Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not what I said. Go read my previous posts in this thread. I'm done talking about it.
    Wrong. You said:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Trump couldn't hear the questions and responded the best he could under the circumstances.
    So I was right when I said: "So you admit that your "he could not hear the question" thing did not work..."

Too bad. But anyway you are done talking about it because "the others" ignore the facts.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Probably. I'm done discussing it since our resident liberals seem intent on pressing the issue by blatantly ignoring the facts.
      What they're doing is taking Trump strictly literally when it suits their purposes. It doesn't matter what he's said elsewhere, or if there were communications problems, or that Trump isn't fully explaining himself. They've got an utterance they can take out of context as an absolute to bludgeon him with. In this case, it seems clear to me that Trump didn't know a whole lot about David Duke or the white supremacist groups in question, didn't know everything they stood for, and thus was unwilling to do a blanket condemnation of their stances.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I wonder if Rachel Dolezal has any African ancestors.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          I wonder if Rachel Dolezal has any African ancestors.
          She claimed that her father was black.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Don't we have a thread somewhere for the Duke controversy?
            We'll soon have a new one -- a derail thread.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              What they're doing is taking Trump strictly literally when it suits their purposes. It doesn't matter what he's said elsewhere, or if there were communications problems, or that Trump isn't fully explaining himself. They've got an utterance they can take out of context as an absolute to bludgeon him with. In this case, it seems clear to me that Trump didn't know a whole lot about David Duke or the white supremacist groups in question, didn't know everything they stood for, and thus was unwilling to do a blanket condemnation of their stances.
              The 'my earpiece wasn't working' doesn't add up. If you look at the responses, it's clear he understood the questions. Especially as regards the

Source: Trump

'Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists,”

© Copyright Original Source

I mean look at that. Not only does he say he doesn't know ANYTHING about David Duke (a patent lie, and not a reference to knowing him personally), he says he doesn't even know what he's [Tapper] talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. Please, there is no way he can cover that with 'a bad ear piece'. The answer is direct and to the point and says something that is, as we know from the previous posts on this topic in this thread, a lie, in ANY context. He DOES know who David Duke is, he DOES know what white supremacists are. No amount of static or gaps in sound in an earpiece can explain that response.

He's clearly muddying the waters, dodging. It appears he himself forgot about all the times he'd already made statements about David Duke. Nevertheless, this exchange is clearly and simply a string of lies in response to the questions asked. If there was static, it clearly didn't interfere with what he heard before this answer was given. The answer is perfectly consistent with having heard the first question in its entirety. It just isn't consistent with previous statements made by Trump.

Which brings us back to the issue in implication of deferment to White supremacist groups because he needed (and still needs) their votes.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                I think this says quite a lot:

The fact that Trump would rather say "I know nothing about white supremacists" which is obviously a lie than actually condemn white supremacy is rather telling. Basically he will rather claim he is ignorant than doing what any person with moral integrity would do. These are Trump's own words. Don't blame the media for the words Trump himself says. It is very, very significant that he is so reluctant with his criticism in this case. It is good that he is not as reluctant now but I can't help wondering to what degree strategy plays a role in all of this.
                I agree. Though I think what it is telling us is that Trump needs the white supremacist vote and is willing to defer to them to the extent needed to secure their vote but not alienate the majority of his base. However the more I think about it I'm not sure it tells us clearly if his comments about blacks or immigrants reflect actual racism on his part or if they are just the outflow of the general callous rudeness that is his defining trait. It and other moves treated as indications of racism seem better explained as a calculated, opportunistic move oriented around avoiding offending that portion of his base support.

OTOH, a case could be made that a willingness to defer to such groups opportunistically is, in fact, a kind of defacto racism.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  The 'my earpiece wasn't working' doesn't add up. If you look at the responses, it's clear he understood the questions. Especially as regards the

Source: Trump

'Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists,”

© Copyright Original Source

I mean look at that. Not only does he say he doesn't know ANYTHING about David Duke (a patent lie, and not a reference to knowing him personally), he says he doesn't even know what he's [Tapper] talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. Please, there is no way he can cover that with 'a bad ear piece'. The answer is direct and to the point and says something that is, as we know from the previous posts on this topic in this thread, a lie, in ANY context. He DOES know who David Duke is, he DOES know what white supremacists are. No amount of static or gaps in sound in an earpiece can explain that response.

He's clearly muddying the waters, dodging. It appears he himself forgot about all the times he'd already made statements about David Duke. Nevertheless, this exchange is clearly and simply a string of lies in response to the questions asked. If there was static, it clearly didn't interfere with what he heard before this answer was given. The answer is perfectly consistent with having heard the first question in its entirety. It just isn't consistent with previous statements made by Trump.

Which brings us back to the issue in implication of deferment to White supremacist groups because he needed (and still needs) their votes.

