Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    We agree! One has to wonder where her advisers where with this one. Though here's the thing. Why would she not understand that what she showed would not be enough to quiet the controversy? Did they not talk to the Indian nation representatives to find out what would be legit? Was she just stubbornly proud and wouldn't listen to anyone (this would point to the sincerity of her belief in her heritage - and a lot of naivete). Someone trying to game the system would know to just shut up about it. But as a senator, she should have had the resources to be able to research and know that what she was doing was not going to accomplish anything. That part is confusing to me.

Jim
    I think all she saw was that the tests showed she had an indigenous American ancestor and went with that. If she had any worries she probably counted on the MSM providing cover -- which was exactly what they did at first until too many people started pointing out the many issues and problems with the results on social media causing them to flip on her as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We agree! One has to wonder where her advisers where with this one. Though here's the thing. Why would she not understand that what she showed would not be enough to quiet the controversy? Did they not talk to the Indian nation representatives to find out what would be legit? Was she just stubbornly proud and wouldn't listen to anyone (this would point to the sincerity of her belief in her heritage - and a lot of naivete). Someone trying to game the system would know to just shut up about it. But as a senator, she should have had the resources to be able to research and know that what she was doing was not going to accomplish anything. That part is confusing to me.

Jim
      That's why I leaned toward fraud - though I'll gladly soften that. I believe she was so determined to 'prove Trump wrong' that she didn't even think about the fallout. She just assumed this would be a slam dunk, and didn't bother to 'focus group' it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The fact that she had her DNA tested in secret after publicly declining to do so certainly suggests that she had some doubts.
        It suggests she was cautious. Given Trumps behavior, it was wise. Not wise enough in the end, but no, it would be a serious lack of judgement to announce ahead of time such a test was being done. So I don't thing that in and of itself indicates she had anything more than normal, reasonable caution over the issue.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It suggests she was cautious. Given Trumps behavior, it was wise. Not wise enough in the end, but no, it would be a serious lack of judgement to announce ahead of time such a test was being done. So I don't thing that in and of itself indicates she had anything more than normal, reasonable caution over the issue.

Jim
          If she was as confidant as she claimed then announcing before hand would have been better than sneaking out and having it done after repeatedly saying you wouldn't.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            It's not a lie if they believe it...
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Warren has said that as a child she was told by older family members including her mother, that she had Native American ancestry. And her DNA tests indicate she is right. The only one making an issue over this is Trump with constant “Pocahontas “references. He did similar re Obama’s birthplace.
              AND the fact that you keep ignoring, that she actually claimed minority status as a Native American during college. That is more than claiming some distant ancestry, that is claiming enough ancestry to qualify as a minority and as a Native American.

But keep repeating your nonsense. It amuses me.

Comment

One has to wonder where her advisers where with this one. Though here's the thing. Why would she not understand that what she showed would not be enough to quiet the controversy?
                This is why I suspect she really didn't understand what the results actually showed. I almost wonder if the DNA expert was just telling her what she wanted to hear and didn't bother to explain how negligible the amount of non-white DNA really was.

Alternatively, she really did understand it and expected the liberal media to dutifully cover for her and push the false narrative she wanted.

Either way, she's not going to live this one down. This is going to dog her for the rest of her political career.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• o48g7rcways11.jpg
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Warren Took DNA Test to Help Rebuild 'Trust in Government'

Democratic U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren says she changed her mind and took a DNA test proving her heritage because Americans' trust in government is "at an all-time low" and she wants to rebuild it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...-in-government
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      If she was as confidant as she claimed then announcing before hand would have been better than sneaking out and having it done after repeatedly saying you wouldn't.
                      I think years in politics should jade anyone against overconfidence. I don't think that part of it means anything except that she wasn't absolutely positive. Which then again, neither am I :)

The political environment eats people alive over the smallest of mistakes. Even if I was positive I'd run it past some basic sanity checks first. And given who trump is, I'd wait till the results came back before making any announcements. A botched test. Unknown other factors. Many legitimate issues exist which could make one look foolish even in the best of circumstances. I'd wait. As it was, she still wasn't cautious enough to avoid further derision.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Now it's about "working families all across this commonwealth".

She just needs to stop.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Now it's about "working families all across this commonwealth".

She just needs to stop.
                          She was asked a question about the DNA test, so she's not continuing the discussion of her own initiative in this video. And she is saying she did it as part of an overall package of transparency about who she is. Since her claim of Indian heritage is one of the controversial issues specific to her, she was open and public about what the reality is. Which given the fact it wasn't all that favorable a result would point to an honest attempt to be exactly what she is saying she's trying to be - open, transparent. That seems fair enough to me. It certainly is quite different from the approach President Trump has made on far more significant issues related to his past and heritage.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Now it's about "working families all across this commonwealth".

She just needs to stop.
                            In my experience, politicians aren't very good at that. She's just throwing excuses at the wall now, hoping one will stick.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              AND the fact that you keep ignoring, that she actually claimed minority status as a Native American during college. That is more than claiming some distant ancestry, that is claiming enough ancestry to qualify as a minority and as a Native American. .
                              There's nothing of substance to "ignore". This is a right-wing meme used to discredit Warren by the likes of you and the Trump brigade. It is widely disputed. It would not even be an issue if not for Trump's endless racist "Pocahontas" jibes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/el...tive-american/
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• The indisputable fact is she claimed she was a Native American while at University of Pennsylvania and Harvard. The question is did this claim help her get employment there. While Harvard denied it they were sure mighty quick to publicly promote her as their first "person of color" faculty person.

Comment