Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Released US pastor Andrew Brunson returns to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released US pastor Andrew Brunson returns to US

Released US pastor Andrew Brunson returns to US

pastor released.jpg

Washington (CNN)American pastor Andrew Brunson thanked President Trump for the administration's work to free him from a Turkish prison during an Oval Office news conference Saturday afternoon, a few hours after he arrived at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington, DC.

The President introduced Brunson and praised his resilience throughout the two years he spent in jail.

"I just want to congratulate you because you have galvanized this country," Trump said. "There's so much interest, and it's your faith, it's your strength, what you've done, gone through."

Trump also thanked Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for facilitating Brunson's return.

"I do want to thank President Erdogan for making this possible," Trump said. "It wasn't easy, it wasn't easy for him."

After introducing his family, Brunson thanked Trump for working to negotiate his release "from the time you took office."

"We especially want to thank the administration, they really fought for us, unusually so," Brunson said, addressing the President. "From the time you took office, I know that you've been engaged."

and
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.