Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CPR Is Rape! The Politics of Cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPR Is Rape! The Politics of Cartoons

'You cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping': Frozen star Kristen Bell claims Snow White is sending the wrong message about consent to children and insists the prince should have asked permission first

Kristen Bell claims Snow White sends the wrong message about consent to children because she is asleep when the prince kisses her.

The Frozen star spoke to Parenting about her concerns after reading Snow White to her daughters Lincoln, five, and Delta, three.

'Every time we close Snow White, I look at my girls and ask, "Don’t you think it’s weird that Snow White didn’t ask the old witch why she needed to eat the apple? Or where she got that apple?"' the 38-year-old shared.

The Veronica Mars alum also asks her daughters about the romance story line as she finds it offering the wrong view on consent.

'Don’t you think that it’s weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission?' she asks her girls.

'Because you can not kiss someone if they’re sleeping!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e_article-home

The world has gone mad. A while back the feminists were claiming Pepe le Pew was a Rapist.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    'You cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping': Frozen star Kristen Bell claims Snow White is sending the wrong message about consent to children and insists the prince should have asked permission first

Kristen Bell claims Snow White sends the wrong message about consent to children because she is asleep when the prince kisses her.

The Frozen star spoke to Parenting about her concerns after reading Snow White to her daughters Lincoln, five, and Delta, three.

'Every time we close Snow White, I look at my girls and ask, "Don’t you think it’s weird that Snow White didn’t ask the old witch why she needed to eat the apple? Or where she got that apple?"' the 38-year-old shared.

The Veronica Mars alum also asks her daughters about the romance story line as she finds it offering the wrong view on consent.

'Don’t you think that it’s weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission?' she asks her girls.

The world has gone mad. A while back the feminists were claiming Pepe le Pew was a Rapist.
    No really, these leftists are completely insane...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If you hadn't provided a link, I would have assumed this was from The Onion or The Babylon Bee. It has to be hard to write satire these days when modern liberalism has turned into a parody of itself.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No really, these leftists are completely insane...
        I have this theory that it's like a virtue contest. They get virtue points for finding new things to be offended over. And it gets increasingly hard to find new things, so they get more and more ridiculous as they stretch and stretch to find something to get noticed by their peers. To the point that they go after cartoons.

It goes something like this...

1: "See how virtuous I am? I noticed that the Prince kissed Snow White without consent!"

2: "Wait! The name Snow White is racist!"

3: "And she is a princess so the cartoon is all about her White Privilege!"

4: "Why does the Prince have to be a male? He should be a woman!"

5: "They are mocking little people by making the dwarves caricatures!"

and on and on.

Comment

I have this theory that it's like a virtue contest. They get virtue points for finding new things to be offended over. And it gets increasingly hard to find new things, so they get more and more ridiculous as they stretch and stretch to find something to get noticed by their peers. To the point that they go after cartoons.

It goes something like this...

1: "See how virtuous I am? I noticed that the Prince kissed Snow White without consent!"

2: "Wait! The name Snow White is racist!"

and on and on.

I think they've already gotten to number 4 with the movie Maleficent. Except in that case it was Sleeping Beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
            MALEficent

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

and on and on.
              Stop giving them ideas!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Dang. I was just using hyperbole above, but you can't even make this stuff up without find out it is for real!

==============
                Heigh ho, oh no! Politically correct panto dumps Snow White’s dwarfs

Culturally sensitive audience members attending this year's Christmas panto at Leicester's De Montfort Hall will be pleased to find that Snow White's seven dwarfs have been cut in favour of a septet of "friends".

According to the Leicester Mercury*, a spokeswoman for the theatre explained that the term "dwarf" is "generally not a word that people feel comfortable with", so it's off to the dole office for Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy and Sleepy.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...seven_friends/

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    I repent in sackcloth and ashes.
                    I want to see the more culturally relevant remake "Femaleficent"
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I want to see the more culturally relevant remake "FeMALEficent"
                      Hypocrite.

Comment

CPR will most likely break your ribs.

Also a person who is awake being able to save those curser to sleep has been around for hundreds of years.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post

Also a person who is awake being able to save those curser to sleep has been around for hundreds of years.
                          Huh? You really need to proofread your posts before hitting submit.

Comment

Huh? You really need to proofread your posts before hitting submit.
                            But I love the beautiful incoherence of:

"Also a person who is awake being able to save those curser to sleep has been around for hundreds of years."
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                              Nah, I did it a number of times in real life, never broke anyone's rib...

Comment