Jim
                  I'm not trying to persuade YOU of anything, Jim. It's clear you've already made up your mind, and have determined to ignore contrary data. You are doing EXACTLY what I said liberals were doing. Thanks for confirming my intuition on that.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I'm not trying to persuade YOU of anything, Jim. It's clear you've already made up your mind, and have determined to ignore contrary data. You are doing EXACTLY what I said liberals were doing. Thanks for confirming my intuition on that.
                    That's an odd response. I gave you clear reasons for why the 'bad earpiece' excuse of Trumps doesn't make sense to me. A reasoned response would be to counter and explain why you think it does makes sense to you.

Jim

Comment

• From the New Hampshire Union Leader...

Sen. Warren, unmasked: She has politician’s DNA

Liberals looking to U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren as a fresh hope for the Democrats in 2020 must be a bit disillusioned, given this week’s performance.

Her stunt of releasing a DNA test result, packaged with a campaign video, showed the Bay Stater to be the typical politician who thinks of herself first and foremost.

Fellow Democrats were dumbstruck that Warren would blot out their unified message as the mid-term elections approach. Any airtime or ink spent on how much (or little) Native American blood Warren has is time and ink not spent on trying to paint Donald Trump and all Republicans as bad for the country.

Warren clearly doesn’t care.

Goaded by Trump as a phony “Pocahontas’’ and dogged by suspicions that her claimed “minority’’ status helped advance her career, Warren took a blood test.

The results were hardly overwhelming.

She may have had a single Native American ancestor six to 10 generations ago.

She also drew a rebuke from the Cherokee Nation, which said her earlier claims of tribal heritage remain unproven.

Having had her plan blow up in her face, Warren claimed it wasn’t about her 2020 ambitions but about Trump and her concern with her own re-election next month.

Her Republican challenger has done little with it.

The only one who jumped on it is a longshot independent, Shiva Ayyadurai, whose slogan is “Only a real Indian can defeat a fake Indian.’’
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• "Her Republican challenger has done little with it."

As the saying goes, never get your opponent's way when they're intent on discrediting themselves.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"Her Republican challenger has done little with it."

As the saying goes, never get your opponent's way when they're intent on discrediting themselves.
                          It's no more an issue than Trumps birtherism claim re Obama. Even with proof of Obama's birthplace Trump pursued the lie, just as he will no doubt keep up the offensive "Pocahontas" mockery against Warren...this is the sort of sleazebag he is. No matter that Warren revealed an analysis of genetic testing confirmed her distant Native American ancestry, just as she had claimed was family lore via her mother.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            It's no more an issue than Trumps birtherism claim re Obama. Even with proof of Obama's birthplace Trump pursued the lie, just as he will no doubt keep up the offensive "Pocahontas" mockery against Warren...
                            The fact is that Warren very smugly released the test, being foolish enough to think it proved her right, but it blew up in her face. She's a fraud.

this is the sort of sleazebag he is.
                            So Warren decided to descend to his level. Smart. You seem to be dwelling there, as well.

No matter that Warren revealed an analysis of genetic testing confirmed her distant Native American ancestry, just as she had claimed was family lore via her mother.

You're honestly going to pretend that's what the results showed? Wow.

Elizabeth Warren's 'part' Cherokee claim is a joke, and a racist insult to Natives like me

The day after a CNN public opinion poll ranked Elizabeth Warren fourth among possible Democratic 2020 hopefuls, the Massachusetts senator released the results of a DNA test along with a campaign-style ad defending her family’s story of Cherokee heritage.

Warren’s decision to cave to President Donald Trump’s demands was an affront to many Native Americans, who have long stated that DNA tests cannot be used to claim Native heritage or relationship to a tribe.

Cherokee Nation, the largest tribe in the United States, agrees. In a public statement, the tribe called Warren’s use of a DNA test “inappropriate and wrong,” and said the senator “is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.” Neither Warren nor the Democratic Party has responded to the statement.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This deserves its very own post....

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              No matter that Warren revealed an analysis of genetic testing confirmed her distant Native American ancestry, just as she had claimed was family lore via her mother.
                              I'm still chuckling about this one. Smiling so big it makes my face look like I have "high cheekbones".

Thanks for the giggles, Tass!

Comment

• In more amusing news, Babylon Bee been having fun with this:

Hillary Clinton Releases DNA Test Results Proving She's Only Half Lizard Person

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Shortly after Elizabeth Warren released a DNA test that may or may not show that she is 1/1024th Native American, failed presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton showed the results of a recent DNA test that conclusively proved she is only 50% Reptilian.

The test, conducted by a renowned DNA expert, showed that only 50% of her blood comes from reptilian humanoids from space bent on destroying humanity. Many Washington insiders had claimed she was 100% reptile, but these claims are now known to be a hoax.

"I'm happy to announce that I'm only half reptile," she said on an interview Sunday evening. "I hope my critics will think twice before calling me a space reptile now, since that's only half true. I'm only part lizard person, thank you very much."

But she was quick to point out that whether or not she's an earth-conquering reptile is irrelevant, quipping, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

At publishing time, Clinton had admitted the remainder of her DNA was that of a Cylon.
                                https://babylonbee.com/news/hillary-...-lizard-person
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment