Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The indisputable fact is she claimed she was a Native American while at University of Pennsylvania and Harvard.
    There is no reason why she wouldn't claim this. She was raised on this family lore via her mother and other family members.

The question is did this claim help her get employment there. While Harvard denied it
    Well Harvard deny it, what more can one say? "The claim about Warren’s use of her Native American heritage to obtain a high-paying job at Harvard University appears to date from her 2012 bid against incumbent Scott Brown for his Senate seat. Brown alleged during a debate in 2012". In short it was a political 'dirty trick'.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el...tive-american/

they were sure mighty quick to publicly promote her as their first "person of color" faculty person.
    This is your 'take', but one can't blame Warren for this, if in fact this is the case.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      There's nothing of substance to "ignore". This is a right-wing meme used to discredit Warren by the likes of you and the Trump brigade. It is widely disputed. It would not even be an issue if not for Trump's endless racist "Pocahontas" jibes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el...tive-american/
      From your own source:

it is true that while Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools, and that Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There is no reason why she wouldn't claim this. She was raised on this family lore via her mother and other family members.
        Don't forget her "high cheekbones" smiley snicker.gif
        Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Well Harvard deny it, what more can one say?
        That admitting it would not only make them look good (we hired someone just so we can now boast we hired a minority) it might also not be something they would want coming out in light of their various pending discrimination lawsuits.
        Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        "The claim about Warren’s use of her Native American heritage to obtain a high-paying job at Harvard University appears to date from her 2012 bid against incumbent Scott Brown for his Senate seat. Brown alleged during a debate in 2012". In short it was a political 'dirty trick'.
        Snope, as usual when it comes to politics, is wrong. It appears that the first ones to bring it up was the liberal Boston Globe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Source: NYT Admits DNA Test ‘Darkened Lingering Cloud’ over Elizabeth Warren’s 2020 Ambitions

Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) DNA test was such a fiasco, her advisers and even the far-left New York Times are worried this “lingering cloud over likely presidential campaign has only darkened.”

“More worrisome to supporters of Ms. Warren’s presidential ambitions,” the Times writes, is that “she has yet to allay criticism from grass-roots progressive groups, liberal political operatives and other potential 2020 allies who complain that she put too much emphasis on the controversial field of racial science — and, in doing so, played into Mr. Trump’s hands.”

“Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities.”

The Times adds, “Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apology.”

The paper says Warren is expected to announce her 2020 presidential campaign soon, and advisers want her to clear this up just as soon.

The problem for Warren, as I mentioned at the time, is that the window to clear up this legitimate scandal up has forever closed.

If Warren had not allowed Trump to live so rent-free in her head, and if she was anything close to an honest person, she would have used the DNA as an escape hatch, as a way to put this self-inflicted wound to bed right then and there by releasing a statement that said something like:

"I’ve taken a DNA test. It proves I have no more Native blood or ancestry than the average white American. In fact, I might even have less. While I always took pride in my belief that I was part American Indian, I regret that I relied on my family lore and apologize for doing so."

Had Warren simply been a grown up about this, had she showed some humility and told the truth instead of counting on the establishment media to bamboozle the American people into believing the DNA test proved she had not been lying all this time (a power the MSM no longer has), this scandal not only would be over, Warren’s reputation would have gone up in the eyes of the voters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...020-ambitions/

© Copyright Original Source

I think part of it is that Warren simply didn't understand the results. All she saw was "There is some native American DNA in your blood" and began her victory dance without comprehending just how negligible the amount of DNA really was. Unfortunately for her, she had already rolled out her "Suck it, Donald Trump!" campaign and was fully vested in the false narrative before she realized the truth, but by then it was far too late. As the saying goes, you can't un-smoke a Cherokee peace pipe.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            E. Warren takes DNA test which proves her native american heritage and wins 1 million dollars from Trump to be donated to her favorite charity. Who would like to bet that the corrupt lying Trump denies making, and renegs on the deal?

Trump: "I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to be given to your favorite charity, if you take the test and it proves you're indian"

Don't you Trump sheep ever get embarrassed?
            May I please fix the thread title?

Please?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              May I please fix the thread title?

Please?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                NYT Admits DNA Test ‘Darkened Lingering Cloud’ over Elizabeth Warren’s 2020 Ambitions
                "Darkened"?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And this....

Elizabeth Warren's advisers want her to APOLOGIZE for American Indian DNA stunt...

Advisers to Sen. Elizabeth Warren are counseling her to issue a forceful apology for releasing the results of a DNA test that revealed a sliver of American Indian blood in her family tree.

Democrats blasted the liberal Massachusetts senator in October for drawing attention to her biggest political liability in the middle of a tense midterm election cycle.

Warren's DNA analysis, conducted by a privately hired scientist who is an expert on Native American genomics, showed that her Native American ancestry was between 0.09 percent and 1.5 percent.

The low end of that scale equates to 1/1,024th.

A landmark study published in 2014 in the American Journal of Human Genetics found that, on average, European-Americans have 0.18 per cent Native American blood – twice as much.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Maybe the next edition of Pow Wow Chow will include a recipe for crow.

Comment

Maybe the next edition of Pow Wow Chow will include a recipe for crow.
                      I see what you did there.

Comment

Source: NYT Admits DNA Test ‘Darkened Lingering Cloud’ over Elizabeth Warren’s 2020 Ambitions

Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) DNA test was such a fiasco, her advisers and even the far-left New York Times are worried this “lingering cloud over likely presidential campaign has only darkened.”

