Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Warren calls Trumps bluff, proves native american heritage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Nah, he'd just need to donate it to a dis-privileged minority...say, a Native American?
    You mean a for really one?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

----------

According to Warren’s own DNA test, she has, at best, 1 1/32nd Native American ancestry, but it could also be as low as 1/512. Percentage-wise, she can claim somewhere between 0.1 percent to 3.125 percent Native lineage.

The minimum requirement to claim membership in most Native American tribes ranges from 1/8 (12.5 percent) to 1/2 (50 percent). A few tribes have a minimum requirement of 1/16 (six percent).

Assuming this DNA test is accurate, Warren can still make no claim to membership in a Cherokee tribe. The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians has a minimum threshold of 1/16 “blood quantum,” and the United Keetowah Band’s threshold is 1/4 blood quantum. The Cherokee Nation does not have any minimum threshold for ancestry, but for membership, it does require that an individual “provide documents that connect you to a direct ancestor listed on one of the Dawes Final Rolls of Citizens of the Cherokee Nation.” The Dawes Rolls do not include any of Warren’s ancestors.

Warren’s expert analyst Bustamante concludes that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European but said evidence “support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

However, there is no proof of her specific claim to be part Cherokee.

Much of Warren’s claim to American Indian heritage was debunked in 2014 when official documents, including a marriage certificate, appeared to prove that Warren’s story about her parents being forced to elope due to her mother’s Indian heritage was not true.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-ancestry/
      The percentage has gone down and the Boston Globe printed a correction...

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

So she's potentially 1/1024th Native American (but that might actually be a Hispanic ancestor) or 0.00097%

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          The percentage has gone down and the Boston Globe printed a correction...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32118[/ATTACH]
          Capture.JPG
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]32119[/ATTACH]
            Something like 1/32 of 1/32.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My brother took the Ancestry.com test and it came back as something like 95% from England/Ireland/Scotland and the rest from unspecified European. But we are half-German. My mom was German. Yet the test didn't show any German when it should have come back half-German. I don't trust those tests.

Comment

My brother took the Ancestry.com test and it came back as something like 95% from England/Ireland/Scotland and the rest from unspecified European. But we are half-German. My mom was German. Yet the test didn't show any German when it should have come back half-German. I don't trust those tests.
                Me too neither. Mine showed I'm part border collie.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They supposedly fixed their algorithms and now it's more accurate.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Breitbart continues the pile-on...

Source: Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Test Included 0% Actual Native American DNA

The Stanford University researcher who studied Sen Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA.

The Boston Globe broke the story Monday of Warren’s DNA test, which she and the newspaper claimed as proof of her Native American ancestry, after results suggested she may have had a Native American ancestor six to ten generations ago. That means her genome may be between 1/64 to 1/1024 percent Native American.

Buried deep within the Globe story, however, is the admission that the Stanford University researcher who studied her DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA to determine whether Warren’s dubious claims of Cherokee ancestry were true.

The Globe reported (original links):

The analysis of Warren’s DNA was done by Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor and expert in the field who won a 2010 MacArthur fellowship, also known as a genius grant, for his work on tracking population migration via DNA analysis.

Warren provided a sample of her DNA to a private lab in Georgia in August, according to one of the senator’s aides. The data from that test was sent to Bustamante and his team for analysis. Warren received the report last week.

To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Strait about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south. His report explained that the use of reference populations whose genetic material has been fully sequenced was designed “for maximal accuracy.”

Bustamante said he can tease out the markers that these South Americans would have in common with Native Americans on the North American continent.

The analysis depends, therefore, on faith in Bustamante’s methods of extrapolation, and on the other methods he used to determine that Warren’s supposedly Native American DNA segments were not mere statistical noise.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-american-dna/

© Copyright Original Source

Hey if she is part Central American that would make her a Mormon Lamanite!

Comment

Hey if she is part Central American that would make her a Mormon Lamanite!
                      I get confused - are those the ones who can become white and delightsome, or the other ... um.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I get confused - are those the ones who can become white and delightsome, or the other ... um.....
                        Lamanites were the evil mark of Cain type. The Nephites were the Saltine-Americans
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

hmm that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            They supposedly fixed their algorithms and now it's more accurate.
                            They did send my brother an update recently but it didn't add any German. I suppose my mom's family could have migrated from England way in the past, but I just don't trust them.

Comment

I think they were the black cursed ones. The Nephites were the white and delightsome ones.

Comment

Explains why you are color blind.

Comment