Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Jamal Khashoggi is a Saudi Arabian journalist who was last seen entering the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on October 2nd. The rumor is that at the behest of the Saudia Arabian crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman (or MBS) he was murdered there, dismembered and his body removed in pieces by 15 different persons.
    Not a rumor
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Not a rumor
      Not that I don't trust you, but citation, please?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Instead of asking for a citation how about you just use your own brain. You don't send 15 members of a Saudi hit squad, one a doctor with a bone saw, and lay in wait for the target you know is coming unless you intend to murder and chop him up. This is just you defending Trump again, defending him the same way he defends himself, by acting stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Instead of asking for a citation how about you just use your own brain. You don't send 15 members of a Saudi hit squad, one a doctor with a bone saw, and lay in wait for the target you know is coming unless you intend to murder and chop him up. This is just you defending Trump again, defending him the same way he defends himself, by acting stupid.
          You really need to stop the lying, Jim.

I had already said....

Let me be clear for the Olympic-class conclusion jumpers here. I'm not buying the stories coming out of SaudiLand.

Hence, my statement above - Habeas corpus - which, from Latin, literally means "that you have the body" -- if he was killed in a fist fight, and not chopped up in little pieces, somebody should be able to produce the body.
          I was simply asking Shuny for an actual citation to see if he had more than just rumors.

I know better than to expect an actual citation from you, because all you have is rank jackassery and hateful rhetoric.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You really need to stop the lying, Jim.

I had already said....

I was simply asking Shuny for an actual citation to see if he had more than just rumors.

I know better than to expect an actual citation from you, because all you have is rank jackassery and hateful rhetoric.
            Not lying, CP. Just stating the facts. Like Trump, you're acting stupid.

Comment

It's considerably more than just a rumour as you imply elsewhere, there is strong circumstantial evidence and very likely more to come. And yes, the body (or what's left of it), needs to be produced.

"Turkish media have named 15 Saudi nationals who Turkish officials suspect were involved in the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi journalist critical of the government who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in the city of Istanbul on 2 October.

Most of the men flew into Istanbul on two private jets hours before Mr Khashoggi arrived at the consulate to collect some routine paperwork, and flew back to Riyadh later in the day on the same jets..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45906396
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

What are the sources claiming the "15 trained assassins"?

What are the sources claiming "doctor" and "bone saw"? And was that doctor named "Krieger"?

What are the sources claiming the victim was "chopped up" and possibly disseminated?

Last I'd heard, all of the info was coming from two untrustworthy sources: Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Are there any independent sources with independent confirmation of the allegations?

I think the Saudi version is camel crap, but I also think there is no *proof* to the contrary, just "rumors."
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  It's considerably more than just a rumour as you imply elsewhere,
                  Liar - I am not implying it's a rumor - I'm asking for proof that it isn't.

there is strong circumstantial evidence and very likely more to come.
                  Let me type this really slowly, Tass.... I have already made it clear (to anybody with half a brain) that I am quite suspicious of the "he got in a fight" claim, as evidenced by my call to "produce the body".

And yes, the body (or what's left of it), needs to be produced.
                  Which is what I called for! You ARE aware of the meaning of the Latin phrase I posted some time back, yes?

"Turkish media have named 15 Saudi nationals who Turkish officials suspect were involved in the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi journalist critical of the government who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in the city of Istanbul on 2 October.

Most of the men flew into Istanbul on two private jets hours before Mr Khashoggi arrived at the consulate to collect some routine paperwork, and flew back to Riyadh later in the day on the same jets..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45906396
                  While that's still not "proof", why couldn't you have posted the cite, as asked for, without all the pathetic drama queen kabuki dance? Because you realize it doesn't really answer the question?

Comment

Liar - I am not implying it's a rumor - I'm asking for proof that it isn't.
                    This means you accept it as at least a rumour. Anyway, “rumour” is the wrong word to use. There is a considerable amount of circumstantial evidence re the disappearance of Khashoggi and every indication of more to come.

Let me type this really slowly, Tass.... I have already made it clear (to anybody with half a brain) that I am quite suspicious of the "he got in a fight" claim, as evidenced by my call to "produce the body".
                    “Suspicious”?

Everybody except Trump (and his mindless defenders) is without doubt that Saudi position is an outright lie.

Which is what I called for! You ARE aware of the meaning of the Latin phrase I posted some time back, yes?
                    What do you think my comment, i.e.: “And yes, the body (or what's left of it), needs to be produced” mean? It means I agree. Not good on nuance are you?

While that's still not "proof", why couldn't you have posted the cite, as asked for,
                    What are you on about? There IS no "proof" at this stage. There IS considerable circumstantial evidence and Turkey appears prepared to release more conclusive evidence.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This means you accept it as at least a rumour.
                      No. No, it doesn't. And the rest of your post was just as goofy.

Comment

No. No, it doesn't. And the rest of your post was just as goofy.
                        Are you denying that there is considerable circumstantial evidence re the murder of Khashoggi and every indication of more to come?

Comment

Are you denying that there is considerable circumstantial evidence re the murder of Khashoggi and every indication of more to come?

Are you REALLY that DAFT? I don't trust anything the Saudis say on this, and I have CLEARLY said they need to "produce the body" if they're going to expect anybody to believe he wasn't hacked up into pieces.

I don't trust the SAUDIS any more than I trust anything you say, Tass.

Comment

I don't trust the SAUDIS.
                            IOW you have nothing to contribute to the discussion that hasn't already been said.

Comment

What would convince you that he was murdered? At the moment I believe that the Saudi Government has blamed it on rebels for example, but naturally this changes as pressure is applied to their government by the west.

If it was shown that Saudi had him killed, what do you think the response by the west should be? Your country and mine make a lot of money selling weapons to them. Should we cancel the contracts? Morally it would be about time, but is one man worth the hit to profit?

Comment

Are you REALLY that DAFT? I don't trust anything the Saudis say on this, and I have CLEARLY said they need to "produce the body" if they're going to expect anybody to believe he wasn't hacked up into pieces.

I don't trust the SAUDIS any more than I trust anything you say, Tass.
                                What's obvious is that you don't trust the lying Saudi's any more than you say that you trust the lying Trump, the point being that in either case you just don't care so long as they're perceived to be on the same evil tyrannical sociopathic team, i.e. your team. Tell us what you believe CP. Do you believe the Saudi's and the Prince (MBS) are guilty of premeditated murder, or do you believe their continuously changing story about Khasshoggi being alive and leaving through the back door of the Embassy, or how about their secondary story, their admittance of his being dead, murdered by rogue actors, or their even newer version of it being an accident, that he died in a fight, a choke hold, and there just happened to be a doctor there with a bone saw so they chopped him up and took him out in pieces to cover up the accidental killing. Which story do you believe, CP?
                                Last edited by JimL; 10-22-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment