Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Wish The Elephants Had Trampled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish The Elephants Had Trampled...

...these sick SOBs...

https://michaelsavage.com/moment-her...bull-elephant/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...phant-trophies
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This is worse. Warning, graphic photos.

https://lifedynamics.com/what-is-abo...tion-pictures/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Much worse.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Nope, it is not, despite the sensationalist pictures the Pro Life folk delight in disseminating in their self-righteous way. Re ABORTION: The brain pattern IS the person. When it goes you go and before it comes on, you are not here. Roe v Wade got the balance right between the rights of the woman vis-a-vis the rights of the fetus. The Supreme Court case that held that the Constitution protected a woman’s right to an abortion prior to the viability of the fetus, i.e. the first 24 weeks. No one, including you, has the right to impose their private morality on anyone else.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            But this culling described in the OP is legal so just like abortion it should therefore receive your seal of approval.

Kruger said elephant hunting was a sensitive issue but a “legal and sustainable” practice in Namibia.

He told News24:”There is a small quota of elephants in the area and we only hunt two elephants a year.”

00000000000000ara.jpg
            Just substitute an elephant for the lion this time

Nope, it is not, despite the sensationalist pictures the Pro Life folk delight in disseminating in their self-righteous way. Re ABORTION: The brain pattern IS the person. When it goes you go and before it comes on, you are not here. Roe v Wade got the balance right between the rights of the woman vis-a-vis the rights of the fetus. The Supreme Court case that held that the Constitution protected a woman’s right to an abortion prior to the viability of the fetus, i.e. the first 24 weeks. No one, including you, has the right to impose their private morality on anyone else.
            But electroencephalograms have been detecting brainwaves as early as 6 to 6˝ weeks since back in the mid-1950s and this has been confirmed multiple times since then. As Parents Magazine succinctly puts it in their series about the development of the baby at week 6 "brain waves can now be recorded." So I guess since it has brainwaves it is a person in that it's a lack of brain activity that defines death in a person.
            Last edited by rogue06; 10-19-2018, 04:38 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The folk who cull animals are doing it wrong.

They should anesthetize the pregnant cow elephants or lionesses or whatever it is and rip the unborn "fetus" out since they aren't really the actual animal until they're born.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The folk who cull animals are doing it wrong.

They should anesthetize the pregnant cow elephants or lionesses or whatever it is and rip the unborn "fetus" out since they aren't really the actual animal until they're born.
                Certainly the Jews, and possibly Jesus himself, believed that a fetus isn't a person until birth based upon Genesis 2:7, God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

But electroencephalograms have been detecting brainwaves as early as 6 to 6˝ weeks since back in the mid-1950s and this has been confirmed multiple times since then. As Parents Magazine succinctly puts it in their series about the development of the baby at week 6 "brain waves can now be recorded." So I guess since it has brainwaves it is a person in that it's a lack of brain activity that defines death in a person.
                  These “brainwaves” are merely the rudimentary nervous system, which is not functional at this time. The fetus cannot process information or move in response to a stimulus. Even by week 14, although the fetus can move, the movements are just involuntary, jerky reflexes. They are not driven by higher cortical functioning.

Meaningful life does not begin until 25 weeks. This rationale is based on the definition of death, which is not disputed, and is considered the time when EEG activity ceases. EEG measures brain activity and must demonstrate regular wave patterns to be considered valid.

Therefore, by this rule the onset of viable life would be the time when fetal brain activity begins to exhibit regular wave patterns, which occurs fairly consistently around week 25. Previous to then, the EEG only shows small bursts of activity without sustained firing of neurons.

And, for this reason the vast majority of abortions (over 90%) are done in the first trimester, long before viability. And Roe v Wade allows for women have the right to abort pre-viability without undue interference from the state.

Comment

Certainly the Jews, and possibly Jesus himself, believed that a fetus isn't a person until birth based upon Genesis 2:7, God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.
                    Since the most commonly accepted view is that Adam was specially created, without a mother and never in a womb your use of Genesis 2:7 here reveals profound ignorance and desperate grasping at straws.

And all humans were "living beings" thereafter without having to take a breath first or you wouldn't have verses such as Psalm 22:10

On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Kind of hard for a lifeless clump of tissue to have a God like that, wouldn't you agree?

There is also Job 31:15; Psalm 139:13-16; Isaiah 44:24; Jeremiah 1:5...

And obviously, as the New Testament clearly demonstrates, a baby in the womb was considered as being alive as we can seen in Luke 1:41, 44:

And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit ... For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Likewise in the Old Testament we see in Exodus 21:22-25:

“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

So if you injure (not by accident but while fighting) a pregnant woman and kill the unborn baby, your life is therefore forfeit "you shall pay life for life."

Fail better

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

These “brainwaves” are merely the rudimentary nervous system, which is not functional at this time. The fetus cannot process information or move in response to a stimulus. Even by week 14, although the fetus can move, the movements are just involuntary, jerky reflexes. They are not driven by higher cortical functioning.

Meaningful life does not begin until 25 weeks. This rationale is based on the definition of death, which is not disputed, and is considered the time when EEG activity ceases. EEG measures brain activity and must demonstrate regular wave patterns to be considered valid.

Therefore, by this rule the onset of viable life would be the time when fetal brain activity begins to exhibit regular wave patterns, which occurs fairly consistently around week 25. Previous to then, the EEG only shows small bursts of activity without sustained firing of neurons.

And, for this reason the vast majority of abortions (over 90%) are done in the first trimester, long before viability. And Roe v Wade allows for women have the right to abort pre-viability without undue interference from the state.
                      "Meaningful life" is just claptrap that abortion supporter trot out to excuse their actions. Since brainwaves can pretty much flat line when someone enters the deepest type of coma (they "cannot process information or move in response to a stimulus") this means that you wouldn't consider them alive and euthanizing (killing) them is completely acceptable.

Source: From the Deepest Coma, New Brain Activity Found

When a patient's brain falls completely silent, and electrical recordings devices show a flat line, reflecting a lack of brain activity, doctors consider the patient to have reached the deepest stage of a coma. However, new findings suggest there can be a coma stage even deeper than this flat line — and that brain activity can ramp up again from this state.

In the case of one patient in a drug-induced coma, and in subsequent experiments on cats, the researchers found that after deepening the coma by administering a higher dose of drugs, the silent brain started showing minimum but widespread neural activity across the brain, according to the study published today (Sept. 18) in the journal PLOS ONE.

The findings were based on measures of the brain's electrical activity, detected by electroencephalography (EEG), which shows various waveforms. In comatose patients, depending on the stage of their coma, the waveforms are altered. As the coma deepens, the EEG device will eventually show a flat line instead of a wave – this stage is considered to be the turning point between a living brain and a deceased brain.

"Flat line was the deepest known form of coma," said study researcher Florin Amzica, neurophysiologist at Université de Montréal.

The new study shows "there's a deeper form of coma that goes beyond the flat line, and during this state of very deep coma, cortical activity revives," Amzica said. He noted the findings apply to patients in a medically induced coma with healthy brains that are receiving blood and oxygen. The conclusions may not extend to cases of comatose patients who have suffered major brain damage, he said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Since the most commonly accepted view is that Adam was specially created, without a mother and never in a womb your use of Genesis 2:7 here reveals profound ignorance and desperate grasping at straws.
                        Typically excess verbiage snipped.

One judges Jewish attitudes towards the OT and abortions by their actions. “Jewish law does not share the belief common among abortion opponents that life begins at conception, nor does it legally consider the fetus to be a full person deserving of protections equal those accorded to human beings. In Jewish law, a fetus attains the status of a full person only at birth”.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...ewish-thought/

Historically, this has been the position of Judaism throughout and remains the position today as reflected in the abortion laws of the Jewish state of Israel.

“All Israeli women seeking to terminate a pregnancy (and have it paid for through state health insurance) must appear before a three-person committee, but in practice nearly all requests are granted. There are no laws limiting when an abortion can be performed, and a woman whose request is denied by the committee can still seek an abortion at a private clinic”. Ibid.

Comment

"Meaningful life" is just claptrap that abortion supporter trot out to excuse their actions. Since brainwaves can pretty much flat line when someone enters the deepest type of coma (they "cannot process information or move in response to a stimulus") this means that you wouldn't consider them alive and euthanizing (killing) them is completely acceptable.
                          If a person experiences the irreversible cessation of all viable brain function he or she is considered legally dead.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32405[/ATTACH]
                            I don't care what someone at My Jewish Learning proclaims, I'll stick with what the Bible actually states.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Typically excess verbiage snipped.

One judges Jewish attitudes towards the OT and abortions by their actions. “Jewish law does not share the belief common among abortion opponents that life begins at conception, nor does it legally consider the fetus to be a full person deserving of protections equal those accorded to human beings. In Jewish law, a fetus attains the status of a full person only at birth”.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...ewish-thought/

Historically, this has been the position of Judaism throughout and remains the position today as reflected in the abortion laws of the Jewish state of Israel.

“All Israeli women seeking to terminate a pregnancy (and have it paid for through state health insurance) must appear before a three-person committee, but in practice nearly all requests are granted. There are no laws limiting when an abortion can be performed, and a woman whose request is denied by the committee can still seek an abortion at a private clinic”. Ibid.

Secular Israel is no better than secular any other country. And just because something is the law of the land doesn't make it right or good. Why are you so dim that you can't see that?

As rogue said, the word of God is my final authority and I don't care what you or any other man says.

Comment