Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes she did.

Source: Voters Shrug at Revelations of Ethnic Claim in Senate Race

(2012) The facts, as they have dribbled out, are these: Ms. Warren has in the past claimed an American Indian lineage, though she has no tangible proof of it. A genealogist who initially said he had discovered that she might be one thirty-second Cherokee subsequently said he could not locate the original documents.

She listed herself in a legal directory in the 1980s and ’90s as a minority in what critics say was an attempt to advance her academic career. In 1996, a Harvard official described her to The Harvard Crimson as a Native American. A Fordham University law review article in 1997 quoted that same official as saying she was Harvard’s “first woman of color.” In 2005, a decade after she left the University of Pennsylvania, it listed her as one of eight “minorities” who had won a particular award.

Ms. Warren has said she learned through “family lore” that she was descended from the Cherokee and Delaware tribes. She has said she listed herself in the legal directory as a minority in order to meet people like herself, though the listing did not specify her ethnicity. She has said she was unaware that Harvard and other colleges had put her forth as a diversity hire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/u...ay-voters.html

© Copyright Original Source

Source: Elizabeth Warren Repeats Her False Claims of Native American Ancestry in New Book

(2014) Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) repeats her false claims of Native American ancestry in her new book, A Fighting Chance, which is scheduled for release next Tuesday.

“As a kid, I had learned about my Native American background the same way every kid learns about who they are: from family,” Senator Warren writes in an excerpt published Wednesday in the Boston Globe.

Senator Warren then repeats a line she used often in her 2012 Senate campaign, memorialized in a September 2012 television commercial, writing “I never questioned my family’s stories or asked my parents for proof or documentation. What kid would?”

“Knowing who you are is one thing, and proving who you are is another,” Warren writes.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...y-in-New-Book/

That "family lore" apparently includes claims (lies?) by her parents that her racist grandparents forced her father and mother to elope because they didn't approve of her father marrying a woman of Cherokee descent. However, public records show that her extended family is white and suggest that her parents had a traditional wedding ceremony in a Methodist church.

So not only do official public records and genealogies not support Warren's claims, but now we have scientific proof that at best, she's no more Indian than the average white American of European descent, and in fact, she's likely even whiter than that. In other words, Jimmy, it's entirely possible that you have more Indian DNA in your blood than Warren does.

Curiously, it seems that Warren's family history does intersect with the Cherokee Nation when one of her ancestors participated in the Trail of Tears, not as an Indian but as one of their captors!

Source: Elizabeth Warren Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees For Trail of Tears

Ms. Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee–the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rail-of-tears/

As much as you looked for it, nothing in the above evinces Warren to have lied about her heritage. She claimed indian heritage according to her family, and she proved it. As far as your claim that we all have indian dna, for one thing is BS, and for another, you'd just be proving Warrens case.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      In most of these 'exchanges', very few people are willing to own up to the fact there is 'grey' in the equation. I don't know the exact quotes Trump ran roughshod over, but it is simply in Trump's (lack of) character to twist what she said into something it was not. Likewise, if Trumps 'promise' to give 1 million if she was Indian was worded in such a way it could be interpreted as meaning 'authentically Indian' (which is was) the the actual context of Warren's statements will not be allowed to factor into the discussion, and shrewd fellow that he is, he's left himself a big out knowing it could be interpreted more than 1 way. And those following him will back him up. Nevertheless, he owes her nothing.

It seems to me that a cut down the middle would be to say that Warren has overstepped her connection to the American Indians, and angered them in the process. Indeed, that is why I've never even considered pursuing my own heritage in that arena. I'm that borderline 1/32. But I've never even spent a full day in an authentic American Indian household or reservation. It would be utter hypocrisy for me to try to gain some sort of advantage using that.

Likewise, Trump being the 'gentleman' that he is has mocked her over something that her family is probably very proud of, and that she was likely raised to be proud of. Trump and so many on the Trump bandwagon find that mocking seat very comfortable. If nothing else, it appears that Trumps legacy will include institutionalized mockery of those different in thought or appearance, and that that part of who he is has found a massive new home in the percent that would support him to the end, even where one would expect it to be roundly rejected - the Christian community.

So think about it. We have the Democrats cuddling up to Antifa and calling for violence against republicans. We have republicans cuddling up to white nationalist and mocking directly or indirectly anything not WASP. People on both sides accosting politicians in public places or kicking them out of Restaurants. And here we are on Theology Web a bunch of Christians and non-Christians feeding the fire, pushing the divide, mocking,'spitting at', and demeaning each other day after day in the name of 'dscussion', growing the legacy of destructive words deeds and actions that has existed and grown for quote some time, but which Trump has latched onto and fed with gasoline to fuel his own success.

