Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    That’s kind of you CP. I hope you are well and in good spirits. Life here at the moment is dark, as in 57º North, but the occasional visit to Tweb, brightens things up.
    I was at 83º North once, but I was underwater (and ice) so I couldn't tell if it was dark or not.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I was at 83º North once, but I was underwater (and ice) so I couldn't tell if it was dark or not.
      Is there some kind of ceremony or "rite" for that for first-timers?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're confusing JimL and Tassman. Here's how to tell them apart: JimL is the imitator; Tassman is the one who is congenitably unable to let someone else have the last word.
        Well, someone has to set you all straight. Oh, is this the "last word" again?
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Well, someone has to set you all straight. Oh, is this the "last word" again?
          I see obp is right. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Is there some kind of ceremony or "rite" for that for first-timers?
            Not for going under-ice, just for crossing the Arctic Circle (I'm a proud member of the Royal Order of the Blue Nose).
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-13-2018, 08:40 AM.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not for going under-ice, just for crossing the Arctic Circle (I'm a proud member of the Royal Order of the Blue Nose).

And Shellback or the Order of Neptune, as well?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And Shellback or the Order of Neptune, as well?
                That's for crossing the equator, which I never did; I'm still a pollywog, alas. There's also the Order of Magellan, for circumnagivating the globe. My submarine did that the deployment before I arrived (the easy way, by circling the North Pole ).

sigpic

Comment

That's for crossing the equator, which I never did; I'm still a pollywog, alas. There's also the Order of Magellan, for circumnagivating the globe. My submarine did that the deployment before I arrived (the easy way, by circling the North Pole ).
                  Isn't there something special about crossing the international date line at the equator? Maybe that adds "gold" to order of Neptune?

Comment

Isn't there something special about crossing the international date line at the equator? Maybe that adds "gold" to order of Neptune?
                    I think so, but my tour of duty was in the Atlantic.

sigpic

Comment

I think so, but my tour of duty was in the Atlantic.
                      I was aboard the USS Ranger for a short time, but we never went under the ice.

Comment

I was aboard the USS Ranger for a short time, but we never went under the ice.
                        Considering it would've been a one way trip, that's all for the best.

sigpic

Comment

• Mira? Seating on a plane? Do you think Trump’s been taking ‘upskirt’ photos on his iPhone?
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Mira? Seating on a plane? Do you think Trump’s been taking ‘upskirt’ photos on his iPhone?
                            Is that what you dream about all day?

Comment

Is that what you dream about all day?
                              I am letting my imagination run off a distance. What’s bugging FLOTUS? You’re on the spot, CP. What can you see?
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I am letting my imagination run off a distance. What’s bugging FLOTUS? You’re on the spot, CP. What can you see?
                                By the dawn's early light? Frost on the pasture, for one thing. Deer in the field. And Jake taking a nap on his chair.

Comment