Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even the Huffington Puffington Post has turned on Warren with this editorial written by a real Native American:

Source: Elizabeth Warren Is Not Native American

Massachusetts senator (and 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful) Elizabeth Warren is not Native American.

Native American identity is about belonging to a community. It is a specific political, legal and social formation akin to a form of citizenship that is particular to each tribe, nation, confederacy or otherwise sovereign and self-determining Indigenous government—numbering 567 federally recognized tribes and hundreds of Alaska Native, Hawaiian and state-recognized entities across the country.

It is also racial. Not in the biological sense, but in a more ephemeral cultural and social understanding of that word—an identity lived by Native Americans across tribal affiliations and policed by the shifting structures of discrimination, opportunity and the many mundane and extraordinary life experiences in between.

Warren cannot, does not and should not claim Native American identity in its tribal or racial form.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b055bc947a6e13

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-17-2018, 08:27 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
      Sooooooooo ...

How did Trump disavow Duke in the past and end up with THAT exchange?
      I'll let Trump speak for himself:

TRUMP: First of all, he talked about David Duke and other groups, he talked about other groups…

GUTHRIE: But you said three times ‘I don’t know who David Duke is’

TRUMP: No, no, well, I know who he is, but I never met David Duke, so when you talk about it, I’ve never met David Duke.

GUTHRIE: But in 2000 you refused to run on the Reform Party platform because David Duke was a member of it.

TRUMP: I disavowed him a day before in a major press conference, and I’m saying to myself, how many times do I have to continue to disavow people, and the question was asked about David Duke and various groups, and I don’t know who the groups are … he was unable to tell me that.

GUTHRIE: He said he was just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, and you said, ‘Honestly, I don’t know David Duke.’

TRUMP: Well, let me tell you, I’m sitting in a house in Florida with a very bad earpiece they gave me, and well, what I heard was various groups. And I don’t mind disavowing anybody, and I disavowed David Duke, and I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference … now I go and I sit down again, and I have a lousy earpiece that is provided by them, and frankly, he talked about groups, and I have no problem disavowing groups, but I have to know who they are. It would be very unfair to disavow a group if the group shouldn’t be disavowed. But I disavowed David Duke … I disavowed David Duke all weekend long, on Facebook and Twitter, and it’s not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Event the Huffington Puffington Post has turned on Warren with this editorial written by a real Native American:

Massachusetts senator (and 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful) Elizabeth Warren is not Native American.

Native American identity is about belonging to a community. It is a specific political, legal and social formation akin to a form of citizenship that is particular to each tribe, nation, confederacy or otherwise sovereign and self-determining Indigenous government—numbering 567 federally recognized tribes and hundreds of Alaska Native, Hawaiian and state-recognized entities across the country.

It is also racial. Not in the biological sense, but in a more ephemeral cultural and social understanding of that word—an identity lived by Native Americans across tribal affiliations and policed by the shifting structures of discrimination, opportunity and the many mundane and extraordinary life experiences in between.

Warren cannot, does not and should not claim Native American identity in its tribal or racial form.

Warren made a big mistake. No doubt about it. It doesn't make me jump up and down with glee like it does you. But then again, I don't hate have extreme disdain for people just because they are democrats or because we happen to disagree ideologically. So I don't get mountains of joy out of seeing them make mistakes.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-17-2018, 08:29 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Warren made a big mistake. No doubt about it. It doesn't make me jump up and down with glee like it does you. But then again, I don't hate people just because they are democrats or because we happen to disagree ideologically. So I don't get mountains of joy out of seeing them make mistakes.
          I don't hate anybody, you whitewashed tomb.

Comment

yeah, I struck that and used the words "have extreme disdain for".

Are you sure you don't hate anybody? Hard to tell the difference between the way you act here and genuine hatred ... just sayin'.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

really?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                really?
                Really.

Comment

Are you sure you don't hate anybody?
                  Yes.

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  Hard to tell the difference between the way you act here and genuine hatred ... just sayin'.
                  As usual, you see what you want to see.

Comment

Yes.

As usual, you see what you want to see.
                    The Mountain Man doth protest to much, methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      and you are ignoring the fact she actually claimed to be Native American to get minority status in college. that is more than just claiming some distant ancestor was Indian.
                      That's the right wing lie, yes, but the colleges themselves have denied that to be the case. Ya know, it's the usual way that republicans campaign, can't beat the Dems on the issues, so concentrate on personal ridicule instead. The sad part is that the dumbed down republican constituency falls for that tactic every time. How do you think we ended up with Trump, dummies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Warren NEVER made it it an issue, Trump with his relentless "Pocahontas" crap made it an issue. Just as he did with his 'birtherism' crap re Obama.
                        Actually it has been an issue since she ran for the Senate with IIRC the left wing Boston Globe being the first to bring it up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          You are in error, as usual. No high-profile liberal has called for any violence whatsoever.
                          Liar.

Larry Wilmore In late February 2016, the host of Comedy Central's now-canceled "The Nightly Show" joked about then-candidate Donald Trump: “I don’t want to give him any more oxygen. That’s not a euphemism, by the way. I mean it literally. Somebody get me the pillow they used to kill [Supreme Court Justice Antonin] Scalia and I’ll do it — I’ll do it!"

George Lopez During the Republican primaries in March 2016, the Mexican American comedian tweeted a cartoon image of former Mexican president Vincente Fox holding the decapitated head of Donald Trump aloft, with the caption "Make America Great Again."

Marilyn Manson Shock-rocker Marilyn Manson had to take his turn in the Trump-bashing festivities. In a teaser video for his song, "Say10," released just after the 2016 election, a Trump-like figure wearing a suit and a red tie lies decapitated on a concrete floor, in a pool of his own blood.

Rosie O'Donnell In July 2017, O'Donnell tweeted out a link to a game called "Push Trump Off A Cliff Again."

Madonna told a crowd of thousands at the Women's March on Washington in January 2017 that she had “thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House."

Mickey Rourke In a TMZ video from 2015, this boxer-turned-actor directed his rage toward Trump, calling him a "big-mouthed bitch bully," saying he would "love 30 seconds in a room with the little bitch." Rourke has also expressed a desire to "give [Trump] a Louisville slugger."

Snoop Dogg's music video for "Lavender," released in March 2017, (literally) paints POTUS as a clown and orchestrates his death. At the video's end, the "Gin and Juice" rapper points a gun at the harlequin Trump figure and shoots.

Kathy Griffin The comedian landed in hot water in May 2017 after photos surfaced of her holding a fake bloody, decapitated Trump head. Griffin was promptly dropped from her annual New Year's Eve gig by CNN.

Johnny Depp During an appearance at the U.K.'s 2017 Glastonbury music and arts festival, the actor tore into the president -- "I think Trump needs help" -- and then made an ill-considered joke: “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”

Anthony Bourdain Asked what he'd serve at a peace summit between President Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, the celebrity chef told a TMZ video crew in 2017: "Hemlock."

Big Sean In February 2017 rapper Big Sean rapped a verse about killing the President on his "I Decided" album. The lyrics are, “And I might just kill ISIS with the same icepick/That I murder Donald Trump in the same night with."

Pearl Jam At a show in Montana in August 2018 that served as a fundraiser for Sen. Jon Tester, the Seattle-based rockers released a cartoon poster commemorating the show that featured a bald eagle picking at the rotting corpse of President Trump on the White House lawn.

Above quotes from https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-st...in-snoop-dogg/

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee, caused a stir on social media Wednesday (Jan 3, 2018) when he posed with a book promoting the violent "Antifa" movement.

Hollywood director Judd Apatow threatened Trump supporters with a since deleted tweet (about the beating of a Milo supporter at Berkeley) in which he stated, “This is just the beginning. When will all the fools who are still supporting Trump realize what is at stake?”

Source: https://www.nlg.org/legal-support-for-anti-fascist-action/

Taking militant and confrontational direct action may not be possible for everyone; however, these tactics are a crucial part of the fight against fascism. The NLG will continue to support anti-fascists and anti-racists in the street and in the courts,...

And those are just a small sampling...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Even the Huffington Puffington Post has turned on Warren with this editorial written by a real Native American:

After staunchly defending her the Big 3 Networks have abandoned Warren and her DNA tests. Both ABC's Good Morning America and CBS This Morning cited the statement released by the Cherokee Nation which berated Warren quoting the "Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage" portion. On GMA, ABC News Congressional Correspondent Mary Bruce, even noted how the "DNA tests [did] not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America." And over on NBC's Megan Kelly Today the audience burst into laughter after the host mentioned that Warren had "contributed to a Native American cookbook called Pow Wow Chow, calling herself Cherokee."

Still, she has defenders. On the aforementioned NBC's Megan Kelly Today the network's New York-based correspondent Morgan Radford offered the excuse that Warren "understood" the claim she was Native American to be true even though the test revealed that she is considerably "whiter" than the average white American.

And it got comical on MSNBC's Hardball when host Chris Matthews, assisted by Democratic strategist Steve McMahon and Washington Post White House correspondent, actually excused Warren's bogus claim because (are you ready for this?) Trump hasn't released his tax returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              The reality denial by Starlight, JimL, and Tassman has been rather interesting to watch. If she’s an Indian, so am I. It shows how truly ridiculous many have shown themselves to become under Trump.
                              Warren never said she was indian in the legal sense, she never said, nor did she have any idea what percentage of indian dna she had, what she said was that according to her family she had indian heritage, which turns out to be true no matter how you want to spin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                After staunchly defending her the Big 3 Networks have abandoned Warren and her DNA tests. Both ABC's Good Morning America and CBS This Morning cited the statement released by the Cherokee Nation which berated Warren quoting the "Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage" portion. On GMA, ABC News Congressional Correspondent Mary Bruce, even noted how the "DNA tests [did] not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America." And over on NBC's Megan Kelly Today the audience burst into laughter after the host mentioned that Warren had "contributed to a Native American cookbook called Pow Wow Chow, calling herself Cherokee."

Still, she has defenders. On the aforementioned NBC's Megan Kelly Today the network's New York-based correspondent Morgan Radford offered the excuse that Warren "understood" the claim she was Native American to be true even though the test revealed that she is considerably "whiter" than the average white American.

And it got comical on MSNBC's Hardball when host Chris Matthews, assisted by Democratic strategist Steve McMahon and Washington Post White House correspondent, actually excused Warren's bogus claim because (are you ready for this?) Trump hasn't released his tax returns.
                                And you certainly don't want Trump to release his tax returns like he promised you he would, do you? And we all know why you don't want him to release them. Can't handle the truth!

Comment