“More worrisome to supporters of Ms. Warren’s presidential ambitions,” the Times writes, is that “she has yet to allay criticism from grass-roots progressive groups, liberal political operatives and other potential 2020 allies who complain that she put too much emphasis on the controversial field of racial science — and, in doing so, played into Mr. Trump’s hands.”

“Advisers close to Ms. Warren say she has privately expressed concern that she may have damaged her relationships to Native American groups and her own standing with progressive activists, particularly those who are racial minorities.”

The Times adds, “Several outside advisers are even more worried: They say they believe a plan should be made to repair that damage, possibly including a strong statement of apology.”

The paper says Warren is expected to announce her 2020 presidential campaign soon, and advisers want her to clear this up just as soon.

The problem for Warren, as I mentioned at the time, is that the window to clear up this legitimate scandal up has forever closed.

If Warren had not allowed Trump to live so rent-free in her head, and if she was anything close to an honest person, she would have used the DNA as an escape hatch, as a way to put this self-inflicted wound to bed right then and there by releasing a statement that said something like:

"I’ve taken a DNA test. It proves I have no more Native blood or ancestry than the average white American. In fact, I might even have less. While I always took pride in my belief that I was part American Indian, I regret that I relied on my family lore and apologize for doing so."

Had Warren simply been a grown up about this, had she showed some humility and told the truth instead of counting on the establishment media to bamboozle the American people into believing the DNA test proved she had not been lying all this time (a power the MSM no longer has), this scandal not only would be over, Warren’s reputation would have gone up in the eyes of the voters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...020-ambitions/

I think part of it is that Warren simply didn't understand the results. All she saw was "There is some native American DNA in your blood" and began her victory dance without comprehending just how negligible the amount of DNA really was. Unfortunately for her, she had already rolled out her "Suck it, Donald Trump!" campaign and was fully vested in the false narrative before she realized the truth, but by then it was far too late. As the saying goes, you can't un-smoke a Cherokee peace pipe.
                        Seems like even the local liberal press is on the war path against Princess Spreading Bull running for POTUS:

Source: Boston Globe: Elizabeth Warren Should Reconsider 2020 Presidential Run

Three years ago, the Boston Globe’s editorial board urged Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to run for president. Now the board is offering her much different advice: Don’t do it.

In an editorial published Thursday, the Boston Globe said Warren had “missed her moment in 2016” and cast skepticism on how well the progressive Democrat, whose recent public feuding with President Donald Trump boosted her popularity, would perform as a Democratic presidential candidate for the 2020 election.

“While Warren is an effective and impactful senator with an important voice nationally, she has become a divisive figure,” the editorial board warned. “A unifying voice is what the country needs now after the polarizing politics of Donald Trump.”

The editorial advised Warren to reconsider how popular she actually is in Massachusetts. Editors looked to Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, a Republican, to drive the point home.

“While Warren won reelection, her margin of victory in November suggests there’s a ceiling on her popularity,” the editorial board said. “Baker garnered more votes than she did in a state that is supposed to be a Democratic haven.”

A poll conducted in September also suggested that Massachusetts voters are more interested in seeing former Gov. Deval Patrick, a Democrat, run for president.

“Those are warning signs from the voters who know her best,” the editorial said.

Warren spent a better part of 2018 energizing the resistance against ― and exchanging verbal punches with ― President Trump.

In September, Warren promised her supporters that she would seriously consider running for president after the midterm elections were over.

“It’s time for women to go to Washington and fix our broken government, and that includes a woman at the top,” she said in a video posted online.

In late November, Warren delivered a speech on foreign policy at American University in Washington, D.C., that all but guaranteed she was going to run in 2020.

“I believe in us. I believe in what we can do. I believe in democracy and in what we must do to save it,” she said.

Source

Comment

• Looks like Warren is finally trying to put this disaster behind her, but is it too little, too late?

Source: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes to Cherokee Nation for DNA Test

Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat who is running for her party’s presidential nomination, has apologized to the Cherokee Nation for her decision to take a DNA test to prove her Native American ancestry, a move that had angered some tribal leaders and ignited a significant political backlash.

The apology comes as Ms. Warren is set to formally kick off her presidential run this month after recent visits to early nominating states like Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. It also comes after repeated calls for her to apologize from tribal leaders, political operatives, and her own advisers, who said her October decision to take the DNA test gave undue credence to the controversial claim that race could be determined by blood — and politically, played into President Trump’s hands.

On Thursday, Ms. Warren called Bill John Baker, principal chief of the Cherokee Nation, to apologize for the DNA test, said Julie Hubbard, a spokeswoman for the tribe. She called it a “brief and private” conversation. The apology was first reported by The Intercept. Ms. Warren’s campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

“I understand that she apologized for causing confusion on tribal sovereignty and tribal citizenship and the harm that has resulted,” Ms. Hubbard said. “The chief and secretary of state appreciate that she has reaffirmed that she is not a Cherokee Nation citizen or a citizen of any tribal nation.”

The apology is a break from Ms. Warren’s previous public stance, where she refused to admit fault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/u...mid=tw-nytimes

Comment

• I'm not sure what's to apologize about regarding a DNA test...I guess they're talking about the her handling of the results? The article confuses me.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              I'm not sure what's to apologize about regarding a DNA test...I guess they're talking about the her handling of the results? The article confuses me.
                              More like her motives for taking the test, and immediately triumphantly trumpeting the results as vindication, is my guess.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man
                                ...gave undue credence to the controversial claim that race could be determined by blood
                                Wait, what? How else would you determine race other than genetics? Are they trying to make it so you can just "identify" as any race now too?

I don't think that will go over very well, even with liberals.

Comment