Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We Must Stop Global Warming NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Scottish Power says today that it has sold off all its gas and coal power stations and is generating 100% wind power. The first power company in the UK to do that. That’s the direction of travel and things are moving quicker all the time.
    How many people are out of work as a result?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Scottish Power says today that it has sold off all its gas and coal power stations and is generating 100% wind power. The first power company in the UK to do that. That’s the direction of travel and things are moving quicker all the time.
      Oh, so they've decided to kill birds instead.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of power does it supply to the UK, can it run in the black without subsidies, and is any area wholly supplied by it?
      Last edited by One Bad Pig; 10-16-2018, 08:01 PM.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        To be fair, the stated goal is to stop anthropogenic global warming.

On the other hand, most of those who call for that aren't doing a whole lot to reduce their own impact on the environment.
        Considering that man's ability to significantly alter the global climate is negligible at worse, we may as well try to stop the sun from shining.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          And I guess we'll just ignore how unsightly those giant turbines are, and the negative impact they have on humans and wildlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And I guess we'll just ignore how unsightly those giant turbines are, and the negative impact they have on humans and wildlife.
            The big turbines are going offshore.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Jesus will end global warming, and the rest of the heavens and earth, too, when He returns
              You place your mythology over and above the undoubted facts of man-made global warming.

"We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN
              Urgent changes needed to cut risk of extreme heat, drought, floods and poverty, says IPCC"

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mark-un-report

Do you not care about the welfare of your grandchildren and future generations?
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

If you guys are so concerned about birds you should be killing cats. They kill more than a million times as many birds as the wind turbines do.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  How many people are out of work as a result?
                  The joys of capitalism. If your job becomes value less, you're out of job, and you get to seek for employment elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    If you guys are so concerned about birds you should be killing cats. They kill more than a million times as many birds as the wind turbines do.
                    So when do we start?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's a question for environmentalists. They're the ones who keep trying to "save" the planet with schemes like giant windmills that kill hundreds of thousands of flying wildlife a year, and solar farms that incinerate anything that comes near them.

Comment

I'm good with that!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

1) Wind turbines, thus far, account for a very small percentage of electricity generation; increase that percentage, and more birds will be killed.
                          2) Wind turbines disproportionately kill large, rare birds, who are too big to be attacked by cats.
                          3) You are exaggerating (figures for cats are all over the place, from 10 to 1 to 10,000 to 1).
                          4) Cats kill birds in order to eat them, not for no purpose.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            You place your mythology over and above the undoubted facts of man-made global warming.

"We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN
                            Urgent changes needed to cut risk of extreme heat, drought, floods and poverty, says IPCC"

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mark-un-report

Do you not care about the welfare of your grandchildren and future generations?
                            I certainly do believe what God has said before what any man has said.

You can believe in the myth of climate change caused by man all you want, but God said, "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease", way back in Genesis 8:22, so I trust that He won't allow this earth to be destroyed until he does it with fire. He said that in 2 Peter 3:10.

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up."

I am not worried about climate change. But you should be worried about the Day of the Lord. Because He IS coming, and He is coming in judgment.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't believe that. Show me statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                4) Cats kill birds in order to eat them, not for no purpose.
                                In my experience, they attack birds to bat them around and play with them.... THEN eat them. My Dad said, "they're just tenderizing the meat".
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment