Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Apparently this is the report with the results.
    According to the report, she's 6 to 10 generations removed from any Native American ancestor, yet she claimed that one of her parents was full-blooded Indian. In other words, the test proves, again, that Warren is a bald-faced liar. Ironic.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-15-2018, 10:59 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      According to the report, she's 6 to 10 generations removed from any Native American ancestor, yes she claimed that one of her parents was full-blooded Indian. In other words, the test proves, again, that Warren is a bald-faced liar. Ironic.
      I'm kinda pleased she's bringing this issue up again so close to the election.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

According to the report, she's 6 to 10 generations removed from any Native American ancestor, yet she claimed that one of her parents was full-blooded Indian. In other words, the test proves, again, that Warren is a bald-faced liar. Ironic.
        Snopes fact check said...

...evidence is contradictory over whether she used false claims of Native American heritage to gain an edge over other candidates for a job at Harvard or drew a large salary for teaching only one class.

Know what that means?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was a common belief in my family that we had a tiny, tiny smidgen of distant spanish blood. Lately though we had a heritage test, at least some of our members did, and there's nothing like that. My family, as it turns out, have been in Denmark as far back as you can trace in the church documents.

Comment

Breitbart updated their story with more accurate numbers:

Source: Breitbart

According to Warren’s own DNA test, she has, at best, 1/64th Native American ancestry, but it could also be as low as 1/1,024. Percentage-wise, she can claim somewhere between 0.1 percent to 1.56 percent Native lineage.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-ancestry/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Breitbart updated their story with more accurate numbers:

Source: Breitbart

According to Warren’s own DNA test, she has, at best, 1/64th Native American ancestry, but it could also be as low as 1/1,024. Percentage-wise, she can claim somewhere between 0.1 percent to 1.56 percent Native lineage.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-ancestry/

And, according to the Snopes article I cited earlier...

The legitimacy of Warren’s claims to Native American heritage has certainly been challenged by many critics, and it is true that while Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools, and that Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member.

(I had been looking for an actual claim by Warren that she was - to whatever degree - Native American)

Comment

Source: Elizabeth Warren May Be No More Native American than Average White American

The New York Times, citing the 23andMe data, reported: “The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.”

That falls within Warren’s reported range, and suggests she may be no more Native American than the average white American.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hite-american/

I don't think she should expect a check from Trump any time soon.

Comment

Maybe Trump should write her a check for 1/1024 of a million dollars.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Maybe Trump should write her a check for 1/1024 of a million dollars.
                    Not to her - to her designated charity!

Comment

Breitbart continues the pile-on...

Source: Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Test Included 0% Actual Native American DNA

The Stanford University researcher who studied Sen Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA.

The Boston Globe broke the story Monday of Warren’s DNA test, which she and the newspaper claimed as proof of her Native American ancestry, after results suggested she may have had a Native American ancestor six to ten generations ago. That means her genome may be between 1/64 to 1/1024 percent Native American.

Buried deep within the Globe story, however, is the admission that the Stanford University researcher who studied her DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA to determine whether Warren’s dubious claims of Cherokee ancestry were true.

The Globe reported (original links):

The analysis of Warren’s DNA was done by Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor and expert in the field who won a 2010 MacArthur fellowship, also known as a genius grant, for his work on tracking population migration via DNA analysis.

Warren provided a sample of her DNA to a private lab in Georgia in August, according to one of the senator’s aides. The data from that test was sent to Bustamante and his team for analysis. Warren received the report last week.

To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Strait about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south. His report explained that the use of reference populations whose genetic material has been fully sequenced was designed “for maximal accuracy.”

Bustamante said he can tease out the markers that these South Americans would have in common with Native Americans on the North American continent.

The analysis depends, therefore, on faith in Bustamante’s methods of extrapolation, and on the other methods he used to determine that Warren’s supposedly Native American DNA segments were not mere statistical noise.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-american-dna/

Comment

If 1/64 (or whatever that miniscule fraction is) is the bar to be considered Native American, I'm probably "Native American."

And I, as someone more clever than I has said, am whiter than cargo shorts and crocs.

Comment

Breitbart continues the pile-on...

Source: Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Test Included 0% Actual Native American DNA

The Stanford University researcher who studied Sen Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA.

The Boston Globe broke the story Monday of Warren’s DNA test, which she and the newspaper claimed as proof of her Native American ancestry, after results suggested she may have had a Native American ancestor six to ten generations ago. That means her genome may be between 1/64 to 1/1024 percent Native American.

Buried deep within the Globe story, however, is the admission that the Stanford University researcher who studied her DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA to determine whether Warren’s dubious claims of Cherokee ancestry were true.

The Globe reported (original links):

The analysis of Warren’s DNA was done by Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor and expert in the field who won a 2010 MacArthur fellowship, also known as a genius grant, for his work on tracking population migration via DNA analysis.

Warren provided a sample of her DNA to a private lab in Georgia in August, according to one of the senator’s aides. The data from that test was sent to Bustamante and his team for analysis. Warren received the report last week.

To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Strait about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south. His report explained that the use of reference populations whose genetic material has been fully sequenced was designed “for maximal accuracy.”

Bustamante said he can tease out the markers that these South Americans would have in common with Native Americans on the North American continent.

The analysis depends, therefore, on faith in Bustamante’s methods of extrapolation, and on the other methods he used to determine that Warren’s supposedly Native American DNA segments were not mere statistical noise.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-american-dna/

That's gotta sting!

Comment

For the record, Trump's actual quote:

"Let’s say I’m debating Pocahontas . . . we will say, ‘I will give you $1 million to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.'"

So first of all, he presented it as a hypothetical and not an actual challenge.

And secondly, even if it was a challenge, proving that she has a negligible sliver of Indian DNA in her blood does not reasonably meet the standard of showing that she's Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              If she's anything like Hillary she's already establishing one with her and her family as a major beneficiary.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Nah, he'd just need to donate it to a dis-privileged minority...say, a Native American?

Comment