Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Democrats: “Our attempts to smear Kavanaugh is a disaster, how can it get any worse?”

Sen Warren: “Hold my beer.”
    To be fair, this only really hurts Warren and not the Democrats in general. If anything it helps them because she effectively took herself out of the running to be the party's presidential nominee.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      To be fair, this only really hurts Warren and not the Democrats in general. If anything it helps them because she effectively took herself out of the running to be party's presidential nominee.
      It was still funny.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Democrats: “Our attempts to smear Kavanaugh is a disaster, how can it get any worse?”

Sen Warren: “Holdum my beer, kemosabe.”
        Fixed that for you, no charge.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Sen Warren: “Hold my beer.”
          I saw one that had her saying "hold my fire water"
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Liar.

Larry Wilmore In late February 2016, the host of Comedy Central's now-canceled "The Nightly Show" joked about then-candidate Donald Trump: “I don’t want to give him any more oxygen. That’s not a euphemism, by the way. I mean it literally. Somebody get me the pillow they used to kill [Supreme Court Justice Antonin] Scalia and I’ll do it — I’ll do it!"

George Lopez During the Republican primaries in March 2016, the Mexican American comedian tweeted a cartoon image of former Mexican president Vincente Fox holding the decapitated head of Donald Trump aloft, with the caption "Make America Great Again."

Marilyn Manson Shock-rocker Marilyn Manson had to take his turn in the Trump-bashing festivities. In a teaser video for his song, "Say10," released just after the 2016 election, a Trump-like figure wearing a suit and a red tie lies decapitated on a concrete floor, in a pool of his own blood.

Rosie O'Donnell In July 2017, O'Donnell tweeted out a link to a game called "Push Trump Off A Cliff Again."

Madonna told a crowd of thousands at the Women's March on Washington in January 2017 that she had “thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House."

Mickey Rourke In a TMZ video from 2015, this boxer-turned-actor directed his rage toward Trump, calling him a "big-mouthed bitch bully," saying he would "love 30 seconds in a room with the little bitch." Rourke has also expressed a desire to "give [Trump] a Louisville slugger."

Snoop Dogg's music video for "Lavender," released in March 2017, (literally) paints POTUS as a clown and orchestrates his death. At the video's end, the "Gin and Juice" rapper points a gun at the harlequin Trump figure and shoots.

Kathy Griffin The comedian landed in hot water in May 2017 after photos surfaced of her holding a fake bloody, decapitated Trump head. Griffin was promptly dropped from her annual New Year's Eve gig by CNN.

Johnny Depp During an appearance at the U.K.'s 2017 Glastonbury music and arts festival, the actor tore into the president -- "I think Trump needs help" -- and then made an ill-considered joke: “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”

Anthony Bourdain Asked what he'd serve at a peace summit between President Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, the celebrity chef told a TMZ video crew in 2017: "Hemlock."

Big Sean In February 2017 rapper Big Sean rapped a verse about killing the President on his "I Decided" album. The lyrics are, “And I might just kill ISIS with the same icepick/That I murder Donald Trump in the same night with."

Pearl Jam At a show in Montana in August 2018 that served as a fundraiser for Sen. Jon Tester, the Seattle-based rockers released a cartoon poster commemorating the show that featured a bald eagle picking at the rotting corpse of President Trump on the White House lawn.

Above quotes from https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-st...in-snoop-dogg/

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee, caused a stir on social media Wednesday (Jan 3, 2018) when he posed with a book promoting the violent "Antifa" movement.

Hollywood director Judd Apatow threatened Trump supporters with a since deleted tweet (about the beating of a Milo supporter at Berkeley) in which he stated, “This is just the beginning. When will all the fools who are still supporting Trump realize what is at stake?”

Source: https://www.nlg.org/legal-support-for-anti-fascist-action/

Taking militant and confrontational direct action may not be possible for everyone; however, these tactics are a crucial part of the fight against fascism. The NLG will continue to support anti-fascists and anti-racists in the street and in the courts,...

© Copyright Original Source

And those are just a small sampling...
            I predict that Starlight will pull a brave sir Robin from this thread after attacking BTC's intelligence or sanity as per his usual MO when someone points out facts that don't fit his false narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
              I predict that Starlight will pull a brave sir Robin from this thread after attacking BTC's intelligence or sanity as per his usual MO when someone points out facts that don't fit his false narrative.
              I suspect that he will dismiss those quotes as jokes or hyperbole rather than genuine calls for violence and that we're just a bunch of snowflakes for finding them in anyway offensive or alarming.

Of course the obvious follow-up question would be, "And what would you say if those exact same things were said in reference to Obama?"

Comment

• An interesting "before and after" comparison of mainstream media headlines.

Before:

ABC News: “Elizabeth Warren reveals proof of Native American ancestry”

AP: “Warren DNA shows Native American heritage”

CNN: “Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test with ‘strong evidence’ of Native American ancestry”

BBC: “Elizabeth Warren: DNA test finds ‘strong evidence’ of Native American blood”

USA Today: “Warren DNA shows Native American heritage”

NBC News: “Elizabeth Warren releases DNA results indicating she has Native American heritage”

Boston Globe: “Warren Reveals test Confirming Ancestry”

After:

Washington Post: “Elizabeth Warren angers prominent Native Americans with politically fraught DNA test”

CNN: “Elizabeth Warren might have actually made things worse with her DNA gambit”

CBS News: “Elizabeth Warren criticized for releasing DNA report”

Politico (Politico!): “Warren stumbles with ‘Native American’ rollout”

HuffPost: “Why White Americans Love To Claim Native Ancestry”

The Hill: “Dem strategist says Warren taking DNA test was ‘tone deaf'”

New York Times: Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Results Draw Rebuke from Trump and Raise Questions

USA Today: “Cherokee Nation slams Sen. Elizabeth Warren DNA test as ‘inappropriate and wrong'”

Boston Globe: Elizabeth Warren Defends Decision to Release DNA Test

Source: Nolte: Establishment Media Reverse Course to Blast Elizabeth Warren over DNA Fiasco

Try to imagine Warren on Sunday night. Picture her so excited she cannot sleep, excited because she has planned this out like the invasion of Normandy. She’s got the DNA test proving she might only be 1023/1024 white. She has a slick video that will own Drumpf. She has the establishment media all lined up to do her bidding. The Boston Globe has even agreed to botch the math in her favor.

So there she is, lying in the dark grinning, rubbing her hands together, because she can see 2020 from her wigwam.

Better still, in her mind’s eye she can see President Trump on defense for days as the media pummel him as an Indian giver over his $1 million bet.

"Oh, yes, at long last someone will get the best of Drumpf, and it will be me! Me, I tell you! ME! And I will leap to the top of the presidential polls, and destroy Trump in 2020, and be the first woman president and the first Cherokee president and redistribute the wampum and, and, and…"

In the immortal words of Bug Bunny: “Sheesh, what a maroon.”

Let me tell you the mistake Warren made. Oh, yes, she made quite a few, but here is the Big One –the only one that mattered…

Warren believes she still lives in a world where the establishment media can set the narrative. There is no other explanation for this fiasco. She actually thought that if she lined up the dinosaurs — the Boston Globe, CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post and the rest — that she could magically get away with passing her junk science off as proof she is not a godless liar.

Ten years ago, she probably would have gotten away with it.

Today? No way.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...er-dna-fiasco/

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-17-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  False. Reporters several years back did extensive research into this including interviewing her various employers etc. At no point in her career did she ever claim minority status for advantages, nor was it on her CV, nor were her employers aware of it at the time they employed her. They employed her because she was one of the best law professors in the country, not because they thought her native american.

It is the idiotic right-wing who made absurd claims about this. What happened was at some point she was listed on a website as a member of the faculty who had some native american ancestry. When the right-winger running against her did opposition-research he trumpeted this claim in the media and claimed it was false. Warren's Republican brothers however attested that Warren was not making this up and they were all told this by their parents, and the DNA test now suggests this was correct. Trump, being the idiot he is, took the issue to new and racist heights calling her "Pocahontas" regularly as he mocked the idea she had any native american descent whatsoever. Now her DNA test shows she has been truthful about the matter, and the moronic right, once again, is 100% wrong. The idiots in this thread can't admit that to themselves though.
                  I notice you used the weasel wording the libs use "for advantages" - not actually denying she did make the claim to be native american, but saying she didn't do it "for advantages"

And of course she used it for advantages.

Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory.

She had to make a conscious decision to list herself as a native american minority in the Association of American Law Schools. Why do it if not for advantages. Not to mention she has mentioned her heritage over and over throughout her career.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Oh, I remember him doing that too. It doesn't change the fact he hemmed and hawed and then finally actually said something meaningful - only when pushed. Only when it looked like he'd lose more support not rejecting the endorsement that he would gain by remaining silent.

The point at the time was this: Duke endorsed him. And he refused to reject the endorsement publicly. With an endorsement from someone like Duke, something said in the past* means nothing. it must be rejected, and it must be rejected very soon after the endorsement or you've implicitly told his (Duke's) followers you are with them. Any delay at all is acceptance of their pat on the back. Because they know anyone they endorse has to publicly reject them eventually. But by delaying the endorsement as long as he did, he implicitly accepts their endorsement. It's just how it is.

And that is not even slightly surprising.

Jim

*not to mention the fact one of his earliest tactics was to ask who David Duke was. So you really can't have it both ways MM. If he disavowed him in the past, he knew who he was when he endorsed him and asking "who is Duke" was a delay tactic or outright lie. If he didn't know who he was, then he would not have been able to disavow him in the past.
                    Jim he literally just showed you are wrong with video evidence and you just repeated your assertion. Have you been taking lessons from Tassman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Liar.

And those are just a small sampling...

Two GOP Candidates Assaulted in Minnesota

Attacks come as state Democrats suspend staffer for beheading post

http://www.citypages.com/news/anarch...ates/497743261

https://freebeacon.com/politics/two-...ted-minnesota/
                      Last edited by seer; 10-17-2018, 12:16 PM.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Warren never said she was indian in the legal sense, she never said, nor did she have any idea what percentage of indian dna she had, what she said was that according to her family she had indian heritage, which turns out to be true no matter how you want to spin it.
                        Yes she did. no matter how much you try to deny it.

US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren said on Wednesday that she listed herself as a minority in directories of law professors

Comment

• So if Trump takes a DNA test and finds out he has a black ancestor 10 generations back, can he call himself the 2nd Black President?*

*better yet, his mother was a woman, so he can call himself the first woman president!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            So if Trump takes a DNA test and finds out he has a black ancestor 10 generations back, can he call himself the 2nd Black President?
                            Hey now, don't leave Slick Willie out of this.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Two GOP Candidates Assaulted in Minnesota

Attacks come as state Democrats suspend staffer for beheading post

http://www.citypages.com/news/anarch...ates/497743261

https://freebeacon.com/politics/two-...ted-minnesota/
                              Add it to the list.
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              The MSM is focused on reporting on death threats made against Ford while for the most part ignoring those made against Kavanaugh and his family. And when they are mentioned the wording used is often starkly different. For instance on ABC Ford received "death threats" where Kavanaugh merely "received threats and hateful e-mails."

Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine), who's vote is often seen as a swing vote and is under tremendous pressure from women's groups to oppose Kavanaugh since he was nominated, has mentioned that she too has received numerous death threats as well.

In response to Collin's statement, Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California) mocked and belittled her experience by sneering "Boo hoo hoo." Swalwell has since apologized saying his statements were "stupid." You think?

You would think Swalwell would have been a bit less cavalier considering that just a little over a week ago Swalwell's Republican opponent, Rudy Peters, was assaulted by a knife-wielding attacker near a vendor's booth at the Castro Valley Fall Festival after the attacker began screaming profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and Trump and repeatedly shouting "I'll kill you" as he attacked. Fortunately Ford was able to fend of the attacker using one of his election signs. The attacker, Farzad Fazeli, ran off but was later arrested and charged with felony assault, making criminal threats and brandishing a weapon.

This is just one of a growing list of Republican politicians being physically attacked in a little over the past year. Here are a few aside from the knife attack on Peters:

In June of last year we had the shooting at the baseball field in Washington D.C. by James Hodgkinson, a left wing activist, MSNBC News junkie (notorious for the vitriol directed at Republicans and conservatives) and Bernie Sanders campaign worker who frequently expressed his hatred toward Republicans[1]. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana) was in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and was hospitalized for 6 weeks.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) was attacked from behind in his backyard resulting in five rib fractures including 3 displaced fractures as well as lung contusions as he was mowing his lawn by Rene Boucher, a neighbor and supporter of the far-left Occupy movement and who's Facebook account is full of anti-Trump rants.

Rep. David Kustoff (Tennessee) was nearly run off the road by a stalker, Wendi Wright, who was angry about his vote to repeal and replace Obamacare. She then confronted him when he pulled over screaming, striking the windows on Kustoff's car and even reaching inside the vehicle before finally leaving. She was later arrested after boasting of the confrontation on Facebook and charged with felony reckless endangerment.

The MSM has either downplayed or ignored most of these and other actual attacks (the baseball shooting being the notable exception) while constantly bemoaning how Trump's rancorous rhetoric may some day lead to violence. The fact is that, as can be seen above, the venomous rhetoric spewed from the left in a near constant stream has already led to violence. "Comedians" and other "entertainers" have a long and sordid history of making "jokes" or producing songs and the like advocating violence against Republican leaders. And with few exceptions the left rallies in their defense.

And you also have Democrat politicians like Mad Max Waters (D-California) demanding that people "push back" against Republicans, calling for in-your-face confrontations as well as encouraging people to mob and harass Trump Administration officials.

Of course aggressive rhetoric of this sort is nothing new and Trump is hardly the first president to employ some. The last occupant of the White House, Barrack Obama was known to employ more than his share of it, saying things like
                              • "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
                              • "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face."
                              • "Punch back twice as hard."

Well... this little rant kinda went off on a tangent

1. before the shooting he asked if those out on the field were Republicans or Democrats
                              And in Massachusetts

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Yes she did. no matter how much you try to deny it.
                                What is the problem if she self-identifies as an American Indian? You are so small minded bro!
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment