Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    On the political compass test. I came in almost in the center, just a hair bit to the right.

Mine was the mirror image of yours. I came out center just to the left about as far as yours is to the right. I guess we know that the political compass is BS, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      I guess it depends on how honestly you answered the questions.
      What would be the point of lying on a test to see where you stand on various issues? A test nobody else even sees but you unless you share it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        What would be the point of lying on a test to see where you stand on various issues? A test nobody else even sees but you unless you share it.
        It is not unknown that some people lie to themselves.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

It is not unknown that some people lie to themselves.
          I am sure you do that all the time. But if you are taking a political test that asks your opinion on various topics in order to gauge your political stance, why would you lie to yourself about what you believe about those topics? Why would a liberal WANT to lie about topics to make himself look more conservative, for instance. Would you? Say the question is, "Do you support a mother's right to choose to abort her fetus in the first trimester?" - Assuming you, tassy, believe "yes" why would you answer "no?" or vice versa?

Comment

I am sure you do that all the time.
            Well, no I don’t but your unnecessary ad hominem noted.

But if you are taking a political test that asks your opinion on various topics in order to gauge your political stance, why would you lie to yourself about what you believe about those topics? Why would a liberal WANT to lie about topics to make himself look more conservative, for instance. Would you? Say the question is, "Do you support a mother's right to choose to abort her fetus in the first trimester?" - Assuming you, tassy, believe "yes" why would you answer "no?" or vice versa?
            People lie to themselves when their subconscious attitudes and feelings don’t correspond to their perceived or desired self-image and ideals.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Well, no I don’t but your unnecessary ad hominem noted.

People lie to themselves when their subconscious attitudes and feelings don’t correspond to their perceived or desired self-image and ideals.
              Is that an admission of the guilt you feel for being a liberal toady?

Comment

Is that an admission of the guilt you feel for being a liberal toady?
                Not at all. It is very often associated with religious folk, whose behavior doesn’t accord with their expressed beliefs.

Comment

Not at all. It is very often associated with religious folk, whose behavior doesn’t accord with their expressed beliefs.
                  Is that one of the lies you tell yourself?

Comment

Is that one of the lies you tell yourself?

Comment