Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CPR Is Rape! The Politics of Cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Nah, I did it a number of times in real life, never broke anyone's rib...
    "...I mean, the people still died, but at least I didn't break their rib."

I'm just teasin' ya.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      "...I mean, the people still died, but at least I didn't break their rib."

I'm just teasin' ya.
      I lost two in those years, saved two...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        'You cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping': Frozen star Kristen Bell claims Snow White is sending the wrong message about consent to children and insists the prince should have asked permission first

Kristen Bell claims Snow White sends the wrong message about consent to children because she is asleep when the prince kisses her.

The Frozen star spoke to Parenting about her concerns after reading Snow White to her daughters Lincoln, five, and Delta, three.

'Every time we close Snow White, I look at my girls and ask, "Don’t you think it’s weird that Snow White didn’t ask the old witch why she needed to eat the apple? Or where she got that apple?"' the 38-year-old shared.

The Veronica Mars alum also asks her daughters about the romance story line as she finds it offering the wrong view on consent.

'Don’t you think that it’s weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission?' she asks her girls.

'Because you can not kiss someone if they’re sleeping!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e_article-home
        There seems to be a bunch of sensationalizing there that's unwarranted based on the original article. For example, the claim that she "insists the prince should have asked permission first" is found nowhere in the original article. All she did was mention pointing out to her kids that kissing someone who's asleep isn't something you should do in real life, which isn't really an inaccurate statement. There's no indication she's actually using it as a criticism of the story.

Comment

Cursed. Save the cursed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            'You cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping': Frozen star Kristen Bell claims Snow White is sending the wrong message about consent to children and insists the prince should have asked permission first

Kristen Bell claims Snow White sends the wrong message about consent to children because she is asleep when the prince kisses her.

The Frozen star spoke to Parenting about her concerns after reading Snow White to her daughters Lincoln, five, and Delta, three.

'Every time we close Snow White, I look at my girls and ask, "Don’t you think it’s weird that Snow White didn’t ask the old witch why she needed to eat the apple? Or where she got that apple?"' the 38-year-old shared.

The Veronica Mars alum also asks her daughters about the romance story line as she finds it offering the wrong view on consent.

'Don’t you think that it’s weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission?' she asks her girls.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e_article-home

The world has gone mad. A while back the feminists were claiming Pepe le Pew was a Rapist.
            She must really hate Once Upon a Time.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I lost two in those years, saved two...
              I'm sorry. My joking about the matter is wholly inappropriate. Please forgive me.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I'm sorry. My joking about the matter is wholly inappropriate. Please forgive me.
                No big deal, it was a lifetime ago when I was a firefighter...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  There seems to be a bunch of sensationalizing there that's unwarranted based on the original article. For example, the claim that she "insists the prince should have asked permission first" is found nowhere in the original article. All she did was mention pointing out to her kids that kissing someone who's asleep isn't something you should do in real life, which isn't really an inaccurate statement. There's no indication she's actually using it as a criticism of the story.
                  Thank you mr. Nitpik, but

pretty much says that.

Comment

No big deal, it was a lifetime ago when I was a firefighter...
                    Cool! Do you mind sharing what happened? It's okay if you don't want to.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Cool! Do you mind sharing what happened? It's okay if you don't want to.
                      Just working fires and accidents, lost a 17 year old, motor cycle accident, saved a couple in fires, lost an older man after a fire. The 17 year old was the worse, I did chest compression from the accident site until the doctors call it in the emergency room - 45 minutes. His father was a well known local minister. It was strange knowing that some ones loved one died before they did.
                      Last edited by seer; 10-19-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Just working fires and accidents, lost a 17 year old, motor cycle accident, saved a couple in fires, lost and older man after a fire. The 17 year old was the worse, I did chest compression from the accident site until the doctors call it in the emergency room - 45 minutes.
                        Why is it that the saddest emergency service stories involve children/teens?
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Why is it that the saddest emergency service stories involve children/teens?
                          Because they are young...

Comment

Because they are young...
                            A buddy of mine in boot camp was a volunteer EMT in high school. After he'd pulled the fifth classmate dead out of wreck, he couldn't take it any more and quit.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              A buddy of mine in boot camp was a volunteer EMT in high school. After he'd pulled the fifth classmate dead out of wreck, he couldn't take it any more and quit.
                              When I was on shift I drove (operated) the rescue unit, jaws of life and such. Car and motorcycle accidents were the worse. We had more fatalities with those than with structure fires.

Comment

00000000000000ar1aa1.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment