribal Nations survive despite concentrated efforts to eradicate them. There are many more cultures that have survive since Neolithic times.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-14-2018, 08:53 AM.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            The chances of survival are much much greater than you describe.
            Well, let's say 50%, then the probability of all three surviving is only 12.5%.

China, Mongols, Koreans and Japan at least has survived for more than 2,500 years continuously. There have been efforts to eradicate the Korans by China and Japan ging back to ancient history. The Native American tribal Nations survive despite concentrated efforts to eradicate them. There are many more cultures that have survive since Neolithic times.
            I think the Chinese and Japanese wanted to rule the Koreans, though, not eliminate them. And how many of these cultures have lost their homeland? And still maintained their national identity.

Blessings,
            Lee

Comment

Well, let's say 50%, then the probability of all three surviving is only 12.5%.
              Disagree, considering the survival of the Native American Nations, the odds are much greater. Actually most ancient cultures survived in one form or another in the modern world.

I think the Chinese and Japanese wanted to rule the Koreans, though, not eliminate them. And how many of these cultures have lost their homeland? And still maintained their national identity.
              Ruling was enslavement and displacement of the Koreans by Japanese.

Frank

Comment

Ruling was enslavement and displacement of the Koreans by Japanese.
                To add: Japanese actually tried three times to invade and enslave Korea, yet the Koreans now rule their own country though divided.

Your percentages are an illusion based on a religious agenda.

Frank

Comment

Disagree, considering the survival of the Native American Nations, the odds are much greater.
                  But they weren't scattered among the nations like the Jewish people.

Actually most ancient cultures survived in one form or another in the modern world.
                  I would disagree, where are the Sumerians? The Hittites? The Chinese and the Egyptians are probably the most ancient nations present nowadays, and their longevity has been remarkable.

Your percentages are an illusion based on a religious agenda.
                  Well, let's say 80% probable for a nation to survive 1000 years, even with other nations trying to get rid of it, even with loss of homeland, I think that's generous. So these nations surviving 3000 years is a 13% probability. And some of these nations have survived for around 4000 years or more.

Blessings,
                  Lee
                  Last edited by lee_merrill; 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Well, let's say 80% probable for a nation to survive 1000 years, even with other nations trying to get rid of it, even with loss of homeland, I think that's generous.
                    I don't. As was demonstrated during your claims that the Roman Empire still exists and the city of Tyre doesn't - you will pick whatever criteria are necessary for 'survival', even if it means using different criteria for each country and ignoring, misrepresenting or flat-out lying about the historical, geographical and sociological evidence. Since nothing short of continental subduction and the global extinction of humanity would convince you that a country you want to exist no longer exists, the probability of a country surviving 1000 years is 100%, and the probability of these nations surviving 3000 years is also 100%.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

But they weren't scattered among the nations like the Jewish people.
                      Oh, but they were. The people of many nations conquered their homeland, and they are now scattered among the people of those conquering nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
                        Oh, but they were. The people of many nations conquered their homeland, and they are now scattered among the people of those conquering nations.
                        Whose homeland did you mean? But that would make it less probable that the nation would survive.

Blessings,
                        Lee

Comment

Whose homeland did you mean?
                          The homeland of the aboriginal Americans, the people called "Indians" by their conquerors.

But that would make it less probable that the nation would survive.
                          There were many Indian nations. Who says none of them survived?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
                            There were many Indian nations. Who says none of them survived?
                            I don't say that, certainly. I am saying that an 80% chance of a nation surviving for 1000 years is a conservative estimate, especially if the nation has been placed under the stress of being scattered among the other nations, and the stress of being persecuted.

Blessings,
                            Lee

Comment