[Queue MM/Pix/etc in their chorus of disdain for the above lament at the loss of decency and the growing push for violent and abusive actions on both sides]

Jim
      Name a time I have called for violence or retract your claim.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I love it. Just what I expected from the right wing hypocrites here. They just can't handle the truth. Warren never claimed to be an indian, she never claimed to have a certain amount of indian dna, she simply claimed that according to her family she had some. Trump challenged her on that claim, the claim that she made, no matter how Trump, and you his flock, want to characterize that challenge now. His claim was that she was lying, he implied that many times. Warren has proved him wrong, proved her understanding to be right, and it is time for the liar and chief to pay up. But of course we know that will never happen, I doubt Trump has ever donated to charity in his life, though I'm sure he's probably claimed to have on his tax returns. You guys are really making yourselves look like Trumps band of idiots! "I could shoot someone in the middle of fifth ave and not lose any support."
        My dear Jimmy, we’re just using the democrat standards against them. Don’t you hate it when your own rules bite you in the end?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

She never said she was an indian according to the % of Indian dna she had, she simply said according to her family she had native american dna and she simply proved you idiots to be wrong. Changing the argument simply exposes you Trumpsters for the phonies you are. Of course, ya'll know that already, don't you!
          My dear Jimmy, these are the rules the democrats set up where they call common mistakes lies. Don’t you love the new rules?
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

As much as you looked for it, nothing in the above evinces Warren to have lied about her heritage. She claimed indian heritage according to her family, and she proved it. As far as your claim that we all have indian dna, for one thing is BS, and for another, you'd just be proving Warrens case.
            she not only claimed Indian heritage, she claimed to BE an Indian and have minority status. Are you that selective in your reading?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              she not only claimed Indian heritage, she claimed to BE an Indian and have minority status. Are you that selective in your reading?
              Moving the goal posts is only exposing you for the phonies you are, Sparko. Try admitting to the truth once in a while, it's good for your well being.

Comment

As much as you looked for it, nothing in the above evinces Warren to have lied about her heritage. She claimed indian heritage according to her family, and she proved it..
                No she didn't. She has repeatedly claimed she was Cherokee and Deleware. Her results showed possibly Columbian or Peruvian. She's a liar.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Moving the goal posts is only exposing you for the phonies you are, Sparko. Try admitting to the truth once in a while, it's good for your well being.
                  What are you talking about? READ THE SOURCE posted above by Rogue and Mountain Man. SHE actually claimed to be a native american in college to get minority status and advantages. That is not merely claiming indian ancestry somewhere down the line, that is claiming to actually BE an Indian. 1/64th to 1/1024th doesn't make someone an Indian.

You and I probably have more Indian blood than she does. My family comes from Appalachia which mixed with Indians and blacks regularly. So much so that they are known as melungeons.

Yet I can't claim to be an Indian or get minority status.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    [Queue MM/Pix/etc in their chorus of disdain for the above lament at the loss of decency and the growing push for violent and abusive actions on both sides]

Jim
                    I don't much like that Trump is fighting fire with fire. I think we're mostly reverting to pre-Victorian standards on decency, though.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      ...nothing in the above evinces Warren to have lied about her heritage. She claimed indian heritage according to her family...
                      So at best, Warren is naively perpetuating a family lie. Although with every highly publicized public record showing that her extended family is lily white going back several generations, Warren can't honestly claim ignorance at this point.

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      As far as your claim that we all have indian dna...
                      Rather, we all share at least some DNA in common with American Indians that doesn't necessarily come from an Indian ancestor.

Source: Elizabeth Warren Melts Down in Wake of DNA Disaster

Buried in the Boston Globe story is this bombshell: “To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American.” So all the test proved is that Warren might be 1/64 to 1/1024 Mexican, Peruvian, or Colombian — which again makes her no different than the average white American.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-dna-disaster/

With as little as 0.1% of this DNA in her system, the fact of the matter is that Warren is as white as the Queen of England.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        What? Where on earth do you see that?
                        You have missed the reluctance of Trump to speak out against David Duke's endorsement? The row over how Trump legitimized the 'good people' in the Neo Nazi crowd at charlottesville and his continued pandering to that element of his base? Understanding I'm just as offended by the lefts refusal to push back against Antifa and the violent elements in BLM etc, that doesn't excuse these gaffs on the right. It just feeds the chaos.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          I don't much like that Trump is fighting fire with fire. I think we're mostly reverting to pre-Victorian standards on decency, though.
                          Indeed. I like whoever it is that wears the Martin Luther Kinq quote on violence in his sig. And eye for an eye rarely, if ever, can be truly balanced. Trumps 10x harder approach even mocks that standard. And unfortunately, everyone (Dem, Rep, Ind(?))appears to be joining the act. Would that we had leaders like King around today. That understand the clan like feuds we are embracing here and across the country only reap destruction, cycling with each round on to bigger and more destructive responses.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Warren is as authentically Indian as Taco Bell is authentically Mexican.
                            Isn't Taco Bell the Mexican Phone company?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              That way he can alter what is said so it fits what he wants. Tass has a nasty habit of doing the same thing to quotes as well
                              Yes, he's trying to out-Trump his image of what Trump is.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                So funny. You actually think Trump's convoluted, inconsistent word-salads warrant parsing as to their exact, precise meaning.
                                Trump says enough nutty stuff, but when you look at the exact quote instead of your dishonest representation of it - the CONDITION of the DNA test is that it prove she's "an Indian". THAT, sir, is crystal clear.

Thump's intention was clear.
                                You are doing that mind reading thing again, at which you majorly suck.

And he has backtracked on his snarky boast to donate $1 million to a charity of Elizabeth Warren's choosing if she took a DNA Test and was shown to be of Indian heritage.
                                Liar. The condition was that she prove she's "an Indian".

She did and she was.
                                She's an Indian like you're a Kentucky Colonel.

Now he doesn't want to pay up.
                                He shouldn't - she has proven she's AN INDIAN.

Typical loudmouth Trump, he's all talk.
                                He is, and you're a liar.

Comment