Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khashoggi

Is M.B.S. a real life evil Dexter?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

I know about the show Dexter, but what's a Khashoggi and who is M.B.S?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I know about the show Dexter, but what's a Khashoggi and who is M.B.S?
      Jamal Khashoggi is a Saudi Arabian journalist who was last seen entering the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on October 2nd. The rumor is that at the behest of the Saudia Arabian crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman (or MBS) he was murdered there, dismembered and his body removed in pieces by 15 different persons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Jamal Khashoggi is a Saudi Arabian journalist who was last seen entering the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on October 2nd. The rumor is that at the behest of the Saudia Arabian crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman (or MBS) he was murdered there, dismembered and his body removed in pieces by 15 different persons.
        That's an awfully specific rumor.

Comment

Was the consulate bugged? In the recent crisis, Turkey supported Qatar against Saudi Arabia. Oil and money and weapons and wars are in play against justice, as usual.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Yeah, you don’t really need a “bone saw” (BBC this am) for an interrogation.

Comment

Khashoggi wrote for the Washington Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                It's put out by the Turkish government but the only evidence offered is that cameras trained on the entrances don't show him leaving.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Yeah, you don’t really need a “bone saw” (BBC this am) for an interrogation.
                  You might if you want to remove limbs as part of the interrogation process. Khashoggi was a dissident journalist and MBS doesn't take kindly to opposition, which is why he was in Turkey and not SA in the first place. The Saudis are not nice people, and don't play by our rules. It is quite possible a hit squad did take him out. It is also possible that Turkey nabbed him and did him in to make SA look bad.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You might if you want to remove limbs as part of the interrogation process. Khashoggi was a dissident journalist and MBS doesn't take kindly to opposition, which is why he was in Turkey and not SA in the first place. The Saudis are not nice people, and don't play by our rules. It is quite possible a hit squad did take him out. It is also possible that Turkey nabbed him and did him in to make SA look bad.
                    They may not play by our rules, but they play by Trumps rules. Enemies of the people and all. And now you have Trump defending the Saudi Prince in the same way he defended Putin. "The Prince was very strong in his denial." "It may be that they were rogue murderers said the prince."

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      They may not play by our rules, but they play by Trumps rules. Enemies of the people and all. And now you have Trump defending the Saudi Prince in the same way he defended Putin. "The Prince was very strong in his denial." "It may be that they were rogue murderers said the prince."
                      You would find a way to bring Trump bashing into this. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're not any better at reading Trump's mind than you are ours - which hasn't stopped you from repeated failure. I don't think Trump should buy what the Saudis are saying; I don't know that he has at this point.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Did MBS discount the risks because his pal Trump hates journalists too?
                        JimL beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          You would find a way to bring Trump bashing into this. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're not any better at reading Trump's mind than you are ours - which hasn't stopped you from repeated failure. I don't think Trump should buy what the Saudis are saying; I don't know that he has at this point.
                          Why would I not bring the defender of tyrants into this, since he is once again defending their murderous ways. All over the world journalist are more and more concerned for their liberty and their lives now that the U.S. is no longer there to defend them against the tyrannous Putins, the Erdogan's, the Duartes and the Saudi Princes of the world.

Comment

JimL beat me to it!
                            That, and because with Trump there to defend them, they feel they can get away with it.

Comment

JimL beat me to it!
                              No he did it because he was inspired by how his buddy Obama took multiple steps to attack and persecute "dissident journalists[1]". See? Anybody can play this game.

1. Those who failed to pay proper obeisance to the Obamessiah.

